Yali

Elon Musk goes full MAGA

277 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is a very poor analysis from Musk haters.

The reality is that when you are a visionary creative and you pursue many ambitious projects, you will not deliver on all your goals and deadlines.

What Musk has been able to deliver on is extraordinary. And if you don't understand that, you are not serious.

CyberTruck is outselling Ford F150 electric.

Teslabot is just still in the prototyoe stages.

Neurolink is just in the prototype stages.

You need to really check your biases here.

I mean obviously I am biased, but I see other visionaries which are acctually sages but nobody want to touch them. And I am talking about people like Osho who did contribute to society and tried to build something visionary and despite all the controversy.

The most visionary sage/person acctually I have seen is Nithyananda. He fled India and created a new country UN approved. Yes, he had a course for 20 k for people, but, he managed to create a COUNTRY which you can apply and live in. Ofc I am not talking 30 years of work as  content distilled in his YouTube. He has far more haters than Musk. I do not see the same level of visionary than Musk.

Edited by Applegarden8
20 k not 50 k acctually

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Raze said:

Yeah but you also don’t announce things until its already in development and has a path to success. Elon seems prone to just announcing something off the top of his head and then demanding his engineers figure it out. You don’t see Bezos doing that. He surely brainstorms, but not publicly.

So many of his issues would be gone if he just had a small team double check everything he says or posts publicly.

Yeah, but this craziness produced serious results. You can nitpick it, but the simple fact is that normal straight-lace people do not produce such results.

To call FSD, Teslabot, Neuralink, or other things just "public brainstorms" is absurdly poor analysis. This are legit technologies years in development.

Does Musk overpromise and hype stuff? Of course. But he also delivers a lot. He is not like that Theranos lady who was literally running a scam.

And yeah, sometimes the only difference between a scam and not a scam is simply that you deliver on your hype.

When Steve Job demoed the first iPhone he had engineers display a fake wi-fi signal reception icon on the phone because the iPhone's wi-fi worked so badly that it could not connect even with multiple antennas in the studio. The iPhone's wireless capabilities were all fake before launch.

Musk does that kind of fakery.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But he also delivers a lot.

You mean the brilliant engineers that work under him deliver a lot? @Leo Gura

I feel like the front-face of a company gets all the credit. It's really the thousands of engineers that work under him that deserve most of the credit. 

Edited by Yali

18 minutes ago, Yali said:

You mean the brilliant engineers that work under him deliver a lot? @Leo Gura

I feel like the front-face of a company gets all the credit. It's really the thousands of engineers that work under him that deserve most of the credit. 

It's both.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When Steve Job demoed the first iPhone he had engineers display a fake wi-fi signal reception icon on the phone because the iPhone's wi-fi worked so badly that it could not connect even with multiple antennas in the studio. The iPhone's wireless capabilities were all fake before launch.

Musk does that kind of fakery.

Yeah but when the iPhone went live to customers, all the features worked great.

Elon Musk will destroy the woke mind virus.

On 7/26/2024 at 4:34 AM, Leo Gura said:

What is 4 Hour Work Week? A toxic Orange marketing campaign to sell as many books to fools as possible.

Have you read the 4 Hour work week ? -- I have read it and it feels to me like a genuine book with good ideas to use and implement . May be because I am a bit financially poor and in third world country , so maybe I am biased in how I look at the book , since it's all about maximizing productivity and working with less time and using technology and outsourcing . Parkinson's law and parreto law and multiple questions to force action and becoming effective .

Either way , if this is toxic orange book , what do you think the best ways to be financially independent and be healthy and conscious . I feel lost at this .

On 7/25/2024 at 11:34 PM, Leo Gura said:

All of that is peak and often toxic Orange.

The self-help industry itself is corrupt with peak Orange. The self-help industry's #1 value is squeezing self-help noobs for maximum profits at any cost. Guys like Tony Robbins and Tim Ferris pioneered that.

What is 4 Hour Work Week? A toxic Orange marketing campaign to sell as many books to fools as possible.

Michael Jordan was a toxic Orange NBA player/businessman. Selling overpriced crap to gullible sports fans with no shame.

It's all about profits, baby!

What are examples of healthy orange education then?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

Have you read the 4 Hour work week ? -- I have read it and it feels to me like a genuine book with good ideas to use and implement . May be because I am a bit financially poor and in third world country , so maybe I am biased in how I look at the book , since it's all about maximizing productivity and working with less time and using technology and outsourcing . Parkinson's law and parreto law and multiple questions to force action and becoming effective .

Either way , if this is toxic orange book , what do you think the best ways to be financially independent and be healthy and conscious . I feel lost at this .

I have read parts of it.

It's not that the content is toxic per se, but that it tries to sell you the pipedream of becoming successful by working as little as possible.

This would be like if I released a book called: How To Lose Fat By Eating Junk Food.

What's toxic is the marketing of it.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura I see what you mean . The thing is that I have seen a lot of case studies of people who managed to use his principles to scale down their work to the fundamentals and of course using technology but this meant that they have worked before for longer hours to sustain their business before learning how to reduce the workload and design a lifestyle with it where they can live more free and automate their business while they are absent for som vocation . 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

@Leo Gura I see what you mean . The thing is that I have seen a lot of case studies of people who managed to use his principles to scale down their work to the fundamentals and of course using technology but this meant that they have worked before for longer hours to sustain their business before learning how to reduce the workload and design a lifestyle with it where they can live more free and automate their business while they are absent for som vocation . 

You can approximate it — I’m basically on a 15-hour workweek — but it takes years and a lot of knowledge and skill. 

The idea that the average person with no business experience or specialized knowledge can do this right away is silly. What I did — and what Ferriss actually did too — is:

1. Come in with a fair amount of knowledge developed through working for others, in a field chosen because it’s fairly easy to do as a self-employee person

2. Experiment with a lot of things while working quite hard for several years, and failing a lot

3. Finally found a good niche, kept working very hard to to afford to build infrastructure, and then gradually hired and outsourced to reduce the owner’s time investment over 2-3 years 

You can’t just read his book and do it lol. Although a lot of what he says is true — many clients / customers are not profitable so it’s key to avoid them, you can hire very good people in developing countries, usually 1 offer will make a disproportionate amount of your profit, etc. 

Edited by nerdspeak

This belongs right up there with kids who identify as cats using the litter box in schools.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This belongs right up there with kids who identify as cats using the litter box in schools.

😂😂😂
#savethecats

AMepLqY.png

1FIYxFK.png

Should have left that other thread open.

Edited by Joshe

@Joshe, I had to do a Google search to understand what he meant. 😂

5 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Joshe, I had to do a Google search to understand what he meant. 😂

Yeah, I didn't even know about it until last night. I saw someone posted on the forum and it looked like right wing outrage bullshit at first but I had no idea how ridiculous it was until today.

It went viral on the right.
wMkGsjn.png

I wonder to what extent Elon played in making it go viral. He was potentially the biggest catalyst. 

Edited by Joshe

4 minutes ago, Joshe said:

catalyst

😁

@Nemra

What's worse is it appears he got the idea from Charlie Kirk.

7EtLDiL.png