eliasvelez

Going to an Enlightement Intensive

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey. Im registered for going to an enligtement intensive retreat. Im pretty scared, mainly because I imagine that every experience I had, every shameful thing I did , every fantacy, every neurotic tought and just everything else I dont want to be exposed haha and im not shure if Im ready for this. What is your experience with enlightenment intensives? And how do you deal with that fear? Is it justified?

Edited by eliasvelez

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, eliasvelez said:

I dont want to be exposed haha

:D

Just go. It will be good for you. Otherwise you'll carry that fear and everything that's behind that fear on your shoulders all your life. 

A part of you wants to expand and be free, that's why you registered there. Give importance to that voice that is pulling you in that direction and ignore the voice of fear that is blocking your authentic desires to be made manifest. 

Love over fear is always wisdom. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need. 

2 hours ago, eliasvelez said:

Im pretty scared, mainly because I imagine that every experience I had, every shameful thing I did , every fantacy, every neurotic tought and just everything else I dont want to be exposed haha

The irony is that you are going to that retreat to be free from those kind of thoughts LOL.

2 hours ago, eliasvelez said:

Hey. Im registered for going to an enligtement intensive retreat. Im pretty scared, mainly because I imagine that every experience I had, every shameful thing I did , every fantacy, every neurotic tought and just everything else I dont want to be exposed haha and im not shure if Im ready for this. What is your experience with enlightenment intensives? And how do you deal with that fear? Is it justified?

My experience is that my future experience is never the experience that I think I will experience when I think about my future experience in the current experience

Posted (edited)

Do you plan on going there more times consistently?  You are a seeker . You should aim to be a disciple and ultimately a devotee. For that you need to find a spiritual guru .

Edited by Someone here

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Is it supposed to be useful for enlightenment to tell a group of strangers that you masturbate looking at pictures of sheep while you smell a jar full of your own excrements?

realize you have never made a mistake, you have no flaws or foibles, and everything you have done thought and said has been required

until such time you will see a forsaken world and have no hope of awakening to reality

How long is this intensive? How hard do you think it’ll feel?

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Enlightenment is about being alone, not in group 

a 1-person universe precludes enlightenment ... which comes about in realizing the interconnectedness and oneness of all ... only through tender supportive loving relationships with others do we heal the mind and return to our shared divine state

aloneness is purification and preparation

9 hours ago, eliasvelez said:

Who will conduct the enlightenment intensive?

Posted (edited)

Kick ass get enlightened and tell us the secret. ;)

You misunderstand its purpose, it isn't like you think, so be open.

Edited by UnbornTao

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

a 1-person universe precludes enlightenment ... which comes about in realizing the interconnectedness and oneness of all ... only through tender supportive loving relationships with others do we heal the mind and return to our shared divine state

aloneness is purification and preparation

The others always want something, same than me. 

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The others always want something, same than me. 

i am what i see, as all this here is me

i see fear and i defend myself accordingly or i see love and receive that gratefully

22 hours ago, Salvijus said:

:D

Just go. It will be good for you. Otherwise you'll carry that fear and everything that's behind that fear on your shoulders all your life. 

A part of you wants to expand and be free, that's why you registered there. Give importance to that voice that is pulling you in that direction and ignore the voice of fear that is blocking your authentic desires to be made manifest. 

Love over fear is always wisdom. 

Thanks for this answer!

15 hours ago, Yimpa said:

How long is this intensive? How hard do you think it’ll feel?

6 days, with 3 days of dyads. I heard some peiple say it is the worst and the best thing they ever did. So it will probably be pretty hard

11 hours ago, Oppositionless said:

Curious, is it a Peter Ralston intensive?

No

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Kick ass get enlightened and tell us the secret. ;)

You misunderstand it's purpose, it isn't like you think, so be open.

I honestly dont care that much if I have an enlightement experience or not. I was at the Nomind festival and there we had a workshop about enlightenment intensive  and someone told me that a retreat is like 5 years of going to a psychologist and considering the method, it makes a lot of sense to me. Im more interested in that aspect. But yeah, it will probably be different than I imagine

Edited by eliasvelez

3 hours ago, eliasvelez said:

I honestly dont care that much if I have an enlightement experience or not. I was at the Nomind festival and there we had a workshop about enlightenment intensive  and someone told me that a retreat is like 5 years of going to a psychologist and considering the method, it makes a lot of sense to me. Im more interested in that aspect. But yeah, it will probably be different than I imagine

Hey, that's pretty much its purpose, hence the name. It's not a healing intensive, although some of that might occur.