Unlimited

My dog passed away

18 posts in this topic

My dog passed away yesterday.
Unfortunately he had liver cancer.

Thought I was kind of prepared for it because he wasn't in his best form already for a few weeks but that it happened totay still surprised and shocked me.

It's interesting to see what for a connection you can build to some animals and especially to dogs.

There is a lot to learn from them.
If they start to love you they will love you with all their heart and are the most loyal partner that you can imagine.
They feel miserable if they are alone and can't wait for you to come home.
They are also living purely in the moment which many people started to forget doing.

I've found with my dog and with street dogs that the most important thing for them is that someone gives them love and I'm glad that I was able to give him that.

It will be a hard time for me but I appreciate this opportunity because it will help me to learn more about myself.

I'm very grateful that he was and will forever be part of my journey.

Thanks for everything.

Rest in peace.

17E0DE9B-EF61-409A-8370-91A55ED00161.jpeg

Oh @Unlimited I am so very sorry for your loss. In the last 20 years I've been through this 3 times, and every time it is a horrible experiance. I am sure you have given this beautiful creature the best life and enormous amount of love and your doggo sure gave you the same, he had a good happy life and gave you opportunity to experiance part of life with him,  and thats what counts. Good Blessing  to you. 

I also lost someone very close to my heart yesterday, so this resonates with me. RIP.

Dogs are really amazing, always in the moment whatever theyre doing and when they show affection its so real, all this makes it harder when they inevitably pass on. As you say he will always be with you and you will always have those experiences even just the mundane day to day. 

Sorry for your loss and admire the gratitude youve shown despite it  

I'm sorry for your loss. Its very cute. Looks like a dobermann mix.

@Unlimited

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

My dog passed away yesterday.
Unfortunately he had liver cancer.

Thought I was kind of prepared for it because he wasn't in his best form already for a few weeks but that it happened totay still surprised and shocked me.

It's interesting to see what for a connection you can build to some animals and especially to dogs.

There is a lot to learn from them.
If they start to love you they will love you with all their heart and are the most loyal partner that you can imagine.
They feel miserable if they are alone and can't wait for you to come home.
They are also living purely in the moment which many people started to forget doing.

I've found with my dog and with street dogs that the most important thing for them is that someone gives them love and I'm glad that I was able to give him that.

It will be a hard time for me but I appreciate this opportunity because it will help me to learn more about myself.

I'm very grateful that he was and will forever be part of my journey.

Thanks for everything.

Rest in peace.

17E0DE9B-EF61-409A-8370-91A55ED00161.jpeg

Sorry for the lose mate. Had a pet cat, half tabby and half Maine Coon. Had a heart condition that was getting worse until he passed away. Doctors did their best. I didn't sleep for a couple days and lost all feeling in my body. hope you go through the grief stages quickly.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet dog.

Every dog (or animal) is unique.

The pain is unbearable.

Please take care of yourself and take the time to grieve.

I lost my dog two years ago, and I still have difficult times and miss her greatly.

High up in the courts of heaven,

today a little dog angel waits

He will not play

But he sits alone at the gates

“For I know my human will come” says he

“And when he comes he will call for me”

👽

I am learning to embrace suffering. I poured my heart out and cried like I never have before. Thank you…

Sob sob. So sorry to hear. Death is the only thing i haven't come to terms with about life yet. No amount of spiritual work can mend this heart reaching feeling when a loved one is lost. Pets are very dear to us and when I lost my cat 6yrs ago, I couldn't bear it, not to mention my mother. 

It's a feeling that mends in time; and i do hope you take the time to do what's best for your heart to grieve and allow for healing. 

Know thyself....

Thanks to every single one of you for your reply!

I love this forum and the people on here.

On 7/9/2024 at 3:10 PM, Yimpa said:

I also lost someone very close to my heart yesterday, so this resonates with me. RIP.

I'm also sorry for your loss.

Posted (edited)

Only creature on the planet that will love you unconditionaly with unshakable loyalty.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

Ahh, sorry for your loss. 

Posted (edited)

So sorry for your loss, much love.

Edited by Paradoxed

Posted (edited)

All dogs go to heaven just like they say.

Dog spelled backwards is God

My friend Gage OD on fentanyl and now I have his ashes. Never knew you could miss someone that much. 

Edited by JoshB

@Unlimited beautiful little guy- RIP.

I'm sure they lived a great life thanks to you.

Dogs really are little angels.