hyruga

How long do you think you will live till? Why?

24 posts in this topic

Leveraging your question @hyruga to plant the right seeds in myself on something that cognitively intersects.

Long version: One of my weaknesses in personal development that I want to point out in my movement forward, to give a mirror to others that then may also want to address this in themselves if this was also an area they overlooked too much and needed a nudge.

A simple question like this, with coordinates: self + future + possibility = simulation of self -> the ability to empathise enough to experience an existential reaction to said empathy.

Overlaps with phenomenology in action, a level of self-existentiality that I quite honestly, am not good enough yet at leveraging to my advantage and one of those reasons is that I have very few to any people at all that I even know that utilise this to their strategic advantage. Understandably so though, as its not that its difficult in the same way that runnings not difficult. But just imagine you never knew that running offered any benefits to you, its a lot like this situation here, basically no one comes out saying “Hey yeah, spent an hour on x thought experiment that’s now had a fundamental impact on my personal identity because I experienced it with such psychedelic intensity without any drugs required.” If 100 people on this forum came out tomorrow for example and stated this, I guarantee you that the likelihood of anyone attempting to replicate one of the persons results would skyrocket, as we’re social creatures, I’m certainly not immune to it no matter how critical thinking I may appear. 

So how do we do it? Well, let’s use your question as an example.

What are the ingredients to the simulation in order to perform this internal experimentation correctly?

I need to:

• Imagine as intensely and as fluidly (as in at ease/calm) as possible

• I need to experience a self-mirror from the experience, that is to say, an empathic response that triggers the survivalism that dually activates both “critical curiosity” which is kind of a transcendent state of contemplative consciousness combined with an almost overly sensitive reactionary energetic/emotional biological response

• Generate and experience various forms of consequential thinking relating to the experiment, in this case, various ages in which I could die and the historical consequences of this

• One of the core lessons here is not only my visceral reactions but the prudent focus that is required not only during the exercise but arguably even more importantly, before an after the exercise where the latter relates to teaching oneself to then install the consequences of the learning that followed from the depth of the lesson itself, which could include replaying either the same self-experimentation or variations for a testing of different results

• Change the way I view your own consciousness, more and more, I need to get into the realisation that I am a soul in an experiment called the human brain that affords me with incredibly expansive limits of consciousness that I’ve barely scratched any true comprehension to yet and that first and foremost, awaits my own diligence in implementing these basic understandings.

To that end, a comparison of deeply experiencing my own death as actually occurring:
(1) yesterday
(2) today
(3) tomorrow

And then change 1, 2, 3 to 10 years, 50 years and 500 years from now respectively. 

For each of those, imagining the myriad of the ways in which I could have died and the various possible circumstances surrounding it. Moreover, for the reader, what do your own choices for these timelines reveal about yourself. For example, let’s say I wanted to imagine myself dying on the top of Mt. Everest. Why did I choose this, because it bolsters my ego or maybe I’m interested in how other people will remember me? Or was it truly, because of the personal challenge outside of ego and I saw it as a way to connect as deeply as possible to nature embracing whether I was going to die or not and accepting with humility, the possible success if I did survive, to have a story for myself to learn from rather than just a story to tell outside of genuinely benefitting others. Wim Hof for example paired his climbing adventures with the releasing of a technique that made sharing his adventurous climbing stories much more impactful for people. 

In direct response to your question, I honestly feel like I’m going to figure out how to reach a level of agency that I’ll be able to reverse aging, so I don’t think that’s going to be my cause of death, not to mention with this timeline eventually intersecting with tech adaptations here anyway. More practically, for me it’s like what age do we want to live? I honestly feel like on the one hand life is beautiful and I want bliss and happiness for everyone, on the other hand I think its logical to question ourselves as a species and wonder what it is we’re actually doing alive together existentially rather than just aimlessly living out our lives, even though, there really isn’t an intelligent intervention here other than one that does involve an advancement upon our intelligence. However either way, its still the grandiosity of humanity that we’re saying should win out, and I’m saying then even if we do become a super intelligent species, what is the relevance to said super-intelligence universally speaking? I don’t think it equals being greater than the simple joy of living as justification, at least I’m not smart enough to have a better answer yet, but because of said answer, I also don’t yet then know what the justification for our species is then if we’re going to always at odds with other species. All in all, there is a window of possibility that our coexistence naturally only begins to harmonise the more our intelligence also naturally intersects with a greater spiritual universal intelligence, as it will, providing that it is first made done with the best positive example set for others to follow. We wouldn’t for example, want Vladimir Putin to be given free use of the Limitless pill, as the film showed, that’s when peoples unique alter-egos come alive if they’re not taught to use their intelligence to also grow their spiritual intelligence. 

Lastly, let’s say 500 years if I’m purely speaking from the perspective of when I think my responsibilities would have been properly served. Practically speaking however, given how imbalanced our spiritual intelligence is at this point in our human development, it’s possible I don’t at all see my first 100 years due to this reason. Not that I’m say more special than anyone else necessarily to not die from some arbitrary reason like, being attacked by Grass Fed Zombies in my sleep. 

To sum my intersectional point here, if my own simulations don’t equal empathic-self-remodelling that translates over into a healthy existential motivation for life seamlessly, given my other knowledge on this subject, I’m doing something wrong that I need to train better on as I know what I’m saying is accurate given my recent ‘wannabe acting’ experiences I’ve publicly shared on this forum.

I don’t know, hopefully another 10 years so I can get my catalog of work into the world before I die.

realistically, unless something catastrophic happens, I’ll live to 60+

Waking Call The Inspiration, Music and Perspective for an Authentic Life.

I hope to live to be 50 years old and perhaps beyond that.

Edited by Jehovah increases

300, possibly more. I do not think even a 100 years is enough to explore this human life.

I am going to make full use of, or will fund them myself, anti-aging technologies.

I do not mind dying after 70. But I really want to experiment and meditate for like 50 years and see what happens, without actually wasting half of my life.