Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Majed

self deception mega thread examples

5 posts in this topic

i'm starting to take self deception extremely seriously. so i want to study a lot of examples of self deception. 

obvious example of richard dawkins being self deceived about jordan peterson. 

obvious obvious self deception at play 

@Majed

26 minutes ago, Majed said:

i'm starting to take self deception extremely seriously. so i want to study a lot of examples of self deception. 

Speaking about Jordan Peterson, this is a good video I have come across. Self deception more from Jordan, but with Tommy Robinson his self deception is more lived through. Those events probably did happen to him and he's living through that:

Posted (edited)

@Majed

33 minutes ago, Majed said:

obvious example of richard dawkins being self deceived about jordan peterson. 

I agree that both this Alex fellow and that Richard Dawkins thing are deeply deluded. Delusion does not always happen exclusively because you're dumb, delusion is found in intelligent people as well. Case in point Thomas Edison and what he thought about blakc slaves, very intelligent fellow but deeply deluded.

While it sounds like I'm defending Jordan Peterson, I am not. Guy is clearly great in his psychological takes, but BS with his political takes, especially his recent podcast with Destiny, some points are just bad and distorted but my god his refusal to say that Nazis are far right, ultra nationalists is cringe and dishonorable! Nevertheless the guy's good at speaking in sophistry and abstracts I'll give him that. 

Also that book the god delusion, was utter BS and is offensive and ignorant in the face of spirituality and mysticism found in various cultures in history. As an intellectual type of work, you can't get more deluded than that!😭

Edited by Danioover9000