Butters

Is World of Warcraft still good?

15 posts in this topic

I used to play WOTLK and after that Cataclysm endgame. Haven't played since. I usually did raids with semi-casual guild but after some time I'd switch to pvp arenas. 

Is it still good or would you recommend a different mmorpg? 

I personally don't like where they went with the game after Legion, but I heard the last expansion was pretty good, so perhaps give it a try.

Otherwise you can try Final Fantasy 14, lovely MMO with good story, dungeons and nice community.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Someone should produce a game called: World of Witchcraft - Middle Ages DLC xD

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

It was never good to begin with.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It was never good to begin with.

I feel so sorry for you. You probably played not at the time when it came out in 2005 but later.

It was hands down one of the best time of my life during this time. I played it for 2 years, around 2000 hours. I don't regret anything. Everything was good in the game.

Epic boss battles, gigantic world, beautiful scenerys, beautiful music, tribe feelings. It gave you so much emotions no other game could give you. 

If you join later it's not as fun because you will play with experienced players already who level up their third character or so. It's way better to play with people on same level as you who also see bosses for their first time.

Edited by OBEler

Posted (edited)

dont touch that sh1t

I've spent close to 20k hours on it

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

If World of Warcraft isn’t good, then how do you explain all the people who are chronically addicted to it.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

Being in to WoW was a beautiful experience at the time of its peak golden era, especially with friends. Some of my fondest gaming memories were formed in that world, so many laughs and great people met through the many hours I spent with it. Nowadays though I couldn't think of anything worse than jumping back on a grindfest MMO with added fluff and spoiling my memory of the special and unique moments it offered back in the day. Runescape still better tho.

Edited by Cubbage
Typo

5 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

If World of Warcraft isn’t good, then how do you explain all the people who are chronically addicted to it.

It's a Skinner Box designed for rats.

8 hours ago, OBEler said:

You probably played not at the time when it came out in 2005 but later.

I played it at launch.

7 hours ago, Cubbage said:

Nowadays though I couldn't think of anything worse than jumping back on a grindfest MMO with added fluff and spoiling my memory of the special and unique moments it offered back in the day.

Haha that's a good point, hadn't thought about that yet 😂

What about those legacy WoW servers? I had a friend play Vanilla WoW just a couple of years ago if I remember correctly. 

I remember Dr.K did an interview with a maniac who played World of Warcraft for 18+ hours a day. 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I played it at launch.

Seriously...all people I know who touched world of Warcraft when it came out felt in love with this game immediately. Like from the first beginning of epic intro until hundreds of hours later. Why not you? What was the reason? This game was incredible.

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

Seriously...all people I know who touched world of Warcraft when it came out felt in love with this game immediately. Like from the first beginning of epic intro until hundreds of hours later. Why not you? What was the reason? This game was incredible.

He never said he didn't like it as he was playing it, just that WoW was never a good game from the un-biased perspective, which is true. You are idolizing it because you have good memories related to the game, but this doesn't mean that it was actually a good game. It is a terrible game as all other MMOs are.

I liked playing Lineage II, but it is trash when I look at it today. These games are designed to make you addicted and spend as much money as possible.