Ima Freeman

The importance of energy

24 posts in this topic

Reality can be seen as a machine. And a machine needs fuel.

In the pursuit of higher consciousness, different things are tried, like concentration, meditation, contemplation, being disciplined in an effort to untangle from habits, etc.

But what factor determines the degree of growth the most?
The amount of energy one has is critical.

As someone who struggles with being asleep in an upright posture while meditating or starring blankly at ones contemplation journal most of the time I get aware of this a lot.
I think most peoples success hinges on proper energy cultivation.

Of course the amount of energy is not everything.
High intensity can lead to derailments like anxiety, delusions etc.

The ways the energy is structured and it's direction is also important.

What are your thoughts?
Any methods on how to cultivate energy that can serve for spiritual growth?

I like your thoughts.

For me, it boils down to this: Personal development = finding out the answer to these three questions:

1. Which activities, decisions, situations, actions give me (in the medium to long run) energy?
  2. Which activities, decisions, situations, actions neither give or take energy
  3. Which activities, decisions, situations, actions take energy from me?

First, accumulate enough energy to take care of yourself.

Second, if energy leftover from above, invest leftover energy into activities surrounding your direct environment (friends, family)

Third, if leftover from the above, start to change beyond your direct environment (society, politics etc)

If you want energy Just focus on keeping your body and mind healthy. Work on your sleep quality, lower stress, exercise, eat well, socialize. You don't need to look for some secret meditation technique to cultivate energy.

10 hours ago, theleelajoker said:

I like your thoughts.

For me, it boils down to this: Personal development = finding out the answer to these three questions:

1. Which activities, decisions, situations, actions give me (in the medium to long run) energy?
  2. Which activities, decisions, situations, actions neither give or take energy
  3. Which activities, decisions, situations, actions take energy from me?

First, accumulate enough energy to take care of yourself.

Second, if energy leftover from above, invest leftover energy into activities surrounding your direct environment (friends, family)

Third, if leftover from the above, start to change beyond your direct environment (society, politics etc)

Thank you. This questions will help me a lot :D

9 hours ago, Jordan said:

If you want energy Just focus on keeping your body and mind healthy. Work on your sleep quality, lower stress, exercise, eat well, socialize. You don't need to look for some secret meditation technique to cultivate energy.

It's not that easy.

Many people have chronic illness these days, with which the basics alone do not help anymore.
I can attest to this. Heavy metals and especially chronic viruses and bacterial infections can drain a lot of energy.

And even if you have generally enough energy, it can run in unhealthy directions or be stagnant and not accessible for personal growth or consciousness work.

3 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

It's not that easy.

Many people have chronic illness these days, with which the basics alone do not help anymore.
I can attest to this. Heavy metals and especially chronic viruses and bacterial infections can drain a lot of energy.

And even if you have generally enough energy, it can run in unhealthy directions or be stagnant and not accessible for personal growth or consciousness work.

I maybe repeating some, but physical exercise and yoga, healthy and green food, healthy levels of sleep (7-9 hrs every night+ a short nap if necessary in between), breathing well, reducing unhealthy levels of addiction  to pleasure inducing activities ( watching shorts included), finding and developing passion for something you love as a job or a hobby, helping someone in small ways, etc. can give the necessary boost for further improvement.

1 hour ago, An young being said:

I maybe repeating some, but physical exercise and yoga, healthy and green food, healthy levels of sleep (7-9 hrs every night+ a short nap if necessary in between), breathing well, reducing unhealthy levels of addiction  to pleasure inducing activities ( watching shorts included), finding and developing passion for something you love as a job or a hobby, helping someone in small ways, etc. can give the necessary boost for further improvement.

+1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I had the same reaction. For 100h+ a month I am professionally interacting with / observing people and a lot of what they describe fits my experiences in reality.

Link above is a nice summary - at the same time I found it helpful to dig deeper into their assumptions and ideas. There were more "nuggets" that I could find

Edited by theleelajoker

Maybe this will touch a bit on the Rewiring the Subconscious Mind Course that Leo will relase. 

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

The amount of energy one has is critical.

20 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

I think most peoples success hinges on proper energy cultivation.

@Ima Freeman Couldn't agree more. Having energy is crucial in spirituality.

My pro tip would be eat a satvic diet. Learn about ayurveda and Gunas. Ditch Rajastic/Tamasic foods and go for Satvic, which actually nurtures your being with Prana/Chi. Some food might fill you up, it might have the building materials in them, protein/carbs/fats vitamins etc, but the energy is not there, the food is sort of "dead", without any prana/chi. That kind of "dead" food leeches energy from you.

Also from my experience, seemen retention is very crucial in maintaining good energy levels. Even the act of masturbation without ejaculation alone is leeching energy from you. I've noticed that if you have sex with a woman, it's okay, because you trade energies, but if you masturbate your energy just leaves your body. It's quite hard to notice these differences, but if you are aware enough you should grasp the difference. It's not worth the pleasure when you notice how much less energy you have. And this energy actually empowers you so much.

Sleep is very important. Try to sleep around 9-10PM, not later. You will notice how much more rested you will be.

Physical yoga is important to get rid of any stress-tention that might acumulate in the body through out the day. All of that shit gets locked up in your body as muscle tention. You release that tention after a yoga sesion in "shavasana". After you relax your body, your sleep deepens, you rest in the night way more.

Having small breaks through out the day is also important. Learn about Yoga Nidra and try to practice it when you actually have those breaks. Just try to sit or lay down somewhere and just release the tention, relax your body fully for 5-10minutes, it's sort of a sleep for yogis. Actually notice from which side of the nose you are breathing, if it's the left nostril dominant - you need to relax, if it's right nostril dominating breathing then you can eat/work/take action. Notice it and play around it.

Distract yourself way less through out the day. Never watch short content videos and doom scroll as they say. That stuff is cancer for the mind.

Hope my words are insightful. ♥

Edited by inFlow

Mahadev

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, inFlow said:

Hope my words are insightful. ♥

For me they already are. It's not like you are saying completely only new things for me - but you remind me of their importance.

Also from my experience, seemen retention is very crucial in maintaining good energy levels. Even the act of masturbation without ejaculation alone is leeching energy from you. I've noticed that if you have sex with a woman, it's okay, because you trade energies, but if you masturbate your energy just leaves your body.

This one, on the other side, is new for me. I will pay attention to this and see what I can observe.

Edited by theleelajoker

@Ima Freeman Energy is deeply intertwined with all things. To cultivate more energy is by giving your body more life force and capability ultimately by living well

Though there is another way and that is to release existing energy within. We suppress so much that we have pent up energy that manifests as anxiety. There’s a resistance then diminishing your energy potential. It’s being able to freely liberate that energy that is the greater challenge. 

This is personally a thing that I am working on. To let go of inhibitions. I’m quite a high energy person when connected with the divine

@theleelajoker You need to do yoga as well, because your sexual energy will get "locked" in your 2nd chakra and you will grow the need to release it through ejaculation. Even your lower back might start to hurt from all that sexual tension. But if you do yoga asanas with deep breathing you will start to flow that energy to all of your body. It's not easy as just holding in your nut and thats it. There are way more things at play here. I highly recommend this from my own personal experience. Been holding it for a couple of months now and it's like a treasure for me. And no woman will ever take that from me. I look at it like this - if I cum, I lose. Not comming is strength.

Mahadev

4 hours ago, inFlow said:

@theleelajoker You need to do yoga as well, because your sexual energy will get "locked" in your 2nd chakra and you will grow the need to release it through ejaculation. Even your lower back might start to hurt from all that sexual tension. But if you do yoga asanas with deep breathing you will start to flow that energy to all of your body. It's not easy as just holding in your nut and thats it. There are way more things at play here. I highly recommend this from my own personal experience. Been holding it for a couple of months now and it's like a treasure for me. And no woman will ever take that from me. I look at it like this - if I cum, I lose. Not comming is strength.

Thank you. That's crucial additional information. I appreciate it.

I noticed that doing yoga give me more intense sexual experiences and orgasms. That fits perfectly with what you are saying.

@theleelajoker The orgasm that goes through your spine up to your head. A wonderful experience.

Mahadev

Knowing how much tension I have left in my body - I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS IF I CONTINUE THIS PATH xD

@theleelajoker The less tension the body has the more God will live through it.

Mahadev