Someone here

Needs vs desires: getting rid of them is liberation

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I want to make a bridge between the distinction between "needs" and  "desires" and how they relate to "liberation" (liberation is NOT awakening btw ):

First of all..desires are never satisfied.  LITTERALY so.  They keep growing and flaming by indulgence . The more you jerk off the more you want to jerk off more (sorry about the profane example).

desires only die out by letting go of them.  it's important to realize that there is no distinction between desires and "baisc need " Like food and water. they are actually even worse.  Because one can live his whole life without petty desires like sex and money and fame ..but he can't survive without food and water.   can you see? ..we are more enslaved by our so called "basic needs". Why we have to feel hungry every  6 hours or so?..isn't that a burden?..  The fact is. .we don't need anything . 

Every cause ..will bring an effect. .if you stopped breathing...you will die...just that. .you don't NEED to breathe.  you need to breathe if you need to live. but what if you don't need to live?  Because you can never die..now to realize that is what I mean by "liberation ".

Share your thoughts please. Thanks 

Edited by Someone here

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

I think 'you' need a couple ice cold beers and some hot chicks to talk to and flirt with..... That's also liberation!

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Posted (edited)

One thing to realize this conceptually and another to live by it. You still want to live so will keep being “enslaved” by your needs. The body will eventually die maybe no death in absolute sense but maybe that’s just an idea and it’s not really seen because you still identified with the body 

Edited by Sugarcoat

9 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I think 'you' need a couple ice cold beers and some hot chicks to talk to and flirt with..... That's also liberation!

❤️ 

😂 lol.

Well..everything is literally liberation..everything is absolute perfection and it will never be anything else. 

But does that mean that from the perspective of a human everything is equal ? Hell no .

Yes you can spend your whole life going to the pub and fucking bitches and sniffing Cocaine etc but that's only gonna create negative karma and when you die you will be pulled back into a new body via reincarnation.  And there is never gonna be an end to suffering for you.  You will probably say it doesn't matter either ..but in fact it does matter to you as a human . If you are in god-mode 24/7 high on nothingness then you can speak of everything being already liberation 👍. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

6 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

One thing to realize this conceptually and another to live by it. You still want to live so will keep being “enslaved” by your needs. The body will eventually die maybe no death in absolute sense but maybe that’s just an idea and it’s not really seen

I obviously can't live like that. Nor am i seeing myself living up to that idea in the near or far future.  But you can say its my "dream ". I want to be liberated ..that means not caring if I live or die . Its gonna take some work no doubt about it.

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

I obviously can't live like that. Nor am i seeing myself living up to that idea in the near or far future.  But you can say its my "dream ". I want to be liberated ..that means not caring if I live or die . Its gonna take some work no doubt about it.

Maybe it’s possible to “reach” such a thing. That would be like total non dual awakening permanent no self I guess

3 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Maybe it’s possible to “reach” such a thing. That would be like total non dual awakening permanent no self I guess

I'm done with that . Its gonna require something more than no self awakenings. 

I'm already aware that there is "nobody home ".

I am pure awareness of the present moment.. I am not a person.. My name is not me.. I am not a male or femal lol.. I have no personality.. I am not good or bad.. I am not sane or insane.. I have no characteristics.. I am not the doer of deeds or sayer of sayings.. I am the pure awareness of all these things.   Inside of me.. There is an infinite regress of infinite regresses.. All my actions are 100 % unpredictable.. Everything about me is false.. I am nothing objective.. I am a mystery.   Yet it doesn't seem to cut it when it comes to stuff like transcending the fear of death or the fear of suffering. 

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm done with that . Its gonna require something more than no self awakenings. 

I'm already aware that there is "nobody home ".

I am pure awareness of the present moment.. I am not a person.. My name is not me.. I am not a male or femal lol.. I have no personality.. I am not good or bad.. I am not sane or insane.. I have no characteristics.. I am not the doer of deeds or sayer of sayings.. I am the pure awareness of all these things.   Inside of me.. There is an infinite regress of infinite regresses.. All my actions are 100 % unpredictable.. Everything about me is false.. I am nothing objective.. I am a mystery.   Yet it doesn't seem to cut it when it comes to stuff like transcending the fear of death or the fear of suffering. 

I don’t know what would be more radical than no self non dual awakening

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

you will be pulled back into a new body via reincarnation.  And there is never gonna be an end to suffering for you. 

This is a very painful belief to carry.

3 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I don’t know what would be more radical than no self non dual awakening

Of course there is . Not that I have experienced them myself. But people who take psychedelics more than 100 times like Leo basically describe a state of consciousness which is equivalent of what is known in philosophy as "ontological nihilism "... that’s the thing..  that There are no objects at all.. nor any world. There is... however.. an appearance of objects and a world..which is not at all what it seems to be. It appears solid and real but it's substance is identical to a dream . I'm not gonna continue on this point because honestly I'm personally conscious of that and people accused me of talking not from experience and mentally masturbating. 

2 minutes ago, Brittany said:

This is a very painful belief to carry.

It's not a belief. 

Just now, Someone here said:

Of course there is . Not that I have experienced them myself. But people who take psychedelics more than 100 times like Leo basically describe a state of consciousness which is equivalent of what is known in philosophy as "ontological nihilism "... that’s the thing..  that There are no objects at all.. nor any world. There is... however.. an appearance of objects and a world..which is not at all what it seems to be. It appears solid and real but it's substance is identical to a dream . I'm not gonna continue on this point because honestly I'm personally conscious of that and people accused me of talking not from experience and mentally masturbating. 

Isn’t that the same as non dual no self tho? Because some non dual speakers like jim Newman for example speak how there are no objects, nothing is happening, no reality that everything is just apparent 

Desires do not go away if you let them go. 

Let's take your profane example - if you stop releasing your sexual energy, it will get stuck, and will create pressure. You will need to release it one way or another. If you cut of jerking off, you will go to strippers, chase girls, etc.

When you become really advanced in meditation, then that pressure gets released through meditation, but beforehand, you can't truly let go of desires, as you will simply repress them and they will explode in an unhealthy way sooner or later - like with priests. 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

5 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Isn’t that the same as non dual no self tho? Because some non dual speakers like jim Newman for example speak how there are no objects, nothing is happening, no reality that everything is just apparent 

I like Jim and Tony Parsons and I agree with most of what they are saying ..on top of that I have verified in my own experience that no self awakenings are legitimate.  But these people are not aware of what existence is . They say words like "boundless energy " but these people don't know what they are talking about beyond the no self stuff because they are not infinitely conscious(just like myself ).

Here's another idea to consider - desires are false idols, placed in front of your eyes, to distract you from the Truth.

Sex is literally a replacement for God, people even say - oh my God, oh my God, when doing it.

When you don't have God, you will chase false idols until the day you die, as a replacement, a shadow of the love you lost. 

If you want to come back home to God, you will have to let go of ALL false idols, not one can remain. 

It seems like a sacrifice to those who are unaware, but when you understand what is life, then you know that you are truly exchanging nothing in place of everything - you exchange this world and its desires in place of Heaven, which is 1000000x better than any peak experience in this world.

So, let go of this world and awaken. 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

4 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

When you become really advanced in meditation, then that pressure gets released through meditation, but beforehand, you can't truly let go of desires, as you will simply repress them and they will explode in an unhealthy way sooner or later - like with priests. 

To give even more profane example..So if one is a pedophile and not yet "advanced in meditation "...how in your opinion should he manage his desire? 

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I like Jim and Tony Parsons and I agree with most of what they are saying ..on top of that I have verified in my own experience that no self awakenings are legitimate.  But these people are not aware of what existence is . They say words like "boundless energy " but these people don't know what they are talking about beyond the no self stuff because they are not infinitely conscious(just like myself ).

Ok I don’t know either honestly 

What's the issue with desires ?

We're here to play.

The devil is in the details.

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

To give even more profane example..So if one is a pedophile and not yet "advanced in meditation "...how in your opinion should he manage his desire? 

what the fuck is this question

@CoolDreamThanks does it not make grammatical sense or logical sense or what ?