Husseinisdoingfine

Why does Call of Duty attract the worst people?

14 posts in this topic

Why is it that the Call of Duty fanbase are some of the most vile people you have ever encountered?

The fanbase seems littered with underaged children, and the Xbox live chat is so toxic, I always make sure to mute the microphones of the other plays so that I don't have to hear their streams of curse words. One guy cussed me out because I asked him to stop blaring his music on the microphone. 

The series is as well getting worse and worse in quality. The stories of the campaign mode don't make sense and aren't as shocking or dramatic as they used to be. World at War's campaign had amazing characters and had a gritty dark feeling, as well as an attention to historical accuracy with the inclusion of real black and white footage. But the recent WW2 and Vanguard campaign was so generic and boring, historically inaccurate, and had cringe characters

The multiplayer is getting worse and worse. The maps and setting make it so that no left-brained tactical strategy is required, whereas in the older maps, strategic planning to navigate the maps was a must. 

The game is also being polluted with micro-transactions and loot boxes. 

I made this thread to complain about the fanbase, and that's the reason I'm pointing out all of this stuff about the; maps, gameplay, bad stories, etc... Because it seems that no matter how bad the series gets, CoD fanboys will always buy, pre-order, and play the next installment. Call of Duty has no financial incentives to stop making terrible games, because the newer fanboys, who don't know what made the series great, will always buy whatever slop Treyarch, Sledgehammer and Activation publish.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

The worst community is SC1 BW by far. 100% evidence of the hawkins scale and morphic fields.

"Jesus in His love and mercy for me let me know who He really was. He is God who is born to be the Man, Jesus. Jesus was specifically born so that He could die because God is eternal and He cannot die, He had no beginning and He has no end. We have been separated from a relationship with God because of our sin."

This person here is misguided, but at least not a repressed sadistic killer trying to let out his frustrations by attempting murder through psychological torture the way that is characteristic specifically of the decrepit and completely incurable of those who believe in non-duality and Christianity. But don't be fooled, man is sinless by default. You are thrown into this reality without being told anything, that much can never be taken away by any ideologue.

When I say that the series attracts the worst people, this is what I mean:

Of course. Because it is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator to maximize sales and profits.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 7/18/2024 at 7:09 PM, Leo Gura said:

Of course. Because it is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator to maximize sales and profits.

Yeah, but this doesn't explain why the series has diminished in quality severely. The older Call of Duty's used to be so good, the attention to historical accuracy, the cinematic effects, the music, amazing stories, incredible characters.

But now the stories are lame, and the games are littered with loot boxes and micro transactions. Why? What happened?

Battlefield 1 was probably the best multiplayer first person shooter I have ever played in my life, and CoD World at War was probably the best campaign mode story I have ever played. 

There's also the problem with annual releases. Why? Why does Activision publish Call of Duty on an annual basis?

Someone who is educated in how business and stock markets work please explain this to. Like, does Call of Duty publish a new game every year to please people who want returns on their investment?

Annual releases are bad because quite often the games are released buggy and sloppy. Call of Duty campaigns have really lazy writing (as in their plot and story), the games are buggy, and everything is re-used from previous games (maps, characters, gameplay, etc...). Instead of taking their time over the course of. 5+ years to write a high quality story for the campaign modes, come up with new maps, they rush these games out and they're all identical to each other. 

Posted (edited)

On 7/20/2024 at 6:43 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Yeah, but this doesn't explain why the series has diminished in quality severely.

Because the whole series is desgined to milk immature boys for money. And each year they milk you more and more, until there is no creativity left.

That's what franchises are. Stop letting yourself get milked by gaint corporations.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Jump in the mud with them. You are supposed to be having fun. It attracts dumb people because its dumb fun.

Edited by Hojo

People only care about the competitive side so nobody cares about the other cateogiories

13 hours ago, Growly said:

People only care about the competitive side so nobody cares about the other cateogiories

That's not true, Call of Duty World at War and the original Black Ops had amazing stories/campaign modes. 

But even the multiplayer is diminishing. CoD WW2 has terrible small three lane maps. And CoD Vanguard has no strategy involved with the multiplayer shooting. People don't take their time to strategically maneuver and plan their way around the map, as much as they just spring right out of the gate and reflexively fire at the first thing they see. 

And of course, the loot boxes and skins which completely destroy the WW2 immersion.

Posted (edited)

I have never paid for any game because I couldn't, and even if I could, I wouldn't. I have played MW3 2011, Ghosts, AW, and BO3.

For me the best FPS games were Battlefield 4 (2014) and Battlefield 1 (2016).

I have played them just for the story.

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Nemra said:

For me the best FPS games were Battlefield 4 (2014) and Battlefield 1 (2016).

Battlefield 1 is definitely hands down the best multiplayer shooter ever created. That, and Team Fortress 2. 

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

Posted (edited)

Activision have completely abandoned the classic series of COD 1, 2 And World At War that made the series so special. They created Zombies, endless remakes of the same Modern Warfare. The multiplayer remains the same since MW2. 

The same happened to Medal of Honour, Allied Assault was brilliant and beautiful, everything after was shit and the series died. 

Creative Assembly are slowly killing of Total War series refusing to listen to their fan base and instead of creating a new beautiful epic campaign with a new engine to get all of their old millennial fanbase back (most of whome, like me, are still waiting patiently) they are milking Warhammer shit series and it is going downhill. Pharaoh was a disaster. I want something as groundbreaking as Rome 2 or Medieval 2 in its time. One such game would rocket launch the company on the horizon. They have the money and the skills. 

Ubisoft has killd Assasin's Creed long time ago, Valhalla was the worst of all series in my opinion. 

I like what Rockstar have done with RDR2 but I feel that was their peak and the new GTA will be crap, hope I'm wrong. 

I hope that whatever comes from Bethesda as their new Elder Scrolls 6 will be what each of its predecessaors was, if they fuck it up, like they have been since Skyrim and Fallout 4, they might lose their core audience to people who don't mind playing Older Scrolls online or replaying the old series endlessly which means no new revenue from core audience. 

Not sure where I stand with Diablo 4 but I wonder if there is a reason the hype is nowhere near it was with 3. Maybe Blizzard have also been reprioritizing. 

All of these games still have their old audience waiting in the shadow , desiring them to do better. All they've been doing tho is regurgitating the same game with same engine, slightly better graphics as Nvidia keeps upgrading their tech but other than that there is no soul, no story and low replay ability.

On the other hand I am excited about From Software, they have been showing consistency, slow but noticeable progress and each of their game is better than the one before. They basically took an incredible concept of Dark Souls and took it to another level without offending anyone, without destroying the old game while including tens of millions new players with Elden Ring. I would like to see them move a little bit away from their current graphics and incorporate something more advanced in the near couple years but what they've got going is definitely worth keeping. 

Larian Studies is also one I have lot of hope for. I hope they have some sort of Divinity 3 coming up and that it will match the glory of Divinity 2. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Posted (edited)

Loved Black Ops 1 and 2. Zombies mode was appealing to me.

Hopefully BO6 does things reasonably well; zombies looks promising.

Edited by UnbornTao