Yali

Elon Musk goes full MAGA

231 posts in this topic

isnt george soros basiclly doing that. thats why they hate him on twitter?

1 minute ago, Amin03 said:

isnt george soros basiclly doing that. thats why they hate him on twitter?

Yes, George Soros is a corrupting influence on politics. The left is not free of corruption.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

They aim to go much further than rambling. JD Vance wants to break up Google because it is "too woke".

Imagine if Biden tried to break up X because it is too Nazi.

Google hides all the batshit crazy conspiracy theories, didn't you know that?

I can't even watch Alex Jones on Youtube anymore. What has this world come to?

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

Adults should be allowed to transition, and kids should be allowed to transition with a parent's approval at a reasonable age.

Sure there are people detransitioning. There are also people who are living lives post-transition and are living their truth.

We try not to fall for identity and ideological traps. But people have that right for themselves. We can't elect a president that is willing to tell someone what they can and can't do with their own body.

yeah i agree with you somewhat. but arnt they trying to make it legal without parents knowing and also musk also agreed to it and regrets it now. its not black and white. very complicated and i dont have the answer.

Also what they can and cant do with their own body. they use this same argument for abortion and go to far left with it. all of europe has abortion until 12-14 weeks and europe is more left leaning i would say. But in america some democrats would argue this is too harsh. I would say at about 14 weeks its not only your "body" anymore.

Edited by Amin03

4 minutes ago, Amin03 said:

yeah i agree with you somewhat. but arnt they trying to make it legal without parents knowing and also musk also agreed to it and regrets it now. its not black and white. very complicated and i dont have the answer.

Also what they can and cant do with their own body. they use this same argument for abortion and go to far left with it. all of europe has abortion until 12-14 weeks and europe is more left leaning i would say. But in america some democrats would argue this is too harsh. I would say at about 14 weeks its not only your "body" anymore.

Who are the "they" you speak of trying to make it legal? I didn't say it was black and white- a nuanced position would consider the mental health and the preference of the person who is actually transitioning, not just how their parent feels about it.

It may not be only their body anymore, but that other body is still inside of them, and no woman should be expected to carry a child to term by force.

I haven't dug deep about George Soros as those who hate him try to justify their views and also conspiracy theories for their favorite people to stay in power.

Just now, Nemra said:

I haven't dug deep about George Soros as those who hate him try to justify their views and also conspiracy theories for their favorite people to stay in power.

i think musk basically sees himself as the countrepart to soros and both of them are vying for power in the political field now. Thats why its bad to have so much outside money in politics.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

Who are the "they" you speak of trying to make it legal? I didn't say it was black and white- a nuanced position would consider the mental health and the preference of the person who is actually transitioning, not just how their parent feels about it.

It may not be only their body anymore, but that other body is still inside of them, and no woman should be expected to carry a child to term by force.

just californian democrats. they passed the law about schools not informing parents if their child has transitioned (havent looked to deeply into it). just saw on twitter musk was outraged by it and said he will leave LA with his companys main headquarters.

Edited by Amin03

4 minutes ago, Amin03 said:

i think musk basically sees himself as the countrepart to soros and both of them are vying for power in the political field now. Thats why its bad to have so much outside money in politics.

Yes.

It's a money arms race to see who can out-corrupt the other faster.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Amin03 said:

just californian democrats. they passed the law about schools not infoming parents if their child has transitioned (havent looked to deeply into it). just saw on twitter musk was outraged by it and said he will leave LA with his companys main headquarters.

The schools aren't required to tell parents that the kids want to use different pronouns than assigned at birth in class. Doesn't seem like a very big deal.

Schools should stay out of things like LGBT issues and personal stuff. This is just typical conservative outrage over nothing.

Musk should just leave. He's already out in Reno and Texas. Seems more aligned with the direction he's going

Edited by Paradoxed

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura How much of Elon's "anti-wokeness" is simply because his daughter is trans, and just so happens to want nothing to do with him?

Edited by Yali

@Leo Gura
Yes, but that is the thing with being human, we are beings of selfishness and limitation. You cannot exist as a human without an ego. 
A democracy where everyone is happy is impossible, there will always be losers. The best you can get is a fair and less corrupt democracy. And even then we likely won't reach that level of democracy in the next hundred years if ever. It is only possible when the majority of the population develops into higher states of development, which will take forever. 

I'm not saying Musk is right, just saying that you can understand his psychology and that it is one that is human. If you are Musk and have lived through the same life, you would likely do the same thing. 

You can make a case for good or evil for almost all possible perspectives. This nature of humanity is not going away any time soon. Corruption is a feature designed to intensify separation and selfishness so that the eventual unification is more impactful. With reality being as complex as it is, you can never really make a choice that is purely good or evil, there will always be tradeoffs, and the human brain is not capable of making sense of the whole, so we often choose things that lead to the wrong outcome.  
From the highest perspective, it's all a part of the game. Those who do evil will reap what they sow because everything comes back full cycle eventually. 
In this reality. Musk will likely use his power to get what he wants, learn the ramifications of that, and develop/grow from these choices. 
Corruption is an illusion that will eventually be brought down with truth. 
Often ignorance can only be dispelled with suffering and pain. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The power comes into play in that he needs power to destroy "the woke mind virus".

Power is not just about pure power for its own sake. Power is also about you thinking you will do great things for mankind.

Hitler wanted power because he convinced himself that he had a good vision for the world. But then he needed power to actualize it.

The point of democracy is that no one individual should be able to unilaterally execute his vision and dominate the rest of us with it, because the rest us might not agree with that vision.

Musk lost his son to trans? Tough. Thousands of parents lose their children to greedy capitalists. Parents are losing daughters to abortion bans. Parents are losing children to toxic pollution thanks to lack of environmental regulation.

In a democracy, Elon Musk should not have the power to actualize his political agenda beyond 1 vote. But Musk fundamentally doesn't understand that principle. Because what he wants is POWER. So yes, this issue is precisely about power, not something else. Don't get distracted with talk of love. We all love what we love. The issue is, who among us is trying to shove their verison of love down everyone else's throats.

The scientific statistics show that many trans kids are happier with medical help. And you have no idea how Musk's son feels about his transition. Maybe he is happy and Musk just doesn't wanna accept it. It is not Musk's opinion about his son that matters here, it is his son's. Musk could also be upset that his son is gay, but that would be Musk's problem, not the world's problem.

The very desire to destroy a thing politically because of a personal negative situation, and actually having the power to execute on that desire, is the whole problem of political corruption!

Imagine if one of Musk's AI cars killed my son. And then I made it my political mission to destroy Musk's company. And imagine I had $100 billion dollars and zero regulations on my actions. This would be corrupt and antithetical to democracy. The most I should have in this case is 1 vote. Because a million other people might want Musk's cars to still be legal. And I should not be allowed to take that away from them just because I lost my son and hold a grudge.

The sad thing is that nobody actually understands what democracy means. Certainly not guys like Musk. Because democracy is seriously hard for the ego to handle. Democracy means you give up personal power for collective good.

Posted (edited)

Also, nobody is pointing out that, in all likelihood, when he says he was "tricked" into signing papers for puberty blockers, it's likely that he had one phone in his ear while signing, trying to get to the next thing in his relatively fast-paced life... I've transitioned. The vast majority of doctors in this process do not force anything down your throat, they help you along in a process with your own consent in a professional, non-flashy way. Maybe there are a few "woke" doctors. But I cannot see them being anything but in the small minority. They get paid to do it by their local hospitals. They do not roll out a carpet for you to transition, they do not throw parties for you every time you engage in this process. (In fact in many parts of the country doctors actively try to resist you in this process, although some of that is healthy and normal since the processes are new.)

In the case of a parent signing something for their child, you should read the paperwork and not blame the "woke-mind virus". The paperwork for some of this stuff can be very long and thorough.

I can understand that transitioning is a new phenomenon. But I don't believe for a second that if he had read his paperwork properly, he wouldn't suffer the way he did.

Musk is a terrible father. He has 10 or more kids as I believe. Shifting blame from his failure as a father to the media to misrepresent the system is just irresponsible.

Edited by Talinn

A little off-topic but here's a pretty well-edited video on Musk.. with a slightly horror-esque / meta commentary .

22 minutes ago, Talinn said:

A little off-topic but here's a pretty well-edited video on Musk.. with a slightly horror-esque / meta commentary .

It’s not easy being green…

On 7/17/2024 at 0:26 PM, Yimpa said:

I also wonder if any of Musk’s children will turn out to be LGBT. Would he still accept them? 

And, jeez! It turns out he has 11 kids with 3 different women. That’s wild!

https://www.today.com/parents/parents/elon-musk-kids-rcna19692

Turns out he actually does have an LGBT offspring.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/21/who-is-xavier-musk-elon-musks-transgender-child-who-wants-to-change-name/

For those wondering about the context:

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Turns out he actually does have an LGBT offspring.

That's the same kid we were already discussing!

Edited by Leo Gura