Basman

Why is there peer pressure around drinking alcohol?

64 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ryandesreu said:

People are wrong.

Make this a shirt! 

@ryandesreu

9 hours ago, ryandesreu said:

openart-image_D6cDedjl_1720618394006_raw.jpg

First of all, that's an A.I generated image right? If that's an A.I it explains all the visual flaws I see in that image. The perspective drawing is wrong, the shadow directions and placement doesn't make sense, the vivid colour and colour scheme isn't quite right, even the placement of the can of beer and the Crocodile teeth marks doesn't make sense. Jesus I expected that A.I images would make sense and had ALL THIS TIME to improve, I'm wrong in assuming so, but that's good cuz I get to hate more on these wonky A.I cheap images.😂 Also, clearly the addition of the Crocodile is inspired by Leo, so give credit to where you got inspiration from.

12 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@ryandesreu

First of all, that's an A.I generated image right? If that's an A.I it explains all the visual flaws I see in that image. The perspective drawing is wrong, the shadow directions and placement doesn't make sense, the vivid colour and colour scheme isn't quite right, even the placement of the can of beer and the Crocodile teeth marks doesn't make sense. Jesus I expected that A.I images would make sense and had ALL THIS TIME to improve, I'm wrong in assuming so, but that's good cuz I get to hate more on these wonky A.I cheap images.😂 Also, clearly the addition of the Crocodile is inspired by Leo, so give credit to where you got inspiration from.

I like the message the art represents, that drinking is a trap, but you are "Absolut"-ly right about this cheap AI generated "pitcher" and I understand why you are "wine"-ing. It was a "pour" decision on my part. I know all of these puns seem like "pun"-nishment but please "beer" (bear) with me. You know they say that beauty is in the eye of the "beer-holder." Okay now I will stop punning for good,, and start punning for evil. 😆 

Oh, and the can of beer does make "cents" because cans are redeemable. 😉

Have a "brewtiful" day! 😀

14 hours ago, ryandesreu said:

Alcohol can impair your brain's ability to make good choices. Your sober brain knows not to drink and drive, blow coke, or somersault down a staircase, but with an alcohol-impaired brain, you are rolling the dice with making these decisions

I've seen several friends and family members suffer for years and decades from alcohol. I struggled with drinking. People think that because it's legal and many people drink that it's not that bad or that it can't ruin their lives or that it won't influence their judgement or that addiction won't happen to them. People are wrong.

You're so right about this, but it has to be excessive. A few drinks here and there won't hurt anybody; but to an excess can do a lot of harm.

Know thyself....

12 minutes ago, ryandesreu said:

I like the message the art represents, that drinking is a trap, but you are "Absolut"-ly right about this cheap AI generated "pitcher" and I understand why you are "wine"-ing. It was a "pour" decision on my part. I know all of these puns seem like "pun"-nishment but please "beer" (bear) with me. You know they say that beauty is in the eye of the "beer-holder." Okay now I will stop punning for good,, and start punning for evil. 😆 

Oh, and the can of beer does make "cents" because cans are redeemable. 😉

Have a "brewtiful" day! 😀

Pretty cool.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

It is the projection

How did you even come to such conclusion? Perhaps you're the one projecting weird things on me lol. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

You're so right about this, but it has to be excessive. A few drinks here and there won't hurt anybody; but to an excess can do a lot of harm.

A few drinks for an experienced drinker with no history or genetic history of alcohol abuse is fine when done responsibly. Otherwise it can be a gamble. 

Respecting alcohol is what it's about. 

4 hours ago, ryandesreu said:

A few drinks for an experienced drinker with no history or genetic history of alcohol abuse is fine when done responsibly. Otherwise it can be a gamble. 

Respecting alcohol is what it's about. 

For sure.

Know thyself....

@Basman because drinking is social and if you are not drinking it spoils people’s fun

Posted (edited)

On 2024-07-07 at 8:36 PM, Basman said:

If you think about it, its strange and antisocial

It’s the exact opposite of antisocial they literally want you to become more part of their culture and more social by lowering inhibitions and having fun with them By connecting with them.

” come on bro let’s have fun“ = Let’s all connect more on the same level

Drugs lower barriers between people.

invite 10 people over and have everyone take ecstasy and see what happens. The Roman mass orgies were all built on this foundation. 😂

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

9 hours ago, integral said:

It’s the exact opposite of antisocial they literally want you to become more part of their culture and more social by lowering inhibitions and having fun with them By connecting with them.

” come on bro let’s have fun“ = Let’s all connect more on the same level

Drugs lower barriers between people.

invite 10 people over and have everyone take ecstasy and see what happens. The Roman mass orgies were all built on this foundation. 😂

They are imposing while not seeing it from any others perspective. That is inherently antisocial.

Drugs are not necessary to socialize.

21 hours ago, Salvijus said:

How did you even come to such conclusion? Perhaps you're the one projecting weird things on me lol. 

I've precisely just recorded a video about that B| I should have already posted it on my diary but like everything is against me these days it will be for this week end.

Every theorizing is fundamentally illusorily objective, because you can only live life through your personal structure. Like my "mentor" Lopvet Franck would say we are like two soap bubbles who form a border by joining together in some points, and given that the solipsistic nature of consciousness, this boarder automatically is nothing else that a mirror. 

To come back to the subject of alcohol it's very simple :

Schizophonia -> Salvijus -> Mirroirs of Salvijus's .

1)Why do i see (or rather imagine ? fantasize ? btw) dudes forcing other peoples to do something to protect their ego ?

Because it's my mechanic, that now i recognize on you insofar as you explicit it by projecting it at your turn on your own mirrors. 

We are seduced to the idea of pushing peoples to drink (even if i don't drink, personally) to to feel reassured about our consumption by blocking the evolution of the group, of the collective ego, in a direction that would endanger our vices.

2)Now i can push in differents directions.

Why seeing myself as a drinker is more stylish for me to the point of refusing to integrate me into an obvious collective ego (my friends) against alcohol? Am I trying to be like someone? My father ? mother? Does being “the drinker” refer me to a chronically blocked satisfying affect that can only be expressed through such symbolism? Why am I so upset by other people's views? Why at the same time I am so attached to resembling an image like that even if it is unhealthy. Why do I see people who try to take away my pleasure? Why can the affect linked to enjoyment and letting go only be expressed through symbolism that is at best considered possibly unhealthy, and at worst, downright dangerous?
Etcetcetc.

Everything is logical, it flows, there is no randomness, it's an illusion. With enough honesty we can understand everyone's problems as long as we are able to understand them, even if it's not always obvious haha, clairvoyance has to be worked on.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Every theorizing is fundamentally illusorily objective, because you can only live life through your personal structure

By your logic everything you've just said is just your projection and is not true. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

By your logic everything you've just said is just your projection and is not true. 

Projection is always true with enough informations.
Btw EVERYTHING is projection, asserting that the socks are « objectively » black is projection, i am projecting my experience.

Objectivity is the sum of subjectivities.

Edited by Schizophonia

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

you can only live life through your personal structure

You can see the world without the filters of the ego aswell. Not everything is a projection. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

Projection is always true with enough informations.

No amount of information can make a projection true. By definition projection means you're seeing something that is not there. 

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

Btw EVERYTHING is projection

If everything is a projection than there is no such thing as truth according to you. Are you confident you want to defend such a position? 

Posted (edited)

@Schizophonia if everything is a projection, then what were you trying to achieve by calling my writings "a projection"? What's the point of even mentioning that? Why don't you write that on every post? 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

You can see the world without the filters of the ego aswell. Not everything is a projection. 

No, you can only see life as the homo sapiens Salvijus, with what your avatar allows for perception. You’re trapped in your nervous system, to take a simple materialistic pov.

49 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

No amount of information can make a projection true. By definition projection means you're seeing something that is not there. 

Truth is relative yes, but it’s still the truth. :ph34r:

Edited by Schizophonia