Yali

Elon Musk goes full MAGA

290 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Leftist do understand the power of vision, they just opt for it to be actualized through governemntal projects and institutions, like NASA or the Internet, and not private enterprises like SpaceX or Microsoft. If not always possible, then to at least move the balance in this direction.

I mean the serious ones, or at least serious enough to write something and not just ramble on YouTube.

On 7/16/2024 at 1:55 AM, Leo Gura said:

The real reason Musk hates Biden is because Biden is pro union and Musk is so power-hungry that he doesn't want to share any power with his own employees.

I just think he is a leader - dont think he cares about his name and about his iddentity at all - but never talked to the guy btw so it is just merely and idea

On 7/16/2024 at 8:13 PM, Leo Gura said:

Be careful. Many of those comments are fake bots funded by foreign governments and political propaganda groups to manipulate US elections.

Do not just blindly trust comments on social media. Many of them can be fakes, designed to manipulate you.

trust people`s judgment <3

On 7/17/2024 at 1:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

That's certainly possible.

I expect him to put his finger on the scale in whatever way he can because that's Musk's whole life philosophy.

People were crying about the old Twitter for censorship but the reality is that Twitter is now run to serve one dude's ego. That's corruption in a nutshell. To actually defend free speech Musk would have to lay down his massive ego and allow an equal chance for others to speak, which he will never do.

Which is why individuals should not be allowed to own entire media platforms. It's a complete bastardization of democractic values.

What do you suggest to him to do in order to people have this freedom of speach?

Imagine if one of Musk's AI cars killed my son. And then I made it my political mission to destroy Musk's company. And imagine I had $100 billion dollars and zero regulations on my actions. This would be corrupt and antithetical to democracy. The most I should have in this case is 1 vote. Because a million other people might want Musk's cars to still be legal. And I should not be allowed to take that away from them just because I lost my son and hold a grudge. -

AI are as much we as our own bodies...

why cant we when this happen work with the AI to make them better for the long run?

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course! And you do too.

If your child wanted to dress like a clown or a whore every day you would be upset. Because you have ideals for your children to meet. Because their survival is at stake.

So don't judge Musk too harshly.

I mean if we know that Musk is as much we as the individual we are ... we wouldnt judge him at all

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you think that Musk is some kind of evil, unloving, uncaring mustache twirling Monopoly-man, you should really rethink your understanding of him. Musk genuinely cares about and loves humanity. It just gets expressed through the particular filter of his ego.

Don't forget, Musk has done a lot of good for humanity. Probably more than all of us here combined. It is easy to get distracted by his personality flaws.

You should see the good in Musk, flawed though he is.

Yin Yang - we have both the evil side as the good side - Elon is not a devil but at the same time he is. He is no angel - but at the same time he is... so that is just relative anyway <3

16 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Leo Gura Leftist do understand the power of vision, they just opt for it to be actualized through governemntal projects and institutions, like NASA or the Internet, and not private enterprises like SpaceX or Microsoft. If not always possible, then to at least move the balance in this direction.

I mean the serious ones, or at least serious enough to write something and not just ramble on YouTube.

I mean vision in managing a 100,000+ employee company.

No leftist has any clue how to run such a company.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That is the leftist view of Musk and it is deeply wrong.

Musk provided enormous visionary leadership, direction, and capital to fuel important technological developments in rocketry, electric vehicles, lithium batteries, solar energy, and satellite internet.

Musk is not just a leeching capitalist, he poured his blood and tears into actualizing these important technologies.

Leftists do not give him credit because their agenda is to demonize billionaires. But Musk is not some Wall Street wolf. He worked his ass off and assumed enormous risk to build these companies and technologies.

The problem with leftists is that they have no idea what it takes to create a company like Tesla, SpaceX, or Neuralink. All they do is criticize. Meanwhile Musk delivers the goods and creates jobs for 100,000+ people. If one cannot appreciate that, then one's leftism is bullshit.

Founding a successful company is a lot more than just being a greedy wealth-extracting investor. Without Musk these companies and technologies would not exist, and thousands of people would be out of jobs.

Leadership matters. Vision matters. Directorship matters. Capital investment matters. These are things leftists and Marxists do not comprehend.

Musk's genius is not his marketing or invention, it's in his bold leadership and relentless drive. Very few humans are able to lead in that way. That leadership is literally responsible for trillions of dollars of value. If you were placed in Musk's shoes, you couldn't do it. No leftist could do it.

That's admirable.

But if he is bad at something, then he is bad. There is no way around that, especially when he has influence over a lot of people. Musk wouldn't hesitate firing me if I were in a high position doing a bad job in one of his companies.

Edited by Nemra

Because he needs government funding and/or has something to hide.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Nemra said:

But if he is bad at something, then he is bad.

Musk's politics is bad. His running of tech companies is mostly good in that he is able to deliver strong results and create technology that humanity needs.

Edited by Leo Gura

Leftism doesn't need to undo the capitalist structure as a whole. 

Capitalism can run just as Musk runs his company. But the disproportionate rewards he gets from his company has to be redistributed for common good.

Closer to the chinese model. China is already better in making cheap high quality EVs than all companies in US including Tesla. This is only possible by an ambitious state intervention. Not just ambitious individuals.

These people are genetic freaks. They will keep working their ass off anyway. They are not running behind money. They can get rewarded a little less and things would just be fine.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

China is already better in making cheap high quality EVs than all companies in US including Tesla. This is only possible by an ambitious state intervention.

That is mostly due to the huge disparity in wage and living costs between US and China.

Of course Chinese products are cheaper, their workers are like slaves, earning 10% of what US workers make.

And they are also copying Tesla and Musk's vision. Someone had to innovate that. It doesn't happen automagically as Marxists believe. Musk led the way. Now you wanna throw him under the bus and pretend like he wasn't necessary.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is mostly due to the huge disparity in wage and living costs between US and China.

That's too simplistic. CCP went enormous lengths to own the entire supply chain of EVs. Every single screw of production is owned by China. US couldn't even dream of it since individuals are supposed to compete for everything like in crony capitalism. Eventually loses to China in the long term. There is a lot more to it in how they balance competition.

And also little money can afford you a good life in China. This is also because of state intervention. 

Take the cost of housing for example. While upper class liberals manipulate the "free markets" to inflate the prices. China is building a surplus of housing unites for their people thay houses are empty. In US you would lose your salary to some upper class white woman who is renting you her house. 

So high cost of living is a result of crony Capitalism. China doesn't have that problem.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And they are also copying Tesla and Musk's vision. Someone had to innovate that

Tesla was not Musks brain child. He just came in between and took control of the company. 

It was Martin Eberhard's vision & innovation. It's Musk who threw him under the bus by playing corporate politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Eberhard

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course Chinese products are cheaper, their workers are like slaves, earning 10% of what US workers make.

If you are working at Tesla in California, you would lose 50% to taxes and and another 20% in rent, food & basic amenities. 

So the difference is not that much as you think. And inflation is only getting worse in US so be prepared to deal with it.

Else Musk would simply move his production to China like you do in a free and fair open market. 

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

And also little money can afford you a good life in China. This is also because of state intervention. 

This is because in a 3rd world country everything is cheaper.

Little money can afford you a palace in Afghanistan. This is the entire point of outsourcing.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Else Musk would simply move his production to China

Telsa has a giant factory in China.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Tesla was not Musks brain child. He just came in between and took control of the company. 

It was Martin Eberhard's vision & innovation. It's Musk who threw him under the bus by playing corporate politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Eberhard

Leftist dogma blinds you from understanding Elon Musk and the value he generates.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Leftist dogma blinds you from understand Elon Musk and the value he generates.

WTF Leo. 

I just gave you a fact. It was not Musk's vision. It was not his company. It's just a fact I pulled from wikipedia.

That doesn't take away what he did with it. He managed the company brilliantly. But it was not his idea. It was someone else's idea which he executed brilliantly.

You cannot make factual errors and blame for me being dogmatic while I point it out.

I even included his wikipedia page ffs.