Merkabah Star

Shots Fired At Trump on Stage, At Rally..

920 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No.

Two things can be true at once: 1) Trump is a dangerous authoritarian, 2) Political violence is wrong and should be avoided as much as possible.

The danger of Trump has not been artifically exaggerated by the left. If anything it has been understated in the media. A natural consequence of being a dangerous authoritatian is that people will want to kill you. This is not the fault of the left, it is Trump's karma.

Hitler too had assassination attempts. So did many dictators. That's why we condemn authoritarians and their ways. Trump is the king of radicalizing and polarizing the nation. Authortarians create chaos and hatred with their corrupt ways. When someone like Trump keeps skirting justice via the legal system as he does, this incites people into anger because they see justice isn't being done. When the Supreme Court itself has been so corrupted by Trump that justice is no longer served, people start to take things into their own hands. Which is why an uncorrupted legal system is so important.

Stop fear mongering about trump in your blogs or posts, life is dream. You have a dement person as a U.S president, that says enough about people that are living in your country. It's either him or trump, deal with it. And as far trump, i can see that he is reasonably conscious/aware person.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@zazen

5 minutes ago, zazen said:

Chris hedges:

”My thoughts on the assassination attempt on former President Trump:

The assassination of Trump would not remove the yearning of tens of millions of people, many conditioned by the Christian right, for a cult leader. Most of the leaders of the Christian right have built cult followings of their own. These Christian fascists embraced magical thinking, attacked their enemies as agents of Satan and denounced reality-based science and journalism long before Trump did. Cults are a product of social decay and despair, and our decay and despair are expanding, soon to explode in another financial crisis.

The efforts by the Democratic Party and much of the press, including CNN and The New York Times, to discredit Trump, as if our problems are embodied in him, are futile. The smug, self-righteousness of this crusade against Trump only contributes to the national reality television show that has replaced journalism and politics. This crusade attempts to reduce a social, economic and political crisis to the personality of Trump. It is accompanied by a refusal to confront and name the corporate forces responsible for our failed democracy. This collusion with the forces of corporate oppression, which have impoverished the working class, fostered endless war, militarized our police, created the largest prison system in the world, licensed corporations to exploit the most vulnerable and transferred wealth upwards into the hands of a billionaire class, neuters the press, Trump's critics and the Democratic Party.

Our only hope is to organize the overthrow of the corporate state that vomited up Trump. Our democratic institutions, including the legislative bodies, the courts and the media, are hostage to corporate power. They are no longer democratic. We must, like resistance movements of the past, engage in acts of sustained mass civil disobedience, especially strikes, and non-cooperation. By turning our ire on the corporate state, rather than Trump, we name the true sources of power and abuse. We expose the absurdity of blaming our demise on demonized groups such as undocumented workers, Muslims, African-Americans, Latinos, liberals, feminists, gays and others. We give people an alternative to a bankrupt Democratic Party -- whose presidential candidate is in clear cognitive decline -- that is a full partner in corporate oppression and cannot be rehabilitated. We make possible the restoration of an open society. If we fail to embrace this militancy, which alone has the ability to destroy cult leaders, we will continue the march toward tyranny.”

To address some of Chris's points:

1. The main issue isn't Christianity as a whole, but the alt right fascists/Nazis/ultra nationalists in your country, the religious dogma and capitalism on the excess, basically stage blue/orange tovicity. That's the main issue IMO because if you make it out as only the Christians right, then that's Christian phobia, similar to Islamophobia, like you're just attacking based more on religion and even politics. Therefore the main issue really is the political ideology, and being far right, not the religion for the most part. If Chris changed Christian right to Islam right, he'd be called Islamophobic.

2.  Sure I agree that Neoliberalism is more likely the bigger factor in a list of combinatory factors involved that shapes our worldviews and political climate. I do think though that how we address and tackle Neoliberalism is where we'll have the bigger debate on because some methods of revolution are outdated and may encourage an increase in political violence.

3. I do understand where Chris might be coming from with him claiming we must overthrow corporates and find a way to take power from them. The main issue is that this guy seems like he doesn't realize the duality and cycle of the anti establishment/establishment, and what was anti mainstream is the new mainstream let's say. Like whatever you did or your group did to overthrow some establishment, that'll involve some violent acts and well your new group will become the new establishment, which later will have it's anti establishment groups in the future, see? So even if you get to overthrow corporates, a newer branded corporates will take it's place. Just like what Daniel Schmachtenberger said in his narrative progress video:

4 hours ago, ryandesreu said:

Maybe you're right. I need a mulligan.

You’re all good.

6 hours ago, Something Funny said:

Since Trump is not dead, does this really matter? Everyone who is supporting him now,  would have been voting for him anyway. 

Why would he get any new voters from this?

I would guess that some blue states will go red, this kind of thing engages and enrages people. And add the biden downfall of late, some people will feel lied to by the media and the party for covering up just how bad his cognitive decline was. 

Thanks @Yimpa!

@Danioover9000 - You sound like an absolute grouch. You're bothered that Yimpa shared a link and that I posted things I find striking? Maybe take a break or a nap or pray or whatever it is that you do to calm yourself. Or are you always like this? 

@bambi Maybe you should think for yourself rather than outsourcing your judgment to an AI.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Joshe

2 minutes ago, Joshe said:

Thanks @Yimpa!

@Danioover9000 - You sound like an absolute grouch. You're bothered that Yimpa shared a link and that I posted things I find striking? Maybe take a break or a nap or pray or whatever it is that you do to calm yourself. Or are you always like this? 

How am I an absolute grouch? How am I bother by @Yimpa's link to a blog post we all would have notifications to let us know Leo's posting? It's not like we all didn't know or not check the blog post any other day. And I'm just pointing out some potential bigot and phobic points you may have in that post you did.

But never mind that, since you're so heated and resorted to insults, I'll take my leave, let you figure out how to deal with your own heat.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Joshe said:

Thanks @Yimpa!

Destiny is unhinged. This isn't something new or controversial. He moves like a sociopath. There is something fundamentally wrong with how he can be so unkind, cruel, and devoid of sympathy or feelings towards others. He has laughed about the suicide of his best (?) friend before. Found the whole thing funny. Didn't care to persuade his friend away from it. To him, it was whatever. That guy is not normal in the head.

Edited by gambler

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@bambi Maybe you should think for yourself rather than outsourcing your judgment to an AI.

I find them less bias and better at removing the emotions from this type of situations, dont you agree?

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, bambi said:

I find them less bias and better at removing the emotions from this type of situations, dont you agree?

They are less biased, but if you think you can reduce the things I say to the judgments of an AI you are stepping into a trap. My intelligence will not be circumscribed by an AI, at least not yet. Don't let yours be either.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

They are less biased, but they don't understand me.

I could run your responses through, but Im sure theyd just say you should be stating specifically how and why they dont understand you, simply stating they dont is quite obtuse

Just now, bambi said:

is quite obtuse

Good!

I will not spell it out for an AI to comprehend.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They are less biased, but if you think you can reduce the things I say to the judgments of an AI you are entering a trap.

Oh yes, AI will turn humans into superhumans, just like the internet did!

@Danioover9000 I actually don't have notifications on and am glad Yimpa shared the link, but thanks for the useless negativity. I'll consider your points on my bigotry and Christian phobias, if that's what they are.

Obviously, I am bothered by current affairs but not sure you're assumptions are accurate. I'm in the the deep south where the Trump flags fly and the Christians hate you if you aren't one of them. 

Now that I think of it, I'm not intolerant of Christians. I'm intolerant of their evil. Forgive me for not having my shit together to the point where I can just be all cool like you. 

Posted (edited)

This video documents the Devil's sick game very well:

Edited by Leo Gura

Sharpshooter describes snipe situation in detail. Says it was a major security breach. Any average sniper could have easily gotten him. 

Security is lucky that Trump is still alive after this mishap. I believe the snipers shot was being rushed because of police pursuit.