Keryo Koffa

Can you recommend Theoretical/Emotional/Physical Practices to prepare for Tripping?

5 posts in this topic

I've reached an equilibrium with Dissociatives. I've done much of the theoretical groundwork through binging actualized.org videos and emotional awareness and then used them to dissolve and equalize otherwise rigid subconscious karmic attitudes and operate from a clear frame of mind again.

Now with all these barriers down, I am tempted to increase my overall awareness and explore the morphing experiential, sensual and metaphysical nature of raw consciousness again and expand my frame of mind.

I'd like some suggestions, practices you found to be deeply meaningful in your experience, pointers to philosophical self-understanding, emotional mastery, physical exercises, yogic scriptures, breath techniques.

And also I'd like for you to tell me about the most scary trips and nightmares you know of, for me to process, face, experience and make peace with before and as a preparation for the trip to push my limits now and then experientially integrate them.

In fact, can you list me significant milestones from your journeys for me to contemplate, pointers to focus on, and ego-defense mechanisms to learn about? Can you list me sensations to focus on when tripping and ideas, perspectives and paradigms to integrate?

Why do I wanna trip / use psychedelics? To accelerate, expand and intensify my perception and dissolve boundaries, to expand the understanding of what I am and am capable of experiencing, to explore the nature of reality that would otherwise take very long. Now, if instead you know other practices without the need for psychedelics that can do that, then I welcome these whole-heartedly. It's just that travelling the world or interacting with the external environment, while being a great horizontal expansion, doesn't go into the depth and detail of my experience, which is what I really seek, to intensify present experience and uncover unaware biases.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

As far as methods to boost spiritual alignment and deepen your experience of psychedelics and life in general, I've found inner body awareness practices to be the most powerful. More specific than experiencing the feeling of your physical body, it's more so a continuous connection with the subtle feeling of your own vital energy. I've known about this practice for many years, but it wasn't until I had a bunch of 5meo experiences that I could suddenly feel the real thing even when sober, which was quite a revelation. The mere act of feeling it is itself transformative, and the deeper the sensation is perceived, the more powerful the transformation.

The strength of this practice is in its simplicity. It's non-conceptual, experiential, and in the moment. You make the initial intention to feel it, and then from there you simply just continuously feel it by way of awareness rather than by mind. When done correctly, it's seemingly effortless, and it's more of an uncovering of what's been there all along than an attainment of something new. Consistency in practice at all times is the key to meaningful transformation and growth with the method. The sensation of energy is like a guiding light that can instantly point a chaotic and wayward trip in the proper direction towards a state of being and presence. And of course, it has the same effect when sober. Like anything else though, it gets more familiar and easy the more you do it. If you get too lax in your attention, the full sensation can be difficult to find again for a time.

Here's some lines from Eckhart Tolle's book, "Practicing the Power of Now":

"To stay present in everyday life, it helps to be deeply rooted within yourself; otherwise, the mind, which has incredible momentum, will drag you along like a wild river. It means to inhabit your body fully. To always have some of your attention in the inner energy field of your body. To feel the body from within, so to speak. Body awareness keeps you present. It anchors you in the Now.

The body that you can see and touch cannot take you into Being. But that visible and tangible body is only an outer shell, or rather a limited and distorted perception of a deeper reality. In your natural state of connectedness with Being, this deeper reality can be felt every moment as the invisible inner body, the ani­mating presence within you. So to "inhabit the body" is to feel the body from within, to feel the life inside the body and thereby come to know that you are beyond the outer form.

You are cut off from Being as long as your mind takes up all your attention. When this happens - and it happens continuously for most people - you are not in your body. The mind absorbs all your consciousness and transforms it into mind stuff. You cannot stop thinking.

To become conscious of Being, you need to reclaim consciousness from the mind. This is one of the most essential tasks on your spiritual journey. It will free vast amounts of consciousness that previously had been trapped in useless and compulsive thinking. A very effective way of doing this is simply to take the focus of your attention away from thinking and direct it into the body, where Being can be felt in the first instance as the invisible energy field that gives life to what you perceive as the physical body."

Edited by What Am I

@What Am I Amazing pointer. I remember this being the center of my previous experiences, that energy that continuously flows through me animating my behavior and vitalizing my body and form. What is often referred to as ego-death, I feel is a type of overpowering cleansing energy, that regenerates oneself from the inside out, shedding previous attachments and beliefs.

I will actively focus on those inner feelings and combine meditation and concentration with focus on the inner sensations.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@What Am I Amazing pointer. I remember this being the center of my previous experiences, that energy that continuously flows through me animating my behavior and vitalizing my body and form. What is often referred to as ego-death, I feel is a type of overpowering cleansing energy, that regenerates oneself from the inside out, shedding previous attachments and beliefs.

I will actively focus on those inner feelings and combine meditation and concentration with focus on the inner sensations.

Beautiful, it sounds like you're already experienced with the sensation, and you even understand the implications of what it can really do in terms of purification. I agree with your assessment. I haven't gotten anywhere near a point of mastery yet myself, but I believe doing so would be a true doorway to perceiving the eternal and infinite on a continuous basis, among other unspeakable benefits for life lived as a human.

The sensation can also be used as a point of focus to transcend into samadhi. I believe that using a meditation object like this would ensure a more proper pathway into higher realms of consciousness, without leading you astray into less desirable and merely partial realizations. The origin of this energy can be intuited to be transdimensional, encompassing higher planes of existence and ultimately leading back strongly to the inexhaustible source of all things itself. It's like following a trail of bread crumbs back home, or using a guide rope while moving towards a destination in the dark, or whatever other metaphor makes the most sense.

Here's a few more lines from "Practicing the Power of Now" relating to using the sensation as a tool for samadhi:

"When you can feel the inner body clearly as a single field of energy, let go, if possible, of any visual image and focus exclusively on the feel­ing. If you can, also drop any mental image you may still have of the physical body. All that is left then is an all-encompassing sense of pres­ence or "beingness," and the inner body is felt to be without a boundary.

Then take your attention even more deeply into that feeling. Become one with it. Merge with the energy field, so that there is no longer a perceived duality of the observer and the observed, of you and your body. The distinc­tion between inner and outer also dissolves now, so there is no inner body anymore. By going deeply into the body, you have tran­scended the body."

Edited by What Am I

35 minutes ago, What Am I said:

I believe doing so would be a true doorway to perceiving the eternal and infinite on a continuous basis, among other unspeakable benefits for life lived as a human.

The origin of this energy can be intuited to be transdimensional, encompassing higher planes of existence and ultimately leading back strongly to the inexhaustible source of all things itself.

It's like following a trail of bread crumbs back home, or using a guiding rope while moving towards a destination in the dark, or whatever other metaphor makes the most sense.

YES! I am currently in the middle of a three step process: Dismantling old belief systems with the help of arising emotions that point me to them, concentration and meditation in the present and an ever growing desire for exploring the mystery of life. As you speak about the eternal, transcendental aspect, I am deeply engaged in exploring it and letting go of everything that keeps me from connecting to it, there's a channel I started watching that delves deeply into the topic. And regarding the bread crumbs, that in and of itself I realized is extremely profound and I made a post about that.