Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Vitamin c megadosing, is it safe?

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Better than pills is sodium ascorbate powder, cheaper. It seems that it has been shown that taking more than one amount is useless, since the concentration in the blood has a limit. I take more or less 2 grams a day.

Linus Pauli was an advocate of taking megadoses every day, he did so until he was 90 years old. I would say that this has a detrimental effect: everything that is not absorbed is excreted through the urine, which makes the pH of the urine acidic. This can hinder the excretion of uric acid, causing blood levels to rise and this is problematic. You can partially compensate by taking 1 or 2 grams of sodium bicarbonate and the same amount of potassium and magnesium citrate. If you do sports, this will contribute to making your body's pH more basic, avoiding lactic acidosis and in general creating healthier and less carcinogenic conditions

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 27/07/2024 at 6:05 PM, Schizophonia said:

Once i've tried Tramadol, 200mg on the afternoon.

I vomited 6 times the next day, with a friend we stopped in front of a building and i puked my guts out on the steps lol. Never again.

Oh ok lol

On 30/07/2024 at 0:08 AM, Emotionalmosquito said:

Was doing up to 10-14 grams in divided doses throughout the day when it was at its worst. Now I’m down to about 1.5g a day 

That´s good. From 1.5g you can jump to nothing when you want.

At those kind of doses (1-2gr daily) the dependence is mostly psychological. But you probably know that already. 

On 30/07/2024 at 10:36 AM, Breakingthewall said:

Better than pills is sodium ascorbate powder, cheaper. It seems that it has been shown that taking more than one amount is useless, since the concentration in the blood has a limit. I take more or less 2 grams a day.

Linus Pauli was an advocate of taking megadoses every day, he did so until he was 90 years old. I would say that this has a detrimental effect: everything that is not absorbed is excreted through the urine, which makes the pH of the urine acidic. This can hinder the excretion of uric acid, causing blood levels to rise and this is problematic. You can partially compensate by taking 1 or 2 grams of sodium bicarbonate and the same amount of potassium and magnesium citrate. If you do sports, this will contribute to making your body's pH more basic, avoiding lactic acidosis and in general creating healthier and less carcinogenic conditions

thx for the tip, Im already take magnesium citrate so thats good to know