Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Vitamin c megadosing, is it safe?

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is it dangerous? Sometimes I megadose vitamin c (like more or less like 15 capsules of 1mg a day for 3-4 days, from that I start reducing to 0), it works like a charm but I wonder if this could not damage the system. 

I saw in reddit a guy saying is completely Ok because 'you get out the excess of your body each day when you piss' but it seemed more like a bro science comment. 

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

it works like a charm

What is your experience while/after mega dosing?

Depends ...

By taking capsules, most of your side effect profile will affect your gastrointestinal system (especially diarrhea).
You will only absorp a fraction  - meaining that much less of that will actually end up in your blood stream (i.v VitC can be much more "problematic")

That said, you will still peak at several 100 micromol/L.
If you are healthy and don't have any underlying condition (like  glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase defieciency) or kidney issues, you should be fine. If you have a family history of kidney stones or problems with iron storage (hemchromatosis), I would not recommend playing around with such high dosages. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

What’s the point ? 
I prefer to spend money on very nutritious food.

The devil is in the details.

On 10/07/2024 at 6:54 PM, Yimpa said:

What is your experience while/after mega dosing?

i take it to ease withdrawal of opiates. I almost do not experience withdrawal at all, although who knows if it is a bit of placebo. 

21 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

What’s the point ? 
I prefer to spend money on very nutritious food.

Probably i should just buy fruit and do shorter binges you are right lol. 

21 hours ago, undeather said:

Depends ...

By taking capsules, most of your side effect profile will affect your gastrointestinal system (especially diarrhea).
You will only absorp a fraction  - meaining that much less of that will actually end up in your blood stream (i.v VitC can be much more "problematic")

That said, you will still peak at several 100 micromol/L.
If you are healthy and don't have any underlying condition (like  glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase defieciency) or kidney issues, you should be fine. If you have a family history of kidney stones or problems with iron storage (hemchromatosis), I would not recommend playing around with such high dosages. 

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I take non acidic vitamin c though. 

40 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

i take it to ease withdrawal of opiates. I almost do not experience withdrawal at all, although who knows if it is a bit of placebo. 

Thank you for sharing, I’ve never experienced opiate withdrawal before. Wishing you the best.

@Javfly33off topic but what vitamin C capsules are u taking? as i also live in spain 

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, cjoseph90 said:

@Javfly33off topic but what vitamin C capsules are u taking? as i also live in spain 

I buy them in Carrefour. 

Sometimes the Brands change depending on the store, but both of times ive found non acidic ones:

https://www.carrefour.es/pack-2-vitamina-c-60-comprimidos-sanon/8436556088742/p

https://www.carrefour.es/vitamina-c-30-comprimidos-naturtierra/8412016372125/p

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Thank you for sharing, I’ve never experienced opiate withdrawal before. Wishing you the best.

Thanks. Is not such a Big deal at this point because i try to not use for too long, but for some reason vitamin c seems to help a lot when i stop, Who knows why.

Edited by Javfly33

24 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Thanks. Is not such a Big deal at this point because i try to not use for too long, but for some reason vitamin c seems to help a lot when i stop, Who knows why.

Not sure either, you’re just vitamin cool B|

On 11/7/2024 at 10:33 PM, Yimpa said:

Not sure either, you’re just vitamin cool B|

Is pretty amazing, been taking kratom twice a day for the past 2 weeks, is been 24 Hours since i took the last dose and i feel completely fine. In normal circumstances i should be kind of really fucking umconfortable by now lol

I dont know why most people dont know about this. 🤯

52 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Is pretty amazing, been taking kratom twice a day for the past 2 weeks, is been 24 Hours since i took the last dose and i feel completely fine. In normal circumstances i should be kind of really fucking umconfortable by now lol

I dont know why most people dont know about this. 🤯

You are still addict to opiates ?

Posted (edited)

On 14/07/2024 at 9:44 PM, Schizophonia said:

You are still addict to opiates ?

@Schizophonia  I have been on and off all this year, I just stop it when I get tired of it and come back when I miss it. 

Next week im going holidays for 2-3 weeks so ill be clean, but probably when I come back ill buy again...lol, is just what it is. 

The thing until I don´t I completely clean certain karmic issues I will keep using, both are just too intimately related.

Something really transformative has to happen within me to completely quit. Im close but not there yet

Edited by Javfly33

13 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@Schizophonia  I have been on and off all this year, I just stop it when I get tired of it and come back when I miss it. 

Next week im going holidays for 2-3 weeks so ill be clean, but probably when I come back ill buy again...lol, is just what it is. 

The thing until I don´t I completely clean certain karmic issues I will keep using, both are just too intimately related.

Something really transformative has to happen within me to completely quit. Im close but not there yet

What vibe are you looking for? Can you try to describe opiate's energy in a kinesthenic/vibrational way, such as sounds, images, sensations, shapes etc?

Posted (edited)

On 18/07/2024 at 3:10 PM, Schizophonia said:

What vibe are you looking for? Can you try to describe opiate's energy in a kinesthenic/vibrational way, such as sounds, images, sensations, shapes etc?

I´m not sure if I understand what you mean but I´d say the energy is flat. They flat everything. 

Not that at this point I use them seeking for a high, but more just like a coping mechanism. Life sober is more or less stable (thanks daily Yoga) but if I have a bad week is sooo temping to go buy some and enjoy 4-5 days of just not thinking about anything lol.

I say 4-5 days because after that tolerance again raises up and you don´t get much high anymore. At that point is when I again get tired and stop/throw the shit.

Boring cycle

Edited by Javfly33

On 7/17/2024 at 6:38 PM, Javfly33 said:

That perfectly describes my relationship with kratom 

On 22/7/2024 at 2:29 AM, Emotionalmosquito said:

That perfectly describes my relationship with kratom 

How much have you been doing It?

Posted (edited)

On 19/07/2024 at 10:17 PM, Javfly33 said:

I´m not sure if I understand what you mean but I´d say the energy is flat. They flat everything. 

Not that at this point I use them seeking for a high, but more just like a coping mechanism. Life sober is more or less stable (thanks daily Yoga) but if I have a bad week is sooo temping to go buy some and enjoy 4-5 days of just not thinking about anything lol.

I say 4-5 days because after that tolerance again raises up and you don´t get much high anymore. At that point is when I again get tired and stop/throw the shit.

Boring cycle

I would like to try opium one day, out of curiosity.

Edited by Schizophonia

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

I would like to try opium one day, out of curiosity.

Ive thought you already tried opiates in the past 

Heroin morphine codeine hydro and oxy all come mostly from opium plant, just in different variations of different alkaloids the plant has

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Once i've tried Tramadol, 200mg on the afternoon.

I vomited 6 times the next day, with a friend we stopped in front of a building and i puked my guts out on the steps lol. Never again.

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Heroin morphine codeine hydro and oxy all come mostly from opium plant, just in different variations of different alkaloids the plant has

Opium is essentially morphine, i assume it's less potent.  🤔

Edited by Schizophonia

On 7/27/2024 at 4:34 AM, Javfly33 said:

How much have you been doing It?

Was doing up to 10-14 grams in divided doses throughout the day when it was at its worst. Now I’m down to about 1.5g a day