mr_engineer

Is a divorce always the man's fault?

26 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@gambler what brainwashing? Why do you think they always say women and children first? 

Man stands alone as his own strenght and support that's why there is no pity needed. Its strenght,we are not looked at because we suppose to be strong ones.

I agree but it can't always be the fault of the man. Anyways, this is all under the assumption that it's true that people mostly think it's the man who is the reason for a divorce.

@gambler Yeah its not always, but precentage when it is women's fault, why is man allowing it in the first place since you train people how to treat you ,so then its not her fault because you are the one who didnt set the rules that was taken in consideration.If you bring massive value then her behaviour is going to be right it is common sense, but if she cant see your value then you dont marry her in the first place.There must be taken in consideration alot of things before entering marriage but the ones who bitch dont even look for solutions just the problems.So dont marry nobody if you think its gonna fail since you wont put effort in it.

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

I’m gonna have to say yes on this one, and my answer has nothing to do with whether or not he’s causing the problems in the relationship. But because getting married with all the information about how biased the divorce courts are against men, getting married is among the stupidest things you can do as a man.

Divorces are always complicated and have to be considered on a case by case basis in my opinion if you want to try to pin blame for the divorce. There's likely fault on both sides to a certain extent. Like, many husbands are accused of being emotionally unavailable and not supporting the relationships and many wives are probably bad at communicating with their husbands in a way that they can understand. The majority of divorces are initiated by women however, which suggest that they are perhaps more likely to feel unhappy with the relationship.

My guess for why we tend to feel sorry for the women post-divorce is probably due to a lingering culture of women depending on their husbands for basic survival. Back in the day, getting divorced or widowed as a women could mean starving.

Most people are not conscious enough to do the self-work or to choose the right person to marry, and if they do, they don’t invest in the marriage and value it enough to keep it. Marriage requires sacrifice and devotion that people in our individualistic and capitalist era cannot afford. And that’s fine. This is part of evolution.

Maybe there are better alternatives to marriage, perhaps it’s better for kids to grow up in communal settings held by strong values rather than in a household of two adults, where the stability depends on the romantic feelings and sexual attraction between two people, which can easily end.

Divorce rates in the past were lower not because people were more conscious but because they were forced to marry and stay married. This was a more serious commitment back then. But it’s not as if people didn’t cheat. People always cheated.

Divorce rates are not a tragedy, and there is no one to blame. This is part of our greater story as a species. The idea that marriage is the most moral thing to do is a religious and patriarchal notion that doesn’t align with many people today, which makes sense if you see how we have changed in the past 100-200 years.

👽

Posted (edited)

Men allowed it to be legalized, but I suspect that’s not quite what you mean.

Edited by Spiral