Merkabah Star

Shots Fired At Trump on Stage, At Rally..

919 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Scholar

So he's actually not Elon Musk???

Yep.

Who is the killer? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No. Most people have weak will to power, which is why they are nobodies.

This is so bad to not have will to power ? i don't think the people who in power could sleep , in the middle east for example , the people who in power if the usa stop supporting them the people will eat em alive in the streets

Edited by royce

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Most people have weak will to power, which is why they are nobodies.

Deep. 

The will to live is indistinguishable from a will to power. So most people don't have a will to live either because they hate their lives, secretly.

17 hours ago, Epikur said:

USA is a republic not a democracy. Taat is is why many people support Trump. It is their only chance to get democracy.

Great Learning moment for Ana. 😀

15 hours ago, DocWatts said:

The idea that factual truth and malignant disinformation (ie, Trump's Big Lie that he won the 2020 election) deserve equal hearing in the name of 'balance' is destroying American democracy.

Responsible non-partisan journalism requires fact checking. Not just dropping misinformation alongside truths with zero context on which is which.

Epistemologically, I do find it interesting how the far-right have ironically appropriated the most pernicious aspects of postmodern skepticism towards Truth to push their bullshit.

This is how people realize how dangerous how postmodern relativism really is. 

The left has used this crappy ideology to normalize some total nonsense in our culture and they went too far with it. We had no choice but to flow with it because of "both sides are equally valid" argument.

It is fundamentally a subversive ideology primed to topple institutions and erode their foundation in truth from the inside out. 

You should have seen this coming that one day the right will weaponize it too. 

Stage green is so fundamentally different from the lower stages in the sense that is is not constructive in nature. It is deconstructive in nature. There is a whole slew of problems that come with it. 

9 hours ago, Joshe said:

I'm sorry, I was hoping my hypothetical thought experiment would do the trick but I guess not. 

It doesn't have to do with policy or even if he did good because you wouldn't discuss the good policies of the Devil himself, would you? No, you would know the Devil was going to trick you and in the end, it wouldn't be good for you, right? 

But the problem is, when you look at Trump, you don't see it. So why is that I see it, Leo sees it, and many other intelligent people see it, and they yell from the fucking rooftops about it? Is it because they have TDS or because they're "on the left"? No.

We can't catalogue for you every single observation of Trump and point to the evidence of his devilry and we can't swat down every incorrect read you might have. I guess that's the problem. If you can't see it for yourself, we're just stuck wishing you could, but I'm exhausted on this topic TBH. 

Read your last 3 exchanges with me - you are repeating yourself over and over again like a crazy person who has been deeply indoctrinated with propaganda. 

In a nutshell, this is your argument - Trump is a devil, very bad guy and if you can't see it - you are just too stupid. 

Yet when I ask you to specifically point to bad/devilish things that he has done in his 4 years of presidency, you cannot list a single thing?

What I understood, is both sides (MAGA and anti-MAGA) are 2 sides of the same coin  - both who totally lack critical thinking  and are brainwashed.

Question: Lets Imagine that the shot had actually hit Trump Head and blown it. Lets imagine he was gone. 

What that would change anything? Republicans would put another puppet in his place, with not so different characher?

What value do we have in comment what will or would be? It will change something or we are just frying neurons that could be used to build our life, awekenings etc..? 

Trump is not death, but we may be tomorrow. So imagine que last thing we did was commenting about this lame topic, about a bitter idiot man who people will eventualy elect as a leader. 

@Leo Gura @Joshe Destiny is defending the bombing of Hiroshima and Negasaki, while Elon is trying to point to him some common sense right here on their 2 hour debate:

Where is your intelligence now, in seeing Destiny for who he really is? Hilarious how you guys love to put labels on Trump, yet are totally blind to people who are actual psychopaths on your side 

Posted (edited)

Where would a registered Republican ever get the idea that gun violence is the answer to solving political disagreements?

from this post :

https://x.com/JustVent6/status/1812574647407231421

This is th sort of people Trump will have around him, because no intelligent one will be allowed

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Joshe said:

I'm sorry, I was hoping my hypothetical thought experiment would do the trick but I guess not. 

It doesn't have to do with policy or even if he did good because you wouldn't discuss the good policies of the Devil himself, would you? No, you would know the Devil was going to trick you and in the end, it wouldn't be good for you, right? 

But the problem is, when you look at Trump, you don't see it. So why is that I see it, Leo sees it, and many other intelligent people see it, and they yell from the fucking rooftops about it? Is it because they have TDS or because they're "on the left"? No.

We can't catalogue for you every single observation of Trump and point to the evidence of his devilry and we can't swat down every incorrect read you might have. I guess that's the problem. If you can't see it for yourself, we're just stuck wishing you could, but I'm exhausted on this topic TBH. 

A lot of question-begging that could've just as well said "Trump is a Devil because... because... he just IS, OKAY!?"

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Here is the current FBI story:

- Crooks had no social media.

- Crooks had no phone data that revealed a motive.

- Crooks had no friends. - Crooks acted alone.

- Crooks was able to climb on a roof kinda-sorta undetected and lined up the perfect shot on a president.

Makes sense!

https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1812990196763488401

On 7/14/2024 at 2:44 PM, Joshe said:

I wonder if Owen is just a capitalist wolf or is he really this stupid? 

He says something like "Trump could have went and lived out his life in leisure and peace but he'd rather fight for what he believes in".

Is Owen really that blind or is he cultivating an audience? What is going on here? 

He is just wrong on a lot of things. He thinks of his society as automatically better than collective societies even though he never grew up in a collective society. He separated the difference between good collectives and bad collectives but he looks down on both of them unfairly 

@questionreality

1 hour ago, questionreality said:

@Leo Gura @Joshe Destiny is defending the bombing of Hiroshima and Negasaki, while Elon is trying to point to him some common sense right here on their 2 hour debate:

Where is your intelligence now, in seeing Destiny for who he really is? Hilarious how you guys love to put labels on Trump, yet are totally blind to people who are actual psychopaths on your side 

At this point it's not worth challenging @Leo Gura or some mods who like Lex Fridman and even Destiny and try to point out their flaws. Trust me, did that and got in trouble. Maybe he changes his mind with you but I won't hold my breath.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, lostingenosmaze said:

A lot of question-begging that could've just as well said "Trump is a Devil because... because... he just IS, OKAY!?"

@lostingenosmaze In poker, fish have a hard time reading reality accurately. It's not possible to tell a fish how to read reality accurately but it is possible for some fish to have it dawn on them that there is something the winning players can see that they can't, which is GREAT because now the fish can grow.

How would I begin to communicate the totality of the vast body of occurrences that, when looked at as a whole by an intelligent person, reveals that Trump is possibly the strongest force for evil currently on the planet?

Bringing you specific occurrences doesn't work. It goes something like this: first, you try to pick it apart with logic and reason and when that doesn't work, your mind quickly searches for a both-sides or whataboutism argument and when I deflect those by pointing out fallacy or incomplete information, you start the cycle over again, and so it continues. The end result is usually you become more entrenched in your position. 

For you or anyone trying to understand what all the fuss is and why intelligent people harp on Trump, it's because, there is something you are not seeing. I'm not using "intelligent" here as a flex or a way to demean but rather, a hint. Why is it that many highly intelligent people consider Trump as dangerous as they do?

They might see something you can't, which means it's possible for you to discover what that is... if you try.

Edited by Joshe

@Joshe

4 minutes ago, Joshe said:

In poker, fish have a hard time reading reality accurately. It's not possible to tell a fish how to read reality accurately but it is possible for some fish to have it dawn on them that there is something the winning players can see that they can't.

How would I begin to communicate the totality of the vast body of occurrences that, when looked at as a whole by an intelligent person, reveals that Trump is a huge force of evil that large swaths of the population cannot see? 

Bringing you specific occurrences doesn't work. It goes something like this: first, you try to pick it apart with logic and reason and when that doesn't work, your mind quickly searches for a both-sides or whataboutism argument and when I deflect those by pointing out fallacy or incomplete information, you start the cycle over again, and so it continues. The end results is usually you become more entrenched in your position. 

For you or anyone trying to understand what all the fuss is and why intelligent people harp on Trump, it's because, there is something you are not seeing. I'm not using "intelligent" here as a flex or a way to demean but rather, a hint. Why is that that many highly intelligent people consider Trump as dangerous as they do?

They might see something you can't, which means it's possible for you to discover what that is... if you try.

1. the hypothetical makes no sense because there's no fish in any poker game. In fact that's a dehumanizing example. I get the example which is you're point that some people can't recognize danger patterns, but poker and fish is not compatible for that point you're trying to claim.

2.You begin to communicate by reason, logic, with facts and statistic that corroborate your claim, in this case you're saying and others that Trump is evil. OK, so what's your reasoning and justification and what proof do you have of Trump's evil, versus the good Trump did? If his evil outweighs the good, can you show us where and why?

3. All that you described is part of arguing and debating, part of using rhetoric from Pathos, Ethos and Logos. Main reason why we have these is because not everyone will have the same agreement or same perspective like you, we'll have differences in ranges, which may mean we must argue and debate to hash out our differences and come to a better understanding. Logic and reason is part of that too. Also just because you do the fallacy of pointing out fallacies does not mean you're winning a debate, it just means at least you know and signal to others a fallacies have happened, but you have not countered them sufficiently by just pointing them out. For example, you could be the witness that saw the shooter, but just pointing it out to secret service or soldier nearby, was not enough to resolve the incoming danger. It required response-ability from the soldier and secret service, which followed up with neutralizing the gunman. You merely pointing it out is just part of the victory, not the whole victory.

4.Or, demonstrate to us why we should try in the first place to see what may or may not be there? Or try to show us how to have more intelligence like you in order to 'see' the danger you're pointing to, or have you forgotten that intelligence is more fixed like in IQ and that most people just can't get more smarter than they are?