CARDOZZO

SantataGamana Books

16 posts in this topic

What are your experiences related to his books?

I see him as a black sheep guru same as Ralston & Jed McKenna.

His books are some of my favorites, and I reference them often when I want to review useful meditation pointers.

He also wrote this autobiography under a different name. It's probably my favorite book of all time relating to this subject besides Emptiness Dancing by Adyashanti.

8 hours ago, What Am I said:

His books are some of my favorites, and I reference them often when I want to review useful meditation pointers.

He also wrote this autobiography under a different name. It's probably my favorite book of all time relating to this subject besides Emptiness Dancing by Adyashanti.

thanks for sharing :) 

I'm currently reading Samadhi: The Forgotten Eden.

I will read all his work, apply it, understand it.

Besides the autobiography I mentioned above, my favorite books of his are "The Yoga of Consciousness" and "Kundalini Exposed".

Santata Gamana doesn't offer something new, kriya yoga techniques are all over the place. You can just find other books on it and just practice. He just writes book after book and baits you to buy more. I bought some of them, read them and I grew the need to buy more, which is sad.

Mahadev

4 hours ago, inFlow said:

Santata Gamana doesn't offer something new, kriya yoga techniques are all over the place. You can just find other books on it and just practice. He just writes book after book and baits you to buy more. I bought some of them, read them and I grew the need to buy more, which is sad.

I like that he is direct on the point, focusing more on the technique itself than names, fantasies, spiritual jargon.

3 hours ago, integration journey said:

I really love his style of writing. Straight to the point. 

Yeah, same here :D 

4 hours ago, integration journey said:

I really love his style of writing. Straight to the point. 

I think it's Leo under a pseudonym. Pay attention to the writing.

I would not be surprised if the same guy is Jed McKenna.

He uses different pseudonyms. (Av Neryah, SantataGamana, Avahtara)

"Turiya" was also really good.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, inFlow said:

If we were judging him based on his descriptions of kriya yoga techniques, I'd agree with you that there's really nothing special there, and I mostly ignore those. It's in his poetic pointers towards consciousness, and especially the map of consciousness towards liberation that's presented in his autobiography, where his work really shines. It's both simple and profound, and remarkably accurate from my experience. It's similar qualities to those that attract me to Adyashanti's material.

I think a good book on spirituality is written in a way that's almost similar to a koan. There's a subtle pointing past the conceptual. A kind of unexplainable magic hidden between the words.

Edited by What Am I