caspex

These Supplements and Habits helped me out

5 posts in this topic

I used to feel a lot of brain fog and my memory/learning ability was down in the dumps. However it has increased significantly recently, infact my baseline has risen and I feel satisfied most of the time now. Earlier I'd feel uneasy and mildly depressed sitting by myself doing nothing.

These are the changes I have made:

1. I started taking Magnesmium L-Threonate and Choline Bitartrate, these are good for brain health and target brain fog. You can look up what exactly they do.
  2. Chamomile Tea before bed, helps in getting sleepy.
  3. Hibiscus Tea once a day, lots of antioxidants.
  4. I have been doing Dual-N-Back exercises. You can easily find an app for it. It focuses heavily on training your working memory. Which is basically your brain's 'RAM'.
  5. Multivitamins that contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids and Zinc.
  6. I got a sleeping mask to block all light to my eyes.

These simple changes have made a big difference to my life. I feel a lot more stable and sturdy now mentally. This may sound weird but for months I used to feel "I don't feel sane enough". These things basically increased my sanity. I feel that I am finally back to how a human being should be.

It's to be noted that I will slowly reduce my carb intake soon as well. As it stands now, there is a lot of sugar and carbs in my diet. But even after these little changes I feel heavenly. Life just feels much more exciting now.

That's amazing, thanks a lot for sharing what worked for you!

I'm shedding my sugar habit as well and It's (obviously) gotten me more sharp, although I still often find myself unable to conjure up the words fast enough to even remember what I'm talking about in conversations, which would be the nastiest manifestation of poor memory in my life.

Not planning to avoid carbs entirely but I wonder what that did for you. Also any updates on your supplementation?

3 hours ago, - Adam - said:

Not planning to avoid carbs entirely but I wonder what that did for you.

Simple carbs turn into sugar in the body and spikes insulin.

Know thyself....

12 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Simple carbs turn into sugar in the body and spikes insulin.

Yeah that's not good right but it's like: I'm still gonna enjoy some pasta or rice in my dish, and it's more of a light sprinkle over a big vegetable stew along with a protein. I feel that doing that and purging the need to eat a sweet everytime thereafter is balanced.

1 hour ago, - Adam - said:

Yeah that's not good right but it's like: I'm still gonna enjoy some pasta or rice in my dish, and it's more of a light sprinkle over a big vegetable stew along with a protein. I feel that doing that and purging the need to eat a sweet everytime thereafter is balanced.

Yeah, I eat them once in awhile, I just don't make it a habit. 

Know thyself....