Yali

Elon Musk goes full MAGA

231 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura because personal development circles glorify the principles of relentlessness, and similar values pointing to such "heroes". So in trying to model those behaviors I didn't equate those values and principles to all the negative consequences that leads to it. 

I am also aware of Amazon's culture, but its easy to mentally segregate the bad things to glorify these traits that make you successful. It's a weird personal development thing. 

Most personal dev advice on social media is Orange. The whole grind-set hustle culture. And of course it culminates in stuff like peeing bottles, crushing unions, or squeezing your customers with dynamic pricing.

American corporate culture is toxic Orange. Which is why our society is so economically dysfunctional.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura yeah but its not just the low consciousness success advice, even the best success advice teaches the same principles of relentlessness, and such. Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins, Jack Canfield, top podcasts with CEOs showing up, top books, the greats like Michael Jordan .. thats what makes you take a step back in your personal dev journey

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins, Jack Canfield, top podcasts with CEOs showing up, top books, the greats like Michael Jordan

All of that is peak and often toxic Orange.

The self-help industry itself is corrupt with peak Orange. The self-help industry's #1 value is squeezing self-help noobs for maximum profits at any cost. Guys like Tony Robbins and Tim Ferris pioneered that.

What is 4 Hour Work Week? A toxic Orange marketing campaign to sell as many books to fools as possible.

Michael Jordan was a toxic Orange NBA player/businessman. Selling overpriced crap to gullible sports fans with no shame.

It's all about profits, baby!

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura damn i have idolized them all for so long listening to them almost every day .. I mean they all have a lot of good teachings though, but if that is peak orange then you are saying there is better success advice out there? 

I never thought of them all like that. Quite frankly, doesnt make me feel so good to hear that lol .. but of course one can take the good teachings and leave out the bad

Like Tim Ferriss, he puts out so much wisdom these days with his podcast, all these nuanced self help techniques. 

Systems thinking books may help, so would other books like LOA, but isnt the books you call orange the gold standard for success? 

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura damn i have idolized them all for so long listening to them almost every day .. I mean they all have a lot of good teachings though, but if that is peak orange then you are saying there is better success advice out there? 

I never thought of them all like that. Quite frankly, doesnt make me feel so good to hear that lol .. but of course one can take the good teachings and leave out the bad

Like Tim Ferriss, he puts out so much wisdom these days with his podcast, all these nuanced self help techniques. 

Systems thinking books may help, so would other books like LOA, but isnt the books you call orange the gold standard for success? 

There is a large healthy and necessary aspect to Orange. So keep that in mind. I exaggerate the toxic aspects of it in this thread given the context.

There's much more to personal development than success. So preoccupation with success is part of the Orange bias. It is useful up to a point, but then becomes counter-productive.

Notice that Actualized.org is not preoccupied with success because we have higher values than that. Although I still teach about success in various fields like pickup or business. If I prioritized success like those Orange guys do, Actualized.org teachings would be a lot less profound. And I would have extracted way more money from you.

Maybe I should start to squeeze you guys for money, just to teach you a lesson! You have gotten too comfortable!

$$$$ :D

Nothin' like a good ol' scam to teach you the nature of Orange.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura oh okay .. all this is very tricky to navigate at times. Orange is a very consuming mindset for me and I guess america at large, and yet at the same time I need it the most at this point in my life, and yet the all consuming nature of it is making me realize how distorted this lens is, damn .. I have listened to much stuff beyond orange, including most actualized teachings but when you're in orange the pull of orange is very strong

@Leo Gura loll that wont help us .. I have gotten scammed multiple times, a 5k course by some marketing lunatic, even owen scammed me with a subpar course once, the list goes on .. when you struggle in life from a lack of success then something much stronger is needed, dunno what that is, maybe a very strong pain point .. I have been holding back on the life purpose course because I keep trying these quick side hustles, the cycle keeps continuing, its exhausting

Time to decompress from all the chaos

1 hour ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura loll that wont help us .. I have gotten scammed multiple times, a 5k course by some marketing lunatic, even owen scammed me with a subpar course once, the list goes on .. when you struggle in life from a lack of success then something much stronger is needed, dunno what that is, maybe a very strong pain point .. I have been holding back on the life purpose course because I keep trying these quick side hustles, the cycle keeps continuing, its exhausting

Mushrooms.

But Leo, why not post your paid content as a donation and allow people to pay what they feel they can afford? Are you worried that monetization wouldn't net you enough to make it worthwhile? Your patrons would ultimately leave you high and dry? 

11 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Mushrooms.

I would but Im still recovering from bad trips lol

3 minutes ago, Quader said:

But Leo, why not post your paid content as a donation and allow people to pay what they feel they can afford? Are you worried that monetization wouldn't net you enough to make it worthwhile? Your patrons would ultimately leave you high and dry? 

@Quader He would earn 1/100th of what he earns now .. he would barely earn a proper monthly salary, and he worked hard at building a product, theres no reason to make it donation only; Its not about his worry, his patrons will leave him high and dry, most people will not pay if they dont have to, thats how humans are

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Quader said:

Because then I would be broke.

A business charges money because that's what they need to do to survive long enough to create more products.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 hours ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura oh okay .. all this is very tricky to navigate at times. Orange is a very consuming mindset for me and I guess america at large, and yet at the same time I need it the most at this point in my life, and yet the all consuming nature of it is making me realize how distorted this lens is, damn .. I have listened to much stuff beyond orange, including most actualized teachings but when you're in orange the pull of orange is very strong

Keep in mind the goal is not to force transcendence of Orange. If Orange is where you are at, that’s where you are at. That’s what is realistic for many people.

We want to take what is best from Orange and leave the rest if possible. We are building on top of each stage.

For instance, you should be able to set an ambitious long-term goal and diligently work towards it everyday. This will also require healthy Blue discipline.

If you cannot do this, what chance do you have of achieving loftier social justice goals like at Green and above? You cannot even run the basics of your own life, let alone solve the collective problems of society.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How did you think Musk creates results? Results require a cutthroat attitude.

Just a recent example - when the Oracle deal for the Memphis Datacenter broke down, he instead decided to build it himself. In 19 days, he now has the most powerful computing cluster in the world, sitting at around 2.5 exaflops. 

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-26 a la(s) 2.00.44 p.m..png

Posted (edited)

On 7/25/2024 at 10:21 AM, Leo Gura said:

To be fair, it's more than that.

Tesla faked their FSD demo.

Musk also told engineers to fake the range in Tesla cars to increase the range displayed in the car by 10-20% because otherwise it wouldn't look competitive.

So there is some conartistry afoot.

Elon faked and masked a lot of stuff. Ranging from hyperloop which has completely failed to space x unrealistic promises and environmental disputes. Also tesla bot was a complete sham and cybertruck underdelivered and the ev truck was not even introduced at all. Let alone nuclear explosion proof glass and autonomous drive for EV. There were problems with neuralink clinical trials with animals also, but I see that they are continuing with humans. He still makes a lot of promises for space x which are just delusional, I am sorry.

Edited by Applegarden8

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

Elon faked and masked a lot of stuff. Ranging from hyperloop which has completely failed to space x unrealistic promises and environmental disputes. Also tesla bot was a complete sham and cybertruck underdelivered and the ev truck was not even introduced at all. Let alone nuclear explosion proof glass and autonomous drive for EV. There were problems with neuralink clinical trials with animals also, but I see that they are continuing with humans. He still makes a lot of promises for space x which are just delusional, I am sorry.

It is a very poor analysis from Musk haters.

The reality is that when you are a visionary creative and you pursue many ambitious projects, you will not deliver on all your goals and deadlines.

What Musk has been able to deliver on is extraordinary. And if you don't understand that, you are not serious.

CyberTruck is outselling Ford F150 electric.

Teslabot is just still in the prototyoe stages.

Neurolink is just in the prototype stages.

You need to really check your biases here.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is a very poor analysis from Musk haters.

The reality is that when you are a visionary creative and you pursue many ambitious projects, you will not deliver on all your goals and deadlines.

What Musk has been able to deliver on is extraordinary. And if you don't understand that, you are not serious.

CyberTruck is outselling Ford F150 electric.

Teslabot is just still in the prototyoe stages.

Neurolink is just in the prototype stages.

You need to really check your biases here.

Yeah but you also don’t announce things until its already in development and has a path to success. Elon seems prone to just announcing something off the top of his head and then demanding his engineers figure it out. You don’t see Bezos doing that. He surely brainstorms, but not publicly.

So many of his issues would be gone if he just had a small team double check everything he says or posts publicly.

Edited by Raze

A lot of silicon valley culture has to fo with promising unrealistic stuff and then working hard to deliver it.  

If you make it, you are a genius, and a con, if you don't.

Posted (edited)

I think future generations, if humans are still around, will look at the power and influence of Silicon Valley as insanity.

In a lot of ways they are the worst possible choice of people to give never before seen amounts cultural influence. The developers are largely autistic spectrum men / introverted nerds who are detached from how neurostandard people operate, their companies then filled with middle management from a toxic woke liberals secular culture giving them even more space to spread their ideology, and a environment that encourages reckless expanding and monetization above long term careful considerations and development.

Edited by Raze