Is True Creativity even possible?

43 posts in this topic

creativity is you bringing you

there has never been a you before

you are what we have been waiting for

go out and leverage you like never before

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So there is no contradiction.

Yes, you can invent totally new things, but it won't come from a vacuum.

1 hour ago, An young being said:

I don't wish to go into that infinite loop either :S

It’s a good thing that you are

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

There no you. Lol don't get me started😜

Actually…

4 hours ago, An young being said:

There's no imagination, just you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Forget about physical stuff or atoms or food.

What about an Idea? 

What if you completely new Idea?

You can think of a human, a dog or a cat.

What about a being that you have not seen exist, but already exists?

Why can't you imagine it?

Or lets say that you are going to visit a new house. 

Can you imagine a house without relating it to any house you have seen before?

And yet every new house you see is far beyond anything you could  haved imagined.

29 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Forget about physical stuff or atoms or food.

What about an Idea? 

What if you completely new Idea?

You can think of a human, a dog or a cat.

What about a being that you have not seen exist, but already exists?

Why can't you imagine it?

Or lets say that you are going to visit a new house. 

Can you imagine a house without relating it to any house you have seen before?

And yet every new house you see is far beyond anything you could  haved imagined.

You cannot imagine anything that doesn't already exist. It may not be in this dimension or realm or manifested in physical reality; but the fact that you imagined it, it exists. It's impossible to imagine anything that doesn't exist. EVERYTHING EXISTS. EVERYTHING. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, An young being said:

Maybe, but the girl-like character you first saw is made up of atoms, and the memories in your brain which you used for dreaming are stored as atoms. Who knows, maybe the dream itself is getting synthesized as atoms. It's all only true if you believe in science, of course!

What are atoms made of, atoms? 😱 

What was that? atoms are 99.9999999999999% empty space ? Whats that empty space made of.. 🤔 

Taking the materialistic stance on spiritual section of the forum, you are asking for trouble 😆 

I mean its so easy to prove there are things not made of atoms, EVEN IF you ignore that atoms are almost completely empty. Every one of your thoughts, feelings, sensations, they are not made of atoms.

Its beyond obvious, so obvious I didn't think it needs pointing out, but hey, you seem to be pretty sure everything is matter. Ever heard of consciousness?

Not all dreams are from memory, and its first time I hear that memories are stored as atoms lulmao. Anyway, i had a lucid dream where I am flying, I experienced real flying without ever doing it in real life.

I've also experienced being actual spiderman and was swinging on buildings and running from the cops and baddies trying to get me. 

Real experiences, 0 atoms. But even if they were experiences made of atoms somehow, atoms themselves are almost completely empty, so it takes a much bigger leap of faith to believe in solid matter than in emptiness itself as the building block of reality.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

What was that? atoms are 99.9999999999999% empty space ? Whats that empty space made of.. 🤔 

Morons.

True creativity is possible and its happening now. 

The here and now is the only place and time where creativity exists. 

The only thing "solid" is the Now. 

Some say reality itself is a hallucination or dream. Whether real or unreal, the Now is the Now, Period. Its absolutely the Now, beyond any doubt, whether you are awake or asleep and dreaming.

The now is the now, and if reality itself is a hallucination, then there you have it. Look around the room or your city, and you will know what creativity the Now possesses.

-1/12 is Infinity 

Only the Meow ;)

I wrote a song on acid the other day. It came out really well. But it didn't feel like I came up with it- it felt more like I was remembering it from some deep place inside myself.

9 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

You cannot imagine anything that doesn't already exist. It may not be in this dimension or realm or manifested in physical reality; but the fact that you imagined it, it exists. It's impossible to imagine anything that doesn't exist. EVERYTHING EXISTS. EVERYTHING. 

Everything exists. That's fine.

But you couldn't imagine everything that exists, unless you see it or experience it, first. 

My issue is that you cannot imagine things that does exist. 

If everything exists, you should also be able to imagine it as well. But you can't.

Just now, Bobby_2021 said:

Everything exists. That's fine.

But you couldn't imagine everything that exists, unless you see it or experience it, first. 

My issue is that you cannot imagine things that does exist. 

If everything exists, you should also be able to imagine it as well. But you can't.

Imagination is infinite. You're saying you can't but that's limiting. The Absolute is not. I bet you 1000 yrs ago nobody would have imagined a phone talking back to you; but we evolved and imagined it into existence. Same goes for everything else that exists in this realm now that never existed before.

You can also imagine things that will never be manifested in your lifetime, but it still exists. You're saying one cannot imagine everything that exists but that's just speculation. What if there are other beings that can imagine shit you'd never think of. You're limiting it to humans.

Know thyself....

3 hours ago, Paradoxed said:

I wrote a song on acid the other day. It came out really well. But it didn't feel like I came up with it- it felt more like I was remembering it from some deep place inside myself.

Half the shit i write about on here and look back at, I'd be like "did I write that?" The infinite is working through you.

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, Dodo said:

True creativity is possible and its happening now. 

The here and now is the only place and time where creativity exists. 

The only thing "solid" is the Now. 

Some say reality itself is a hallucination or dream. Whether real or unreal, the Now is the Now, Period. Its absolutely the Now, beyond any doubt, whether you are awake or asleep and dreaming.

The now is the now, and if reality itself is a hallucination, then there you have it. Look around the room or your city, and you will know what creativity the Now possesses.

There really isn't a "Now". Now is a position, a fixed point of which there is ultimately none. This is positionless. I would say presence. Cannot be captured, the now can be. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

There really isn't a "Now". Now is a position, a fixed point of which there is ultimately none. This is positionless. I would say presence. Cannot be captured, the now can be. 

Blahahaha , im not arguing about obvious. You trying to think about the now and trying to get an image of the now. The now is not a point in time, it is eternal. Verifiable , you have never experienced anything outside the Now. 

Just look man, I am tired responding to you from past debates, because you are here to argue and dont really follow pointers.

Presence and the now are synonymous. Present moment, the now! Im not here for word games, takes away from the thread and dillutes it.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

54 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Blahahaha , im not arguing about obvious. You trying to think about the now and trying to get an image of the now. The now is not a point in time, it is eternal. Verifiable , you have never experienced anything outside the Now. 

Just look man, I am tired responding to you from past debates, because you are here to argue and dont really follow pointers.

Presence and the now are synonymous. Present moment, the now! Im not here for word games, takes away from the thread and dillutes it.

Maybe you need to be in the now and chill. I will never respond to you again. No need for outbursts like that, very unnecessary. If you don't like my respectful response at least respond back in a respectful tone. When was the last time you see me arguing with anyone. And why are you saying I'm not following pointers like I'm a sheep and should just follow what I've been told. It's obvious you have a bone to pick, so I'll leave you alone to pick it by yourself. I give each person one time to speak to me in a disrespectful tone because I'm not here to argue. Not anymore anyway. If you see me as you saw me before I'll tell you now, that's not me anymore. I'll speak once, any disrespect I'm out.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Dodo said:

I mean its so easy to prove there are things not made of atoms, EVEN IF you ignore that atoms are almost completely empty. Every one of your thoughts, feelings, sensations, they are not made of atoms.

Its beyond obvious, so obvious I didn't think it needs pointing out, but hey, you seem to be pretty sure everything is matter. Ever heard of consciousness?

Not all dreams are from memory, and its first time I hear that memories are stored as atoms lulmao. Anyway, i had a lucid dream where I am flying, I experienced real flying without ever doing it in real life.

If you have a far superior rationalisation capacity than what basic science offers, I'm happy for you. But most of us studied science since school, and hence it can be an useful tool for many to understand mental tags on phenomenon such as creativity, and also for rationalising it and try to give a definition for it. 

What you seem to be talking about is the phenomenon of creation itself or existence, not the concept of creativity associated with the ego. I'm not taking about that, as nothing can be talked about the infinite reality as a concept. It can be called "true creativity" as well as "true destruction". Can you destroy something without actually having something to destroy? Infinite existence could.

You have given an example of flying in dreams. Let me try to explain what I meant about my definition of creativity without talking about atoms. 

Have you ever dreamt of flying without seeing something fly in reality? Have you ever dreamt of flying without seeing an object moving from the ground to a few inches above the ground? Have you imagined the colours that constitute your dreams without seeing the colours first with your eyes? That's how my definition works. AS a human, you can't create something entirely new from scratch, it can happen only when you're not a human.

Edited by An young being

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, An young being said:

If you have a far superior rationalisation capacity than what basic science offers, I'm happy for you. But most of us studied science since school, and hence it can be an useful tool for many to understand mental tags on phenomenon such as creativity, and also for rationalising it and try to give a definition for it. 

What you seem to be talking about is the phenomenon of creation itself or existence, not the concept of creativity associated with the ego. I'm not taking about that, as nothing can be talked about the infinite reality as a concept. It can be called "true creativity" as well as "true destruction". Can you destroy something without actually having something to destroy? Infinite existence could.

You have given an example of flying in dreams. Let me try to explain what I meant about my definition of creativity without talking about atoms. 

Have you ever dreamt of flying without seeing something fly in reality? Have you ever dreamt of flying without seeing an object moving from the ground to a few inches above the ground? Have you imagined the colours that constitute your dreams without seeing the colours first with your eyes? That's how my definition works. AS a human, you can't create something entirely new from scratch, it can happen only when you're not a human.

you are overthinking a lot. 

I jumped from the 6th floor of a large building and started flying. How could I have experienced flying if I never experienced it in real life, i cant know what flying feels like without actually flying. And no, flying with a plane or watching someone fly doesn't give you the actual sensation of flying like superman. 

I am not talking about the visuals, flying is much much more than the visuals! 

My advice, dont overthink, you can have real creative fresh new idea. Who thought of a chair, had they seen a chair before? Car? Lets relax a bit! Stay grounded

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

you are overthinking a lot. 

I jumped from the 6th floor of a large building and started flying. How could I have experienced flying if I never experienced it in real life, i cant know what flying feels like without actually flying. And no, flying with a plane or watching someone fly doesn't give you the actual sensation of flying like superman. 

I am not talking about the visuals, flying is much much more than the visuals! 

My advice, dont overthink, you can have real creative fresh new idea. Who thought of a chair, had they seen a chair before? Car? Lets relax a bit! Stay grounded

I overthink because sometimes it's pleasurable to do, just like it's pleasurable to eat different fruits, and sometimes it allows me to feel in awe about creation's complexity. If you wish to believe me, just a day before, I dreamt of flying all over my town, not like a superman, but like an iron man, without needing to put one hand up.

And believe me, although it was cool, it was built on my previous memories of feeling the adrenaline and some other things. It won't be even close to actually flying with a jet pack around you. 

I think I understand what you are concerned with, you are concerned with saying true creativity cannot exist, which sounds too negative and even bleak somehow. But, make no mistake, reality is not bleak by any means. Yes, you are restricted within limits as a human and we can't do whatever we wish and live in a fantasy land of infinite pleasures, but that's a defensive mechanism to keep the ego in check and enhance our experiences.

Even within the limits, there's so much limited creativity within each of us, so much that it is almost unlimited. Still, the ego wants something more and more, but it cannot be allowed for the sake of our own experiences. That's what I firmly believe.

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Yimpa said:

What was that? atoms are 99.9999999999999% empty space ? Whats that empty space made of..

21 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Morons.

Made me laugh out loud. Twice :D Thanks

Edited by theleelajoker