Sempiternity

Biden dropping out

129 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It would be amazing if Gavin somehow ran. He would wipe the floor with Trump and Trump fears him the most.

Kamala is iffy, but better than Biden.

Republicans will find a way to demonize anyone, so that doesn't really matter. They invent their demonizations out of thin air. It's just their propaganda machine. They turn it on anyone Dems elect.

As much as I respect Gavin Newsom myself, he would lose Trump. Millions and millions don't like California and they've made it clear that they don't really trust him because he's comes as either too liberal for them or too much of a greasy car salesman.

I worry that the right-wing media has already demonized him too much as "Greasy Gavin," who is an incompetent radical left politician who has done a terrible job of running California, even though I don't really agree with that. I also can imagine all of the right-wing media and even the mainstream media go on and on and on about the whole "French laundry" incident Newsom was involved in that partly contributed to him going through a recall election.

Also, he doesn't have a record of immense accomplishments at a national to run on like Biden does or have the exceptional level of gravitas that Biden has.

If he becomes the next Democratic nominee for president, then I wouldn't have a problem with that because, because presidential general elections are primarily a referendum on the governance of the party in power. However, nobody knows for certain if even he can make it through the presidential primaries. Let alone, we don't even know for certain if he truly has that exceptional once-in-generation charisma that appeals to the broad spectrum of voters like FDR or Obama in 2008 until he has been fully tested by all of the pressures of the presidential primaries.

For all we know, Newsom could turn out to be an even worse presidential candidate than we thought. Many people, especially the Republicans themselves thought that Ron DeSantis would a terrific replacement for Trump as their leader because he would a much younger, more competent, more discipline version of "Trump without the baggage" and has had a great successful record of being a politician. He was supposed to be this promising rising conservative Republican young star in politics. Yet, not only did he lose badly Trump, but even Nikki Hayley did better than him. Kamala Harris and Corey Booker were expected to be very charismatic and strong presidential candidates in the 2020 presidential primaries, but surprisingly did poorly.

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill  Thoughtful response. Who would you see being the best replacement then?

@Merkabah Star Kamala would get annihilated by Trump

He's too damn clever and quick witted for her

He will slice her to pieces

It's already over, it's probably their best shot but its also a joke to have someone start running and expect them to be voted president in the next 4 months, they've known Biden has been rapidly declining they should of had these talks way earlier. Look at how much more vibrant he was even in the 2020 debate, Compared to the last couple of years

@Nevar People nowadays have extremely short attention spans. i think what matters to alot of voters is what is in front of them right before voting occurs. If there is a fresh new candidate with alot of buzz around them, then that could be what voters will flock to. Most Democrat voters don't want to vote for Biden, and only will because it's the only choice. If given a better option, I would think most all Democrats would happily vote for the new and better option. 

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I worry that the right-wing media has already demonized him too much as "Greasy Gavin,"

Dude, stop capitualting their bullshit narratives.

Trump is a fucking fake TV bullshit conartist criminal and rapist.

Don't do their work for them.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Dude, stop capitualting their bullshit narratives.

Trump is a fucking fake TV bullshit conartist criminal and rapist.

Don't do their work for them.

No, I know that what they've been saying has been bullshit. However, I've been hearing from a lot of people outside of California who are moderates and independents who already have a preconceived notion about him as being a disastrous liberal.because of how much he has already been smeared heavily by so much of the media out there.

The media environment we have been living in has kept ruining too many good possible candidates for all kinds of very important offices in our country.

Even though the right-wing media ecosystem has lost some of its influence in recent years, it's still too much of a powerful cancerous force for us liberals/progressives in many ways.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

him as being a disastrous liberal.because of how much he has already been smeared heavily by so much of the media out there.

Right-wing media will smear anyone who threatens them. Stop caring.

Gavin would bitch-slap Trump in a debate. He's one of the few strong Dems with balls.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Right-wing media will smear anyone who threatens them. Stop caring.

Gavin would bitch-slap Trump in a debate. He's one of the few strong Dems with balls.

But you said it before that the right-wing media ecosystem has brainwashed way too many ignorant Americans. That's why the 2020 election was much closer of an election than it should have been.

Well, it doesn't matter because debates presidential general election have no predictive value. John Kerry won all of his debates against Bush in 2004, but he lost the election. Hillary won all of her debates against Trump in 2016, but she lost the election.

Campaigns in presidential general election also don't really matter either unless it's a truly exceptional charismatic candidate or legendary war hero like Eisenhower. Trump ran a much more energetic campaign than Biden did in 2020, but lost to Biden. William Jennings Bryan in both the 1896 and 1900 presidential elections was exceptionally charismatic and ran an extremely energetic campaign while his GOP opponent McKinley in each of those elections had a lackluster personality and had a front-porch. Bryan still lost both of those elections.

Edited by Hardkill

I would like Gavin Newsom, he crushed DeSantis without effort, and can do the same with Trump. After all the disappointment that Biden has provided, not only for his age and decline, I think the Democrat base deserves something to hold and say, okay, we'll support this one. Someone who can articulate with clarity, point out all the things that need to be pointed out about Trump, Republicans, and their bullshit, and propose better policies to look forward to. He has been loyal to Biden all along, so if his party decided him to run, I assume Biden would endorse him too, and put behind him all the support he got in 2020.

It may be Kamala, but she can't articulate as well as Newsom in real-time, which would be much preferable. Seems like the kind of politician who can rehearse some lines, and then put them out in a rally, but not much further than that. She is more likable than Hillary Clinton at least, who was the worst. She has a competent professional look, I guess, but she mostly needs to continue denouncing Trump, selling what the previous administration has done, and show she can go further than that.

Whoever gets in the race, needs the endorsement of Biden, Obama, and Sanders from their party at least, and more support from the left-leaning media and also the online ones from the libs like Bryan Tyler Cohen, or Pakman, to even more to the left like TMR, TYT, Hasanabi, etc... They will buy almost anything that is not Biden, and I agree with them on that.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If I catch you saying something like this again, I am banning you.

I've had enough of your nonsense.

What's wrong with that statement? 

Trump surviving was literally a miracle/God's intervention and i don't mean this in some stage blue way, i mean it metaphysically, it was literally a perfect example of God's intervention and these things do happen, just because God isn't some bearded man in the sky doesn't mean it can't intervene and basically script certain moments to be almost impossible.

Now you may say that God saving Trump isn't God electing Trump but it very likely could be, much more likely than if he wasn't saved or if the attempt didn't even happen, and if Trump does win that means that God wanted Trump to win, God is the greatest of planners, you never know what God may cook up next or for which team he may be playing on.

#God2024

#God2024 who let that kid kill one trump supporter rather than stopping him from the attempt. 

The God cope about "its destined that Trump will win" is big. Trump might win, but you don't need to use this bullshit God narrative to make Trump more special than he is.

Posted (edited)

Have you considered that Satan saved Trump to do his bidding?

Makes more sense than the alternative.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

LOL are you serious with this types of posts? Do you believe in satan etc?

20 minutes ago, zurew said:

#God2024 who let that kid kill one trump supporter rather than stopping him from the attempt. 

The God cope about "its destined that Trump will win" is big. Trump might win, but you don't need to use this bullshit God narrative to make Trump more special than he is.

Is this a spiritual forum or what?

I'm not saying that this makes Trump more special at all, all i'm saying is God moves all the chess figures on the board and this is something i would expect this forum to know by now.

God also made the shooter shoot and made a person die, yes God is behind this too, i don't think this is something outrages to say on this forum.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Makes more sense than the alternative.

You can word it that way but ultimately it's all God's doing, God controls satan too, so God pulled off a miracle using satan which is ultimately God pulling off a miracle.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, bambi said:

LOL are you serious with this types of posts? Do you believe in satan etc?

Satan = negative polarity basically, things that lower the vibration, it can be creatures, entities, moments, acts, events, doings, words, whatever.

Edited by strika

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, strika said:

Is this a spiritual forum or what?

Yes, but not everyone agrees here with hard determinism and the concept of God is wildly differerent for each people.

13 minutes ago, strika said:

I'm not saying that this makes Trump more special at all, all i'm saying is God moves all the chess figures on the board and this is something i would expect this forum to know by now.

God also made the shooter shoot and made a person die, yes God is behind this too, i don't think this is something outrages to say on this forum.

If you imply hard determinism then the kid not being able to kill Trump is not special at all, it had to happen this way and it couldn't have happened in any other way. 

If you don't imply hard determinism, then in that case that would actually make Trump special, because your claim then would essentially mean that God intervened in order to save Trump's life. But this kind of  God would be different compared to what most people here would mean by God, , because in this context God would mean some kind of an outside entity who has the ability  and the desire to stop certain things from taking place.

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, zurew said:

Yes, but not everyone agrees here with hard determinism and the concept of God is wildly differerent for each people.

If you imply hard determinism then the kid not being able to kill Trump is not special at all, it had to happen this way and it couldn't have happened in any other way. 

If you don't imply hard determinism, then in that case that would actually make Trump special, because your claim then would essentially mean that God intervened in order to save Trump's life. But this kind of  God would be different compared to what most people here would mean by God, , because in this context God would mean some kind of an outside entity who has the ability  and the desire to stop certain things from taking place.

Well it's both, hard determinism while at the same time not, special while at the same time not special, not a bug but a feature as Leo would say.

Edited by strika

God didn't intervene, Trump was lucky, and this happens too. Trump is not chosen by god, he is an evil son of a bitch, probably a pedophile according to the evidence like his good friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, the visits to his island, and the case that a girl filed against him, which dropped for the sake of her life.