Jannes

People with ADHD are genetically more conscious

57 posts in this topic

It's the other way around then you think. They aren't sleeping, non-adhd people are sleeping. People with ADHD are caught up in or distracted from direct awareness (first order truth) and have problems focusing on concepts (second order truth). 

Do you agree?

Posted (edited)

There are many factors that make a person to be diagnozed with ADHD. The way doctors understand it is medieval. 

You can be born a dreamer, or an introvert who gets bored by small talk and shit, or a more ambitious person who does not care about the average shit that happens in the moments an think of what is you next big move, you can be born with a neurodiverse brain that does not fit in the "normal" parameters of the medieval medicine system and culture you are born into. OR, and this is a big one, trauma that pushed you to find a coping mechanism of distracting yourself from your body and feelings, because it would be to painful to become conscious of them.

Edited by Alexop

@Alexop Thats a high quality response to a sloppy post on my side. I would agree it's multifaceted. But we can distinct the different cases and argue whether or not these different adhd cases make it more likely to be more conscious or not. 

- I think "natural" adhd as in being a dreamer could be naturally more conscious. 

- archiever idk. 

- trauma likely less conscious

I was born as this dreamer kind but had many experiences of social rejection which aren't healed yet. So maybe a plus minus deal at the end. 

On 7/15/2024 at 4:56 PM, Jannes said:

@Alexop Thats a high quality response to a sloppy post on my side. I would agree it's multifaceted. But we can distinct the different cases and argue whether or not these different adhd cases make it more likely to be more conscious or not. 

- I think "natural" adhd as in being a dreamer could be naturally more conscious. 

- archiever idk. 

- trauma likely less conscious

I was born as this dreamer kind but had many experiences of social rejection which aren't healed yet. So maybe a plus minus deal at the end. 

Your point can be valid because usually the dreamer, ambitious, introvert kinds are the ones who split from the sheep herd and do something amazing with their lives.

I have read that ADHD is genetically linked to schizophrenia and autism.

I don’t think that this group of people is more conscious than the rest of society. Some of them are, as much as others who don’t have those conditions in their genes.

This group may be more creative than the rest, but creativity can manifest in both high consciousness and low consciousness ways depending on the individual.

We still don’t know enough about it to make clear-cut conclusions.

👽

I started taking ADHD medications again so I can kind of compare the states. On meds you change psychologically a lot. Like you really enter another form experience. The new experience becomes a lot less profound but a lot more manageable. Like you can get shit done finally which really frees your mind up and makes you more conscious in the sense that there is less stuff pulling away from being conscious. But if my ADHD brain could naturally be supported like with trusting emotional support and a life that is designed to be ADHD manageable I think I would be way more conscious with ADHD.

Nah. They just can't focus very long on one thing.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Thats just a symptom. 

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

They can if it’s Interesting and they want to learn 

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

Or if it's something emotional. Everything where your attention would usually rises it hyper rises with ADHD.

And if that's not the case the attention is unregulated and splitted into all directions. 

Edited by Jannes

1 minute ago, Jannes said:

Or if it's something emotional. Everything where your attention would usually rises it hyper rises with ADHD.

And if that's not the case the attention is unregulated and splitted into all directions. 

I agree 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

There is variability within that as well. A friend of mine tends to play bass for 20 minutes, then does something else, then goes back to playing bass for 20 minutes, and repeats that cycle for maybe 3-5 times a day. When I play guitar, I tend to play for 1-2 hours at a time and usually only once a day. When another friend of mine plays piano, he plays for up to 6 hours at a time. Guess which one of us has generally more symptoms of ADHD.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

Generally no, but there are tradeoffs for their unique mode of mind.

Every mode of mind will have tradeoffs.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Could be depends. I would say mine was a symptom of wanting to wake up a lot and be hyper conscious. And to this day I will have trouble moving at speeds most people move at in this world and prefer things to "go faster" if that makes sense.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

There is variability within that as well. A friend of mine tends to play bass for 20 minutes, then does something else, then goes back to playing bass for 20 minutes, and repeats that cycle for maybe 3-5 times a day. When I play guitar, I tend to play for 1-2 hours at a time and usually only once a day. When another friend of mine plays piano, he plays for up to 6 hours at a time. Guess which one of us has generally more symptoms of ADHD.

I would guess the last one

Edited by MarioGabrielJ

Individually, a person with ADHD can have great self-awareness, often from therapy in coping with the condition but it enables them to self-regulate more than a neurotypical person and understand their triggers and patterns and how to control them. This also leads to greater resilience, learning how to calm themselves and regulate their emotions better, and bounce back from difficulties, which in turn can lead to greater success. Couple that with higher energy levels and you have a recipe to achieve great things!

Young people and adults with and without ADHD can experience hyperfocus, but studies suggest that it’s more common in people with ADHD. Moreover, research has found that hyperfocus is a natural gift rather than something that results from ADHD medication.

Scientists think hyperfocus could happen for the same reason that people with ADHD can find it difficult to concentrate: because of a lack of dopamine in the brain. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter (brain chemical) involved with motivation and reward. When we do an activity we find fulfilling or exciting, our brain releases a small amount of dopamine, encouraging us to do the activity again.

Low levels of dopamine can cause young people with ADHD to constantly seek new stimulation (and therefore release of dopamine), leading to inattention and switching between tasks. At other times, however, low dopamine levels may make changing activities more difficult. When individuals with ADHD are interested in the task they are completing, they may lack the motivation to switch to other, less stimulating tasks, leading to experiences of hyperfocus.

It looks like cope.

The devil is in the details.

3 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Det ser ut att klara sig.

People with schizofreni too

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

It looks like cope.

Haha I have ADHD and I would love to be genetically more conscious of course so yeah I am biased. But I try to be aware of my bias to come to truthful conclusions. 

I listened to Daniel Schmachtenberger and how there are less dreamy and peaceful people left in the world cause of evolution and I thought that people with inattentive type of ADHD might be the people who survived that. But making this connection is pretty much a guess. Yes there might be some overlap but that doesnt mean there is causality.

Edited by Jannes

ADHD awareness really isnt as straight forward:

ADHD brains are aware of a lot of reality at once which means they aren't aware of anything deeply because awareness is finite. Unless they are very interested in something then there awareness is only on that thing and nothing else also because of finite awareness. So a mixture of high quantity low quality awareness and high quality low quantity awareness. Like a biconcave object.