16 posts in this topic

What do y’all think about this list?

IMG_0328.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Interesting, I suspected that CBD oil was making me a little stupid

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

Next thing you'll know, Adderall enriched baby formulas are the new hit among genZ parents 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Theperciever said:

What do y’all think about this list?

IMG_0328.jpeg

What a meaningless graph. "Moderate Increase", lol. 
Look at those confidence intervals. Even at first glance, without checking it's source - I can guarantee you it's complete garbage. 

Let me check....

Yep, I was right:  This is a lightly photoshopped version of the "Memory Chart" from a study that used self-reported data from the r/nootropics subreddit. https://darktka.github.io/ - and that survey wasnt event about IQ.

Thank god someone edited "Source: Israel institute of medical Science" into it - so it comes across as more believeable to clueless readers on social media. 9_9 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, undeather said:

What a meaningless graph. "Moderate Increase", lol. 
Look at those confidence intervals. Even at first glance, without checking it's source - I can guarantee you it's complete garbage.

Actually, They are very moderate in their description of the effects of each substance. I read a lot of Reddit posts about nootropics and I would say this graph is pretty accurate. Also, Wide intervals reflect the biological differences between humans in their response to a certain substance.

25 minutes ago, undeather said:

. "Moderate Increase", lol. 

This is most likely based on anecdotal data provided by users on the web, So one shouldn't expect more objective terms.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

Posted (edited)

They say phenylpiracetam is the holy grail of nootropics. Some say Noopept is great after a couple of weeks of use.

Magnesium is great for waking up refreshed after sleep. Lion's Mane has such a nasty effect on motivation that I had to stop taking it after 2 weeks. Ashwagandha is a good relaxant and mood enhancer but it makes you numb and lazy. Mucana Purines produces a rapid and short (2-3h) energy boost. Bupropion is Great for energy and motivation and definitely should have been included here.

The best nootropic is still mindfulness. Being mindful makes the mind super sharp and relaxed at the same time.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

6 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Actually, They are very moderate in their description of the effects of each substance. I read a lot of Reddit posts about nootropics and I would say this graph is pretty accurate. Also, Wide intervals reflect the biological differences between humans in their response to a certain substance.

This is most likely based on anecdotal data provided by users on the web, So one shouldn't expect more objective terms.

Nothing about that graph is either accurate, scientific or in any sense useful! 
Those confidence intervals also do net reflect biological differences - it's an common artefact of survey studies.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 minutes ago, undeather said:

Those confidence intervals also do net reflect biological differences - it's an common artefact of survey studies.

Based on what? The sample is not provided to make this assumption.

You don't need to treat this in a scientific manner, it just gives a general idea about the effect of different substances on people.

13 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Based on what? The sample is not provided to make this assumption.

You don't need to treat this in a scientific manner, it just gives a general idea about the effect of different substances on people.

Based on a decade of understanding interpreting data 
I on my phone right now - so forgive me for not going to detail - but trust me it's nonsense! 

I might reply later with a more detailed analysis

- Rainer Maria Rilke

14 minutes ago, undeather said:

Based on a decade of understanding interpreting data 
I on my phone right now - so forgive me for not going to detail - but trust me it's nonsense! 

I might reply later with a more detailed analysis

I am not taking it seriously 😆

I am sure some dude on Reddit just made this graph based people's reports.

On 16/07/2024 at 7:59 PM, Schizophonia said:

Interesting, I suspected that CBD oil was making me a little stupid

I haven't noticed any good or bad effects from CBD oil, it literally does nothing to me. 

1 minute ago, MarkKol said:

I haven't noticed any good or bad effects from CBD oil, it literally does nothing to me. 

A bit of THC with that CBD goes a long way.

4 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

A bit of THC with that CBD goes a long way.

Which one did you get

1 minute ago, MarkKol said:

Which one did you get

I take medicinal cannabis not the OTC stuff.

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I take medicinal cannabis not the OTC stuff.

Be honest, you just wanna get high :D

I think that you won't notice a difference with a lot of these nootropics, like Magenisum here, I'd be surprised If someone could actually tell the difference with or without it. 

Phenibut is noticeable at high doses, 2.2 grams and up, and highly beneficial for sleep, If I could take it every night I would, just for sleep. Aniracetam and Alpha GPC are a nice socialization boost, and St. john's wort is a nice mild relaxant, 300mg phenylpiracetam is ok I'm on it right now, feels like a pre-workout.