KenDo

Chronic swollen nose treatment

20 posts in this topic

I can’t breathe well through my nose. I have had this condition for 12 years. I have ruled out diet, and allergies as a cause. I have been to multiple ENT doctors and they don’t know the cause and gave me allergy medication, salt water spray and cortisone. The cortisone spray and salt water spray help a bit but not nearly enough to have a normal quality of life. 
my nose is not blocked the same always, it changes during the day but I haven’t found any pattern. One thing I notice is that when I am 100% relaxed it usually clears a bit. Notice this during meditation for example. 

the cause is really unknown and is definitely not allergies or food related. 
if you have any ideas, please let me know and thank you sincerely for taking the time to read this long post.

about a year ago i presented in this sub a hydogen peroxide protocol for optimal health and in my case it has cleared the blocked sinus issues i had endured most of my life, i know it works since when i stopped it they began to return

i am not saying this will work for everyone but it worked for me

if interested the book i got the info from is called, the one minute cure, just type those four words into google

Hey, thank you for sharing your experience. I also suffer with chronic conditions!

I’ve honestly had to come to the point of accepting that I won’t have the solutions for all my health conditions. And that’s okay!

One thing I notice is that when I am 100% relaxed it usually clears a bit. Notice this during meditation for example. 

Me too! It’s as if you’re expanding or zooming out to experience a greater aspect of yourself. 

thank you sincerely for taking the time to read this long post.

Not long at all! We have plenty of forum members here who write MUCH longer 🤣

2 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

if interested the book i got the info from is called, the one minute cure, just type those four words into google

Didn’t have to. I initially read your post when you posted it a minute ago ^_^

Posted (edited)

@KenDo  Do you have other symptoms? Respiratory symptoms?

Could be some kind of small artery inflammation, but it is a long shot, you can test for it if you are desperate.

Do at least inflammation markers ESR snd CRP tests.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

4 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Didn’t have to. I initially read your post when you posted it a minute ago ^_^

glad someone is on the ball here 😜

Posted (edited)

I have your same symptoms. Im tryna live with my chronic clogged nose in peace.

I also refuse cortisone at all, it may become addictive and harmful.

Have you checked if you have one of this?

deviated nasal septum

nasal polyps

inflamed adenoids

vasomotor rhinitis

Edited by Asia P

@Asia P everything fine according to doctor. He said I have sensitive nose so it gets irritated easily. Doesn’t fucking help me that info. I’m already using salt water spray like there is no tomorrow and putting ointment in my nose to keep it hydrated, doing salt water rinse. Idk what more I can do. I’m going stop taking the allergy meds from today onward cause they didn’t help for shit. 

thabks for your message, are there any home remedies that help you? 

Posted (edited)

I struggle with stuffed nose also. 

My life saving tips how I manage my situation. 

Eliminate dairy, bananas, melons, cashews, processed foods, sugar, pastries, cookies, weird sauces like mayonnaise. All these aggravate mucous. And it takes about a week of no mucous diet for mucous to go down in the system. 

I also consume Curcumin, Indian Echinacea, Bhringraj. I consume these for my liver but these three substances also reduce mucous in the body and help me with my nose thing. 

With these two tips I'm able to live a normal life. But I have to be vigilant about my diet and consume my pills religiously. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

@KenDo you could try nasya oil botanicals brand. 

@Salvijus well the problem isn’t really that my nose is stuffed from mucus. It’s swollen inside..

9 minutes ago, KenDo said:

@Salvijus well the problem isn’t really that my nose is stuffed from mucus. It’s swollen inside..

That's not the same thing? 

Posted (edited)

Are you engaging the fine muscles behind the eyes, above the cheeks & keeping you soft palate lifted with proper tongue placement? Do you have a sparkle in your eyes at all time? It sounds silly but do you notice it gets a little better when you are laughing or smiling?

Also what does your posture look like? Are you slouching? Is your rib cage open in the front and the back? Do you notice your rib cage collapsing when exhaling?

Maybe your airways are collapsed from years of misuse of your face, neck & trunk muscles. Maybe that’s why doctor says you don’t look like you have anything but still can’t breath.

It’s not obvious at all how to use the breathing mechanism functionally. I’d say most people are misusing it. I can hear it in their heavy voices that they don’t know how to breathe at all.

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Rigel no he sees it’s completely swollen as fuck. He just doesn’t know why and says it’s cause I have an easily irritated mucosa. Told me to get an air purifier which I did and made no difference. I even lived at the ocean for a couple weeks and didn’t notice any change 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, KenDo said:

@Rigel no he sees it’s completely swollen as fuck. He just doesn’t know why and says it’s cause I have an easily irritated mucosa. Told me to get an air purifier which I did and made no difference. I even lived at the ocean for a couple weeks and didn’t notice any change 

Alright sorry for my misunderstanding. Did you take anything I said into account at all though?

I used to always have one of them blocked  as well by the way.

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Rigel it’s cool, imma try if posture makes a difference thanks.

Posted (edited)

Maybe you do need an external intervention. All I am saying is the possibility of it being a product of years of misuse. Which is why I asked all of those questions.

It’s not so far fetched. Think of how years of misuse of the digestive mechanism does to a human body. Misuse in this case would be putting the wrong foods in it at the wrong time and in the wrong quantity. Everybody will agree on user error when it comes to obesity & everybody will agree that it’ll take a long time of training & rewriting of habits to change that situation.

Same exact thing happens with the breathing mechanism. People that sink their tongue into the pharynx & fail to drop their jaw & lift their palate by activation of the mask muscles are misusing the mechanism in very foundational ways.

Your whole upper body from the top of the head down is involved in the sound motion of this mechanism. Even your lower body to a lesser extent.

I am serious do you notice any improvement at all when you are smiling & laughing? However slight

edit: I mean a real smile with eyes and all. With joy included.

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

Posted (edited)

@KenDo standard things like clean a lot the diet, and do sports helps me a lot. I also put balsamic oil under my nose on the top of the lips, it helps a bit...

Edited by Asia P

I had the same issue for the last 2 years, I recently went through a course of antibiotics - levoflaxcin - and it completely cleared it. I can breathe through my nose after 2 years of chronic congestion and mucus. I would highly suggest you try if you've already tried everything.