Merkabah Star

President Kamala Harris.

567 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

59 minutes ago, Hatfort said:

Kamala is getting support, there is a fight, but nothing is granted for anybody.

A good VP choice from an identity politics point of view in this case would be a straight, white man, of which there are several good ones. It's a huge demographic and must be disputed to Trump and Vance both. Buttigieg is not bad, he is capable, but would be labeled as a minority too. Kamala made sense as a balance for a 78-year-old white man last time, now the tables are turned. This is an important fight, these choices have their weight, and can't be dismissed from the conversation.

I had not heard about Andy Beshear before, but he seems the perfect rival for Vance, and would do great in a debate against him. He defends the working class of deep America, instead of sounding a bit condescendent to them like Vance does. I hope she chooses him. She also did well not attending Netanyahu's infamous speech in Congress. A good sign, no more, no less.

I suggest she dances the Macarena dance in her rallies to gain Hispanics to her side too, or whatever is not outdated like that.

Essentially, a white-guy as a DEI pick. xD Don't want to rock the boat too much with two women or people of color. (Not saying that I disagree with this tactic, since that's the political and cultural reality we're living in).

In all seriousness though, AZ senator Mark Kelly seems like the best pick. If you're not familiar with him, look up his Wikipedia page, he's an incredibly accomplished person - almost the Platonic Ideal for what most people imagine as an 'All-American' Patriot.

In addition to being a Senator who now occupies John McCain's former seat, he's a military veteran and highly accomplished astronaut. Additionally, he's a children author and a vocal advocate for gun safety reform, after a MAGA terrorist shot and almost killed his wife.

Fun fact - he smuggled a gorilla suit into the International Space Station as a prank.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Trump was a DEI pick for orangatags.

So watch those double-standards.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How the hell am I just learning the term DEI now? The fact that I know what MAGA means and not DEI is flat-out embarrassing…

4 hours ago, Hatfort said:

I suggest she dances the Macarena dance in her rallies to gain Hispanics to her side too, or whatever is not outdated like that.

+1

4 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Essentially, a white-guy as a DEI pick. xD Don't want to rock the boat too much with two women or people of color. (Not saying that I disagree with this tactic, since that's the political and cultural reality we're living in).

In all seriousness though, AZ senator Mark Kelly seems like the best pick. If you're not familiar with him, look up his Wikipedia page, he's an incredibly accomplished person - almost the Platonic Ideal for what most people imagine as an 'All-American' Patriot.

In addition to being a Senator who now occupies John McCain's former seat, he's a military veteran and highly accomplished astronaut. Additionally, he's a children author and a vocal advocate for gun safety reform, after a MAGA terrorist shot and almost killed his wife.

Fun fact - he smuggled a gorilla suit into the International Space Station as a prank.

I hope Kamala picks Mark Kelly too. Everyone in Tucson loves Gabby Giffords. In 2011 everyone here was praying for her to recover, even people living under a rock felt it back then. Having a vice president that has gone to space also sends a message of hope and optimism. Having a campaign that has a theme of space exploration could be a winning strategy because the Democrats in this country wants to move beyond this petty Trump bullshit and what better person to pitch than an astronaut?

IMG_0116.jpeg

I just realised Taylor Swift is a childless, cat lady. 😂

For real though Democratic party should also have a primary and internal elections.

How can you represent a democracy when you don't have a democracy within.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

For real though Democratic party should also have a primary and internal elections.

How can you represent a democracy when you don't have a democracy within.

No serious Major party politician challenged Washington for the party's nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1792.

No serious Republican challenged Lincoln for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1864.

No serious Republican challenged McKinley for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1900.

No serious Republican challenged Teddy Roosevelt for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1904.

No serious Democrat challenged Wilson for the Democratic nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1916.

No serious Republican challenged Coolidge for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1924.

No serious Republican challenged Hoover for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1932.

No serious Democrat challenged FDR for the Democratic nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1936, again in 1940, and again in 1944.

No serious Democrat challenged Truman for the Democratic nomination for president when he ran for another term in 1948.

No serious Republican challenged Eisenhower for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1956.

No serious Democrat challenged Lyndon Johnson for the Democratic nomination for president when he ran for another term in 1964.

No serious Republican challenged Nixon for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1972.

No serious Republican challenged Reagan for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1984.

No serious Republican challenged HW Bush for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1992.

No serious Democrat challenged Bill Clinton for the Democratic nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 1996. 

No serious Republican challenged W. Bush for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 2004.

No serious Democrat challenged Obama for the Democratic nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 2012. 

No serious Republican challenged Trump for the Republican nomination for president when he ran for re-election in 2020.

No serious Democrat challenged Biden/Harris for the Democratic for president when they decided to run in 2024 for another term in the White House.

You need to read up on US political History.

As a matter of fact, making such a criticism on our country's democratic institutions is a disgusting attack on our country's Founding Fathers, Abraham Lincoln, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, and every great leader and hero in this country who served and died for our country's freedoms and checks and balances.

Trump wants to piss on the graves of every hero and leader our country ever had by undoing all of the monumental work they did for the American people over the course of approx. 250 years!

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill Internal elections only make the system more integrous and clean. 

Leaving big money to decide the leaders is self defeating in the long run.

Posted (edited)

Don't ever say serious and Republican together.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

@Hardkill Internal elections only make the system more integrous and clean. 

Leaving big money to decide the leaders is self defeating in the long run.

Tell that to all of those presidents I just named who didn't have to have "internal elections" when they each ran for re-election.

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill The bottomline is that Kamala is unpopular and unlikable. Getting an actually popular person to run the elections is better for the democrats, especially in the long run and possibly in the short run.

Trump was always popular among republicans so he didn't need a primary in 2020. It was sort of understood that he would win it, so why bother with an election. Imagine if Republicans didn't have a primary in 2016. They might have missed out on a strong candidate like Trump. 

Likewise internal elections gives rise to strong leaders from within out of nowhere. Else you will be stuck with established candidates with big money backing that are bloating the system.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

The bottomline is that Kamala is unpopular and unlikable.

This is some invented BS narrative. Kamala is plenty popular. She will be more popular than Trump.

Don't confuse MAGA fascist zeolotry for real popularity.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is some invented BS narrative. Kamala is plenty popular. She will be more popular than Trump.

Don't confuse MAGA fascist zeolotry for real popularity.

That’s not true, she has lower favorability than trump currently. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/approval/kamala-harris/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/favorability/donald-trump/

Edited by Raze

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

@Leo Gura what is your November prediction?

Right now my odds are Kamala 60%, Trump 40%.

But I expect that to change in a few months.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't ever say serious and Republican together.

Let’s vote this big bad bully out!

Edited by Yimpa