hyruga

How long do you think you will live till? Why?

24 posts in this topic

In other words, at what age do you think you will die? Why?

Posted (edited)

I see no one answered this question. Noone wants to predict their own death and the reason for dying. Smart.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

9 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I see no one answered this question. Noone wants to predict their own death and the reason for dying. Smart.

It's not about predicting own death.

I am asking more to the point of: With the lifestyle that you currently have, at what age are you going to die? Have you account for accidents or new diseases?

Of course if you look at your country's lifespan, you can roughly tell how old you can live till. 

And do you plan to do something about it? Do prolong your life or live a healthier life so that you can enjoy more things.

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

It's not about predicting own death.

I am asking more to the point of: With the lifestyle that you currently have, at what age are you going to die? Have you account for accidents or new diseases?

Of course if you look at your country's lifespan, you can roughly tell how old you can live till. 

And do you plan to do something about it? Do prolong your life or live a healthier life so that you can enjoy more things.

Words have power. Beliefs have power. That said, nobody knows when they're going to die unless it's a planned death.

Doctors have also told patients they have such and such time to live and they pulled through their illnesses and lived for years beyond. I've known sick people who just kept living forever with their illness with the help of medication and live a long time even past some of their healthy peers. Death is unpredictable and when it's time it's time.

Know thyself....

As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.

-Seneca

2029. AGI might wipe humanity out then.

"Jesus in His love and mercy for me let me know who He really was. He is God who is born to be the Man, Jesus. Jesus was specifically born so that He could die because God is eternal and He cannot die, He had no beginning and He has no end. We have been separated from a relationship with God because of our sin."

This person here is misguided, but at least not a repressed sadistic killer trying to let out his frustrations by attempting murder through psychological torture the way that is characteristic specifically of the decrepit and completely incurable of those who believe in non-duality and Christianity. But don't be fooled, man is sinless by default. You are thrown into this reality without being told anything, that much can never be taken away by any ideologue.

Not sure why.

I keep having a nagging feeling that I won't live till 80.

So how long do you feel that you can live to?

No clue, life is uncertain no? I hope for 100 years, I have set this intention and will take responsiblity for this. 

I don't think most people in 2024 are considering how long they could potentially live.

If you look at life expectancy over the last hundred years, we've seen major increases with medical advances and security.

AI may lead to exponential growth in medical care, far beyond anything we've seen. There are some very intelligent minds who think humans could soon live beyond 150 or even 200 years.

Whether we get there or not, life expectancy should jump quite a bit in coming years.

That of course depends on humanity not wiping itself out!

On 7/11/2024 at 3:32 PM, numbersinarow said:

2029. AGI might wipe humanity out then.

2050. I don't know why it'll take that long, but that's what my intuition tells me.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Health for health’s sake > Health for longevity 

Sailing on the ceiling 

2 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Doing Health > Having health > seeking health

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

2 hours ago, Lyubov said:

No clue, life is uncertain no? I hope for 100 years, I have set this intention and will take responsiblity for this. 

i have the same goal to make it to 100 lol

Why so many bad advices?

4 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Doing Health > Having health > seeking health

Doing health isn't better than having health. 

If you have Aids and cancer and varieties of other diseases, doing health isn't going to help much. 

In essence, you should be healthy first. Not trying to do health only when you are sick.

4 hours ago, Rigel said:

Health for well being > health for health's sake.

Imagine if your body craves for something but you ignore it. For health's sake, you decide to go vegan. You ended up cooking over fried veg with unknown sauces and preservatives added to them. How healthy can you be?

Of course, another would be following societal norms like drinking 8 glasses of water daily. That's for health sake but maybe your body needs less water. You should listen to the body.

On 11.7.2024 at 2:12 PM, hyruga said:

Average life span for a dude in my country is about 81 years. 

So considering i don’t drink alcohol, don’t smoke, don’t even drink drink coffee or take any drugs. Have a healthy diet, a fulfilling life purpose and I am happily married. 

I’d say I’ll make it above that. My goal is definitely 100 and maybe even 100+. 

As long as I am in general good health I’d be more then happy to live a long long life. 

Happily Insane

8 hours ago, hyruga said:

Health for well being > health for health's sake.

Imagine if your body craves for something but you ignore it. For health's sake, you decide to go vegan. You ended up cooking over fried veg with unknown sauces and preservatives added to them. How healthy can you be?

Of course, another would be following societal norms like drinking 8 glasses of water daily. That's for health sake but maybe your body needs less water. You should listen to the body.

What you describe is not health for health’s sake. What you describe is health dogma.

If you go vegan cause you read somewhere that it’s healthy but it clearly isn’t for your genetics, you aren’t doing health for health’s sake, you are being stupid & disregarding your health in favour of ideology.

Health for health’s sake doesn’t mean you start believing every quack doctor on YouTube. Health for health’s sake means you look at health in the eye & do what it asks of you. Health is never going to ask you to drink too much water. Only dumb humans will do that.

Health is well being

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

On 7/8/2024 at 4:02 PM, hyruga said:

In other words, at what age do you think you will die? Why?

I think I'll die somewhere between 70 and 80, while being optimistic. This means i have some 20 to 30 years left in me. The reason is medical issue that i have. 

This is optimistic assessment otherwise I could die anytime. I'm otherwise healthy and well, and sufficiently active also don't have any chronic diseases, just a genetic condition that i have from birth which was discovered very recently.

I think that I will die anytime in life. As life is uncertain.