Yali

Elon Musk goes full MAGA

231 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Musk and his freedom of speech 

It seems, there are protected users (all rightwingers) who have special priviledge in using racial slurs

Some of the users are: Andrew Tate, Elon Musk, Endwokeness, Clownworld, bunch of users with  "Trump" in their name  , Libs of tiktok etc.

https://x.com/brndxix/status/1816231803973521728

Just as a sidenote: I haven't seen any articles written on this and it is from twitter so it is possible that it is fake or a misunderstanding , but on its face right now, this looks really bad.

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I think they’re true.  Elon is a con man and he promises things that never come to fruition (ie: vaporware) using government funds.

He’s a wannabe Steve Jobs.  Steve Jobs was an actual visionary and genius.  Elon is a fragmented cheap emulation.

It’s a shame that so many of you have totally bought into Elon’s PR and marketing.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.  🤷‍♂️ 

This is definitely a bait but i'll bite.

To say he's a con man is just simply and objectively untrue. I've heard this so many times, it's yet again another leftist talking point that gets parroted over and over again. Explain to me specifically what con he has engaged in.

He's well known for making overly optimistic predictions about his businesses and products. Everyone knows this. But there's no 'con'. A 'con' is an intentional lie or deception. Elon's misjudgements are just optimistic inaccuracies and over-excitement at times.

The Roadster V2 is the only product that had a massive launch and hype around it but has yet to be built. Every single other Tesla product is being mass produced. I can't actually think of any other product Elon has said will be built but hasn't.

Do I need to write a list of every thing his companies have achieved? All of the impossible engineering, American space flight, reusable rockets, the best electric vehicles on the market that forced the entire auto market to transition into making electric cars. You think the legacy auto makers would be making electric cars if Tesla hadn't fucked up the market and proved it possible? 

Self-driving has certainly taken them much longer than Elon's initial intentions. But again, this was just a genuine misjudgement on behalf of Elon. How can you blame them for not being able to build the first ever autonomously driving vehicle on time? Just utterly absurd.

You're blinded by bias. You can't see that what Elon has achieved is impossible. Do you understand what he has built?! He's the ultimate visionary. 

It just so happens that his visions have now become a little clouded and a bit twisted. His vision to 'eradicate the woke mind virus' is just another mind virus!!. The whole point of building X was because his son became a girl! He spent $44billion because he can't accept his son being a daughter.

And Musk is deeply self-serving. But he has to be. Do you understand? Tesla, Space X, all of the other businesses, they simply cannot exist with deep selfish behaviour. He had to force his vision into existence no matter what. His personal life is a shamble. 4, 5 baby mothers? Most of them hate him. Even Grimes filing a lawsuit a believe. This is what people don't understand. They don't understand that Musk has to be the way he is. And he isn't going to let all that selfishness just go to waste. Hence why he supports Trump.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Space said:

But there's no 'con'. A 'con' is an intentional lie or deception. Elon's misjudgements are just optimistic inaccuracies and over-excitement at times.

To be fair, it's more than that.

Tesla faked their FSD demo.

Musk also told engineers to fake the range in Tesla cars to increase the range displayed in the car by 10-20% because otherwise it wouldn't look competitive.

So there is some conartistry afoot.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To be fair, it's more than that.

Tesla faked their FSD demo.

Musk also told engineers to fake the range in Tesla cars to increase the range displayed in the car by 10-20% because otherwise it wouldn't look competitive.

So there is some conartistry afoot.

Thats fair. I'm not aware of the fake FSD demo. 

I must also admit they also did some deceptive trickery with a recent acceleration speed test. Telsa showed a video of a Tesla vehicle accelerating faster and beating another very high-end sports car to the finish line. Turns out the finish line was only 60% of the standard drag race length, and actually the high end sports car beat the Tesla in the full-length race. I can't remember the correct terms or details. Videos online talking about it though.

The deep problem of marketing, eh?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

19 minutes ago, Space said:

The deep problem of marketing, eh?

The deep problem of bullshittery.

Elon has definitely done some questionable 'marketing'. His famous predictions that never happen are part of it.

But if you look in general at Silicon Valley, it seems to breed that type of over-zealous vision crafting. Sam Altman, who in my opinion is straight-up a sociopath, is currently doing some of the most bonkers predictions, all to rile up investors.

Amongst their ilk, Musk is probably the one who deserves the most credit, but that still comes with a disclaimer about his political opinions and employer style. I have a friend who worked at SpaceX and he told me that with Musk at the helm, you can kiss goodbye your personal life. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Space said:

I must also admit they also did some deceptive trickery with a recent acceleration speed test. Telsa showed a video of a Tesla vehicle accelerating faster and beating another very high-end sports car to the finish line. Turns out the finish line was only 60% of the standard drag race length, and actually the high end sports car beat the Tesla in the full-length race. I can't remember the correct terms or details. Videos online talking about it though.

He’s heading straight for the border waaaaalllll!!!

Edited by Yimpa

On 7/17/2024 at 11:07 PM, integral said:

@Leo Gura please tell me you're making a video on this, I was 100% blindsided by elon's affiliation with the right. It's completely counterintuitive. The insights that you've stated in the past couple of days about these topics have been very insightful.

The Trump and Elon Dynamic is a huge concept.

Elon bought Twitter then unbanned Trump and now promotes Trump... No Elon supporting liberal saw this coming 

Psychology of Jordan Peterson...

Psychology of trump...

Psychology of Elon...

Yep I was too completely blindsided Elon. reading Leo share about how selfish he is actually rings so true haha

Let's not understimate also the fact that he ended up hating the Woke culture after his son's transition, as stated in the interview with JP, he blames the cultural brainwashing of the "Woke"

Please love of God I’m begging you watch this video:

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

Oh yesss… Brian Tyler Cohen spices up political discourse :$

Edited by Yimpa

5 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Please love of God I’m begging you watch this video:

very interesting. As to summup "The more Biden and others try to control, the more messes we get."

Am I getting this right .. Elon musk has been constantly pushing hard for the regulation of AI, meeting the UK prime minister, putting that letter forward for people to sign .. and Biden admin was actually taking steps to regulate AI compared to trump admin, and still doesn't vote for Biden despite him saying AI is the greatest existential threat to humanity? and also the fact that he's going all out to build it, partly fueled by revenge for OpenAI? 

Posted (edited)

Musk's greatest existential threat is his workers unionizing.

Remember, politics is all about who gets power.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Musk's greatest existential threat is his workers unionizing.

Remember, politics is all about who gets power.

I used to really look up to him as a role model but now its mixed feelings because of this greed. 

My uncle has been telling me for a long time how corrupt musk is but I didnt buy it. He works at Tesla and apparantly its absolute hell to work there. Not just musk but the culture is absolutely toxic, even with the workers there. Everyone cusses each other out and is greedy and stuff. 

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

its absolute hell to work there. Not just musk but the culture is absolutely toxic, even with the workers there. Everyone cusses each other out and is greedy and stuff. 

How did you think Musk creates results?

Results require a cutthroat attitude.

Many major corporations have cutthroat toxic Orange cultures and attitudes. You know that Amazon forces its employees to pee in bottles by not giving them long enough rest breaks. That's what peak Orange is like.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura because personal development circles glorify the principles of relentlessness, and similar values pointing to such "heroes". So in trying to model those behaviors I didn't equate those values and principles to all the negative consequences that leads to it. 

I am also aware of Amazon's culture, but its easy to mentally segregate the bad things to glorify these traits that make you successful. It's a weird personal development thing.