Yali

Elon Musk goes full MAGA

290 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, integral said:

Taylor swift for president 2028

Miley Cyrus as her VP..  

😀

Orangatang holding an AR-15 for President 2028. Let's go!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 7/16/2024 at 9:44 PM, BlessedLion said:

I think it’s darker than that. I think Musk literally tweaked the algorithm to inflow Trump content 

This lines up with how I experienced Twitter when I revisited the site a little, in the past few days.

I created a new account and saw constant right wing messaging, even after blocking a few right-wing voices and "liking" one or two left-leaning voices. Maybe I just didn't interact with the platform enough to change my feed, but it shouldn't so heavily be favored to right wing accounts when you first make an account.

I had also read a tabloid news article that claimed that users were having trouble in following Kamala Harris' account.

Posted (edited)

It's nuts how the right wing was screaming about old Twitter collusion with the Feds when Musk is now directly colluding with and funding the Trump admininstration on a whim with zero accountability.

The right wing is just shameless and full of shit.

Could you imagine if the old Twitter CEO was funding Joe Biden with $45M/month and telling everyone about "the MAGA mind virus".

Edited by Leo Gura

47 minutes ago, Amin03 said:

Yeah, it makes sense, cuz he lost his son to progressive ideology. 

I think what drives most humans is not power and money, even these super-rich people, are still really just seeking love, even if they are unaware of it. Of course, there are cases of actual psychopaths, but that's very rare.  

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, erik8lrl said:

Yeah, it makes sense, cuz he lost his son to progressive ideology. 

I think what drives most humans is not power and money, even these super-rich people, are still really just seeking love, even if they are unaware of it. Of course, there are cases of actual psychopaths, but that's very rare.  

The power comes into play in that he needs power to destroy "the woke mind virus".

Power is not just about pure power for its own sake. Power is also about you thinking you will do great things for mankind.

Hitler wanted power because he convinced himself that he had a good vision for the world. But then he needed power to actualize it.

The point of democracy is that no one individual should be able to unilaterally execute his vision and dominate the rest of us with it, because the rest us might not agree with that vision.

Musk lost his son to trans? Tough. Thousands of parents lose their children to greedy capitalists. Parents are losing daughters to abortion bans. Parents are losing children to toxic pollution thanks to lack of environmental regulation.

In a democracy, Elon Musk should not have the power to actualize his political agenda beyond 1 vote. But Musk fundamentally doesn't understand that principle. Because what he wants is POWER. So yes, this issue is precisely about power, not something else. Don't get distracted with talk of love. We all love what we love. The issue is, who among us is trying to shove their verison of love down everyone else's throats.

The scientific statistics show that many trans kids are happier with medical help. And you have no idea how Musk's son feels about his transition. Maybe he is happy and Musk just doesn't wanna accept it. It is not Musk's opinion about his son that matters here, it is his son's. Musk could also be upset that his son is gay, but that would be Musk's problem, not the world's problem.

The very desire to destroy a thing politically because of a personal negative situation, and actually having the power to execute on that desire, is the whole problem of political corruption!

Imagine if one of Musk's AI cars killed my son. And then I made it my political mission to destroy Musk's company. And imagine I had $100 billion dollars and zero regulations on my actions. This would be corrupt and antithetical to democracy. The most I should have in this case is 1 vote. Because a million other people might want Musk's cars to still be legal. And I should not be allowed to take that away from them just because I lost my son and hold a grudge.

The sad thing is that nobody actually understands what democracy means. Certainly not guys like Musk. Because democracy is seriously hard for the ego to handle. Democracy means you give up personal power for collective good.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

The framing that Elon Musk "lost his son to progressive ideology" and that his "Son is dead" makes me lol

My sister transitioned after 25 years. Many people insisted that I must feel like I "lost a brother". I always sorta laughed inside. She's literally the same person. People can't help but judge others

Edited by Paradoxed

Posted (edited)

How many sons have been lost to Twitter's neo-Nazi ideologies?

The knife cuts both ways.

The issue is that Musk is so self-absorbed in his own personal problems that he ignores the problems of everyone else around him. He acts as if his problems are the only important ones. Because he doesn't even see the problems of others.

This is why democracy was invented, because oligarchs are bad as seeing the problems of others, so everyone is given 1 vote to voice their pet problems. And then we count up which problems are the biggest.

If Musk wants to vote against trans ideology, great. He's got 1 vote. May he cast it as he wishes.

But of course, that is not what he's interested in. He wants to buy the power of 50 million votes. That is what we call corruption. The fact that he loved his dead son is irrelevant.

Many, many parents have lost their beloved sons to AR-15s. And the corruption of people like Musk means that they will see no justice.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How many sons have been lost to Twitter's neo-Nazi ideologies?

The knife cuts both ways.

Is it all ideology when it comes to LGBTQ stuff?  Cause I never really interpreted it as just falling or being lost to some ideology like a neo-nazi.

I totally get your point. But it feels more like a persons identity at a core level to them mixed with whatever unique sexual orientation.

Edited by Paradoxed

1 minute ago, Paradoxed said:

Is it all ideology when it comes to LGBTQ stuff?  Cause I never really interpreted it as just falling or being lost to some ideology like a neo-nazi.

I totally get your point. But it feels more like a persons identity at a core level to them mixed with whatever unique sexual orientation.

There is definitely an ideological aspect to the woke stage Green worldview and value system.

But ideology is not a crime in this country. Remember, Mr Musk, freedom of speech.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is definitely an ideological aspect to the woke stage Green worldview and value system.

But ideology is not a crime in this country. Remember, Mr Musk, freedom of speech.

Can you be trans or LGBTQ without adopting a value system? Like, could you be trans and transcend stage green?

I haven't gone deep enough with your ego development videos.

Caitlyn Jenner being republican comes to mind. Being republican is a value system that goes directly against trans people.

Edited by Paradoxed

2 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

Can you be trans or LGBTQ without adopting a value system? Like, could you be trans and transcend stage green?

Yes

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

sure it is. and the people who are detransitioning are also going up. society just has to weigh up at what level its healthy for the minority. maybe it has swung to far last couple years. also it wasnt eazy enough for the minority before.

Edited by Amin03

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

Caitlyn Jenner being republican comes to mind. Being republican is a value system that goes directly against trans people.

There is no limit to the kind of bullshit ideology one could construct in their own mind.

Most Republicans do it. These people believe Jesus was a white golden-haired AR-15-carrying capitalist.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Could you imagine if the old Twitter CEO was funding Joe Biden with $45M/month and telling everyone about "the MAGA mind virus".

They would have lost their minds completely and would have rambled again about the deepstate.

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Amin03 said:

sure it is. and the people who are detransitioning are also going up. society just has to weigh up at what level its healthy for the minority. maybe it has swung to far last couple years.

Adults should be allowed to transition, and kids should be allowed to transition with a parent's approval at a reasonable age.

Sure there are people detransitioning. There are also people who are living lives post-transition and are living their truth.

We try not to fall for identity and ideological traps. But people have that right for themselves. We can't elect a president that is willing to tell someone what they can and can't do with their own body.

Edited by Paradoxed

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, zurew said:

They would have lost their minds completely and would have rambled again about the deepstate.

They aim to go much further than rambling. JD Vance wants to break up Google because it is "too woke".

Imagine if Biden tried to break up X because it is too Nazi.

Edited by Leo Gura