Yali

Elon Musk goes full MAGA

339 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Spiritual Warfare said:

Unfortunately, every billionaire is an asshole.

Not necessarily. Some are much worse than others.

Helping elect Trump is a serious crime against humanity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Not necessarily. Some are much worse than others.

Helping elect Trump is a serious crime against humanity.

Too bad, Leo. He's going to win, the cult is very, very strong😂😓

The end of separation is the end of desire. It’s life, it’s death, it’s unity; it is the absolute. In this profound realization, we find perfection eternal, a state of everlasting harmony.

23 minutes ago, sholomar said:

He's clearly on the spectrum.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He's clearly just an asshole.

Yeah, that's what @sholomar just said, your point? ;)

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Posted (edited)

Elon, like Trump is actually just full of shit.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

19 minutes ago, Spiritual Warfare said:

Too bad, Leo. He's going to win, the cult is very, very strong😂😓

I do doubt this.

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

He is a genius at tech stuff.

Just not politics.

Genius doesn't translate across all fields. Genius tends to be very narrow.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura No.

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

I do doubt this.

I really hope you are right, but for now, I can't see any other way. Keep in mind that many people today don’t even want a female president because they have been brainwashed into thinking that a woman cannot be a leader, which is ridiculous.

The end of separation is the end of desire. It’s life, it’s death, it’s unity; it is the absolute. In this profound realization, we find perfection eternal, a state of everlasting harmony.

@Spiritual Warfare Maybe... But, you can't really focus on a single voting point when thinking about who will win or lose. In reality, that is a consideration for many voters but... There is something bigger and more complex happening.

◭"89"

Interesting read on Musk. The author lays out solid logic suggesting Musk's Trump-alignment largely stems from a need for praise/validation. I figured he was more evolved than that, which made me lean towards Machiavellianism, but maybe most of it can be chalked up to him desperately wanting attention. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/elon-musk-donald-trump-rally-b2626745.html

Edited by Joshe

1 hour ago, Joshe said:

largely stems from a need for praise/validation.

No, it's for his need for power.

The reason rich and powerful people side with the conservative party is because conservatives are all about defending the status quo, which means Musk gets even more power.

Leftists criticize Musk because he has too much power and abuses his power. Obviously Musk doesn't agree and doesn't like having his power challenges or questioned. Leftism is nothing if it doesn't challenge power. Musk is one of the most powerful men on the planet. And he is addicted to getting more power.

It's not about the money, it's about the power. That's megalomania. Trump suffers from the same disease.

All these Tech Bros are megalomaniacs who think their ideas and will should rule the world, fuck everyone else's ideas. They are inherently anti-democratic and they don't even realize it because they are so self-absorbed that they believe their own Tech Bro bullshit. They are living out a power fantasy and we are raining on their parade with democracy.

Edited by Leo Gura

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, it's for his need for power.

The reason rich and powerful people side with the conservative party is because conservatives are all about defending the status quo, which means Musk gets even more power.

Leftists criticize Musk because he has too much power and abuses his power. Obviously Musk doesn't agree and doesn't like having his power challenges or questioned. Leftism is nothing if it doesn't challenge power. Musk is one of the most powerful men on the planet. And he is addicted to getting more power.

It's not about the money, it's about the power. That's megalomania. Trump suffers from the same disease.

I can’t wait until the day the employees in his company finally decide that enough is enough with robber barons like him and cause an untold militant labor strike against him.

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

an untold militant labor strike against him.

That's exactly why he's sided with Trump. To block that.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's exactly why he's sided with Trump. To block that.

Even if Trump suppressed labor strikes, I really don’t think it would work in the end. 

This isn’t the Reagan era or the era of conservative politics like during the 80 to the early 2000s. Most people these days hate big corporations as much as they hate fascism or communism. 

Labor union sentiment and pro worker power sentiment are at the highest they’ve been since the 60 to 70s. Plus, economic inequality is at about a 40 to 50 decade high.

The excessive suppression of labor strikes, especially during these times, will only backfire by causing widespread civil unrest like what happened during The Haymarket Massacre in the Gilded Ages or like what happened during the early 1930s.

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill There's not going to be labor strikes.

Tesla is the only major US car manufacturer that is not unionized. Musk will support whichever politicians help keep it that way.

The reason Musk turned against Biden was because Biden supports unions. And unions mean a loss of power for Musk. This isn't complicated.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Tesla is the only major US car manufacturer that is not unionized. Musk will support whichever politicians help keep it that way.

The reason Musk turned against Biden was because Biden supports unions. And unions mean a loss of power for Musk.

I wonder what Elon will do if Trump loses. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The reason Musk turned against Biden was because Biden supports unions. And unions mean a loss of power for Musk. This isn't complicated.

So, what?

The laborers will eventually find a way to coalesce together and revolt against a corporate oligarch like him when push comes to shove. Also, most people hate rich people like him these days. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets frequent death threats in the future. History may not repeat but it does rhyme.

Musk is getting very desperate because he knows that he won’t be able to hold on to all of the economic power he has for long.

Edited by Hardkill

4 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

The laborers will eventually find a way to coalesce together and revolt against a corporate oligarch

This assumes they aren't satisfied. So far they seem pretty satisfied. Of course that can always change.