Sempiternity

Biden dropping out

129 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, strika said:

36 minutes ago, Joshe said:

For example if some Christian came up to me and asked me my opinion on this i would try to escape the conversation, i wouldn't want to talk about it and if i did talk i would say something along the lines of "in my opinion it wasn't the type of miracle you think it was, i personally do think that there is a higher power that prevented Trump from getting killed but it wasn't some Christian God or anything religion-releated and this doesn't make Trump a saint or the devil, but the higher power absolutely wanted him alive for whatever purpose that may yet unravel".

6 hours ago, bambi said:

LOL are you serious with this types of posts? Do you believe in satan etc?

Satan does his best work when you don’t believe in him. You are Satan. Ego is Satan.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Even with a new candidate I think it's likely Trump migbt win. Trump surviving is a sign, Biden getting Covid-19 again at the worst possible time is a sign, even most of Biden's administration and Obama begging him to drop out and how most people took that event in Twitter and how vile some lefties were joking about the assassination and the death of one of the fathers protecting his child, all is a sign from GOD that he wants Trump to likely win and show us how crazy the left are in the internet, he really wants the Americans to either change the government into a more limited democracy or seriously reflect and do what the Yogis do and surrender...

@strika Can you draw any parallels from the absurd sentiments held by the Christian Nationalists and the above statement you are defending? I'll post them below to save you some time. 

The writer suggests God wants us to move towards authoritarianism. 
Receipt: "he[God] really wants the Americans to either change the government into a more limited democracy"

• Coincidentally, Christian extremists are advocating for the same thing.

The writer suggests that God wants the world to wake up to the evil acts of the left.
Receipt: "how vile some lefties were joking about the assassination"

• Coincidentally, Christian extremists want the world to see these vile lefties for who they actually are.

The writer omits all prior Trump devilry in their speculation that, while Trump is potentially the single-most evil force on the planet, he was put there by God to solve the two problems of government overreach and wicked lefties.
Receipt: "all is a sign from GOD that he wants Trump to likely win"[to solve the above problems]

• Coincidentally, Christian extremists push the same idea

Now can you see what the problem is when laid out like this? 

It's also not a coincidence the writer has expressed the highest respect for a guy named Andrew Wilson, who you can find on Youtube. He's a toxic right wing christian nationalist. 

Edited by Joshe

22 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Excellent vid from AOC with a reality check on replacing Biden at the 11th hour.

I understand her position, and while Biden is a candidate, some discretion about the internal talks they may be having is prudent. Maybe he is not quitting after all, all these are rumors, so we'll see.

She makes the point that Biden has part of the support of older people who vote a lot. That's important, but Democrats need more than that demographic to win, and right now they have lost plenty compared to four years ago. Also, if he drops, he doesn't need to be put in an asylum right away, he could still be present in the campaign supporting whoever candidate would be chosen, and make a public transition in a way.

What you can't do is ask people to believe Biden is an appropriate man to lead the country for the next four years. Nobody in his right mind can believe in that statement after what we have seen.

48 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Excellent vid from AOC with a reality check on replacing Biden at the 11th hour.

She has not a clue what she is talking about

11 minutes ago, Raze said:

She is kinda cute tho

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Raze said:

She's a sitting member of the House of Representatives who has personal experience and expertise with these matters. And she's obviously approaching this issue from a place of good faith, IMHO.

I'm going to value her opinion on these matters far more than media personalities who've been reacting to unfolding events with fly-by-the-seat-of-thier-pants sensationalism.

If somehow you have more knowledge and firsthand experience on these matters than AOC, I'd love to hear how you managed to do so.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

34 minutes ago, Joshe said:

@strika Can you draw any parallels from the absurd sentiments held by the Christian Nationalists and the above statement you are defending? I'll post them below to save you some time. 

The writer suggests God wants us to move towards authoritarianism. 
Receipt: "he[God] really wants the Americans to either change the government into a more limited democracy"

• Coincidentally, Christian extremists are advocating for the same thing.

The writer suggests that God wants the world to wake up to the evil acts of the left.
Receipt: "how vile some lefties were joking about the assassination"

• Coincidentally, Christian extremists want the world to see these vile lefties for who they actually are.

The writer omits all prior Trump devilry in their speculation that, while Trump is potentially the single-most evil force on the planet, he was put there by God to solve the two problems of government overreach and wicked lefties.
Receipt: "all is a sign from GOD that he wants Trump to likely win"[to solve the above problems]

• Coincidentally, Christian extremists push the same idea

Now can you see what the problem is when laid out like this? 

I wasn't defending the entire post, what happend is: Leo quoted that part of his post where he says that God wants Trump to win based on everything that happend and Leo told him he would ban him for posting that, i found that absurd because it really didn't seem insane that God would want Trump to win (whether for better good or worse, doesnt matter when making this point) considering just the assassination attempt alone and how miraculous it was that Trump tilted his head in the last second in such a way to just escape the bullet to his head, i was never arguing other parts of the post and i don't want to go into them now anyway, this thread should be focused on Joever.

2 hours ago, strika said:

Not pointless, if i called everything a miracle then it would be, but it's hard to discuss it for sure, it's one of those nondual topics that cant really be wrapped with words.

It's not hard to discuss at all. I understand what you are saying.

It's just a useless position to take on this situation. Who fucking cares if God intervened? God is everything and therefore God is intricately involved in all things at all time. So it matters not.

You're trying to make this moment seem special when it's not.

Normally I wouldn't care. But the problem is that the right-wing LOVES this narrative that Trump was saved by a divine intervention. And they don't see miracles like you do. They see miracles as rare occurrences that prove Trump should win.

So best what you are saying is fairly pointless since most us here already know God is in all things. At worst, you are just reinforcing Trump bullshit.

@strika I gotcha. I thought Leo was taking much more than that single statement into account but maybe not. 

1 minute ago, aurum said:

So best what you are saying is fairly pointless since most us here already know God is in all things. At worst, you are just reinforcing Trump bullshit.

Well Leo would be the 1st one to disagree with you it seems, it's not like i made my own post about it, i was responding to Leo who disagreed with the possibility that God has anything to do with what's happening in the world which is a weird position from someone like him, but of course he is just being hypocritical and i was calling that out, if Biden escaped the bullet in such manner he would drop a blog post with a title "Why God Is A Democrat"

13 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

She's a sitting member of the House of Representatives who has personal experience and expertise with these matters. And she's obviously approaching this issue from a place of good faith, IMHO.

I'm going to value her opinion on these matters far more than media personalities who've been reacting to unfolding events with fly-by-the-seat-of-thier-pants sensationalism.

If somehow you have more knowledge and firsthand experience on these matters than AOC, I'd love to hear how you managed to do so.

1) if all you care about is experience see Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Martin Heinrich, and Jim Acosta who have me experience than her and are saying Biden cannot win

2) people with “experience” also said Hillary would beat Trump. Didn’t happen. You evaluate things based on argument, not authority. 

Posted (edited)

@aurum I agree but I'm not sure how to go about this sort of thing. Like, I don't think Strika is bad faith or anything and they hold a line of reasoning that to us seems odd. Like, I will concede that if Trump exists, it is because he's supposed to.

Maybe let's put the shoe on the other foot. What if Bernie Sanders became president and was doing all sorts of good things for the world and we were happy about that, then he barely escapes an assassin's bullet? I'll be honest, the thought probably would occur to me that "it was or wasn't meant to be". 

I think the same thing about Trump, but I don't anthropomorphize God as if God has specific desires and pulls levers at different times to get what it wants. I'm pretty sure I would not attribute Bernie escaping an assassin's bullet as divine intervention. I'll admit the thought would likely cross my mind, but I wouldn't allow it to stand. 

Edited by Joshe

Posted (edited)

@Joshe

3 minutes ago, Joshe said:

@aurum I agree but I'm not sure how to go about this sort of thing. Like, I don't think Strika is bad faith or anything and they hold a line of reasoning that to us seems odd. Like, I will concede that if Trump exists, it is because God wants Trump to exist.

Maybe let's put the shoe on the other foot. What if Bernie Sanders became president and was doing all sorts of good things for the world and we were happy about that, then he barely escapes an assassin's bullet? I'll be honest, the thought would occur to me that "it was or wasn't meant to be". 

I think the same thing about Trump, but I don't anthropomorphize God as if God has specific desires and pulls levers at different times to get what it wants. I'm pretty sure I would not attribute Bernie escaping an assassin's bullet as divine intervention. I'll admit the thought would likely cross my mind, but I wouldn't allow it to stand. 

And that is what I meant in that post! Thank you for agreeing with me and contradicting yourself!👋😂

Edited by Danioover9000

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

And that is what I meant in that post! Thank you for agreeing with me and contradicting yourself!👋😂

Rather than discuss divine intervention by itself, as Strika is doing, you spun an entire narrative that just so happens to align with every right wing extremist christian nationalist on Youtube. Of which, is Andrew Wilson, who you expressed your utmost respect for. 

Andrew Wilson's YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/@bloodsport00 

Notice "bloodsport" in the name. He's a highly toxic Christian nationalist and he's one of your top commentators/pundits. But you're not about all that right wing extremist Christian nationalist stuff that you posted, right? 

Edited by Joshe

The Democratic Party is not simply a divided group struggling with leadership. It is a party that demonstrates integrity by mindfully choosing its leader, rather than just kissing the ring of a dictator.

2 minutes ago, ryandesreu said:

The Democratic Party is not simply a divided group struggling with leadership.

Biden is actually a great leader, but people are too egotistical to see that.

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Biden is actually a great leader

It's hard to be a great leader when he can barely speak.

Being president requires inspiring confidence in the people. Biden is incapable of that due to his senility. His voice barely works.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.