Merkabah Star

President Kamala Harris.

567 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Metaman said:

If they do not like Trump, They 100% won't like Vance. His policies are even more insane lmao.

Have these corporations publicly stated their support for the democratic party? (or indirectly through donations, campaign funding) 

I agree, So many people say China will overtake America. Highly doubt it.

5 hours ago, Metaman said:

So many people say China will overtake America. Highly doubt it.

China has already overtaken America, economically.

Military wise, no. And they should not.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

China has already overtaken America, economically.

This is false.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Bobby_2021 GDP isnt the best metric to gauge economies. Theoretically speaking, a country could dig a hole for $100 million and then fill the hole up for another $100 million and then it would count as $200 mil in GDP growth, even though nothing changes. China is notorious for such things with bridges to nowhere and hundreds of thousands of empty buildings (That also tend to collapse)

Interesting book on this is "The Growth Delusion" https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jun/29/growth-delusion-david-pilling-review

Edited by Phil King

@Phil King It's even worse in the US where you can literally print dollars into existence and prop up the economy.

China is atleast building actual infrastructure. Their capacity to build at scale is a flex of their muscles. 

@Bobby_2021 do you not see how you have a clear anti-west/american/democrat bias?

Literally, on every topic I saw you post, you took anti american side.

Don't you think it is a sign of how unobjective and far from truth it is? Are you not concerned about that?

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why are you citing PPP?

That is not a proper GDP measurement.

It's like you go out of your way to cherrypick misinformation.

There is no reason to measure things in plain US dollars. That would obviously put the US in advantage.

The thing is $100 in India or China is far more valuable than in the US. 

Aka the difference in Purchasing power parity. There is higher purchasing power in India or China for the same currency. 

You have to take that into account while measuring the strength of the economy.

You guys are too used to measuring stuff in plain USD that even adjusting for your bias makes it seems like I am the one cherry picking data. 

15 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Bobby_2021 do you not see how you have a clear anti-west/american/democrat bias?

Literally, on every topic I saw you post, you took anti american side.

Don't you think it is a sign of how unobjective and far from truth it is? Are you not concerned about that?

Sure, feel free to use a measurement that is objectively neutral. 

You guys expect me to measure everything in plain USD without adjusting for your own bias.

This is why leftists whine about the inherent whiteness that permeates the entire social and economic system. You guys are too blissfully unaware of it because it's inconvenient to measure things without the inherent white bias.

Posted (edited)

@Bobby_2021 The Chinese economy is not larger than the US economy in terms of the value it produces. It makes no difference what currency you measure that value in. You could measure it in beaver pelts.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Sure, feel free to use a measurement that is objectively neutral. 

You guys expect me to measure everything in plain USD without adjusting for your own bias.

This is why leftists whine about the inherent whiteness that permeates the entire social and economic system. You guys are too blissfully unaware of it because it's inconvenient to measure things without the inherent white bias.

I am not talking about the gdp thing. I am talking about your bias against left in general. 

If you criticize literally everything that somebody is doing, on every topic, it's very obious that you are not looking at things objectively.

2 hours ago, Something Funny said:

I am talking about your bias against left in general. 

Funny because Leo has been accusing me of spreading leftist bias and now you are accusing me of spreading Anti leftist bias. Which one really is it? 

I don't really care to categorise my views into a specific political ideology. I observe reality and talk about it. It's up for you to judge, not that I care.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The Chinese economy is not larger than the US economy in terms of the value it produces.

I didn't pull it out of my ass. Those are stats from IMF and CIA, both are institutions with heavy US bias. These are facts researched & produced by serious people.

You are calling it misinformation because you didn't like it. I know someone else who does that lol.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It makes no difference what currency you measure that value in. You could measure it in beaver pelts.

Yeah I agree that actual currency in which you measure value doesn't matter much, as long as it's corrected for PPP.

Stats show that China produces $35T worth of beaver pelts while US does $28T.

@Bobby_2021 If you would just go to Google and type in "largest economy in the world" you would see the simple answer.

13 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Funny because Leo has been accusing me of spreading leftist bias and now you are accusing me of spreading Anti leftist bias. Which one really is it? 

I don't really care to categorise my views into a specific political ideology. I observe reality and talk about it. It's up for you to judge, not that I care.

• You are criticizing Kamala
  • You are criticizing Ukraine
  • You are criticizing NATO
  • You are against Israel
  • You are justifying Russia's actions
  • You now felt the need to argue about how China's economy is superior.

Don't you think there is a silver lining there? It seems to me like you have a pretty clear anti-western bias.

Are you opinions on all those things the way they are because they are actually true or are you just trying to align the facts with you already existing beliefs and focus your attention only on things that reinforce them?

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Bobby_2021 If you would just go to Google and type in "largest economy in the world" you would see the simple answer.

Yeah it's nominal GDP that shows up first. I just showed you the corrected version. 

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Something Funny said:
  • You are criticizing Kamala
  • You are criticizing Ukraine
  • You are criticizing NATO
  • You are against Israel
  • You are justifying Russia's actions
  • You now felt the need to argue about how China's economy is superior.

I criticized Kamala because she presided over the government that assisted an Israeli genocide and NATO expansion which started a needless war that could have spiraled into ww3.

All of these are sane positions.

Before judging me, think about why I criticize them. 

I don't care if they are a left wing or right wing. Bad actions should be criticised whoever they are.

I also criticised Trump, FYI.

With the Chinese economy being superior, it's a fact. What else do you want me to say? Do you want me to lie to you so that you can sleep better?

I have an anti western bias because I have an anti bullying bias. I will relieve my biases when the west stops engaging in bullying.

Edited by Bobby_2021

5 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

I have an anti western bias because I have an anti bullying bias.

Hehe. How about you research how China bullies in Tibet, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the Uygers?

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Hehe. How about you research how China bullies in Tibet, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the Uygers?

You forgot about their own people

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those are regional tensions & territorial disputes between neighbouring states. They always existed and always will exist.  

Scope and scale matters. It's not like they bullied half of the world by over extending themselves.

If China acted like US they should have bombed Taiwan already like Vietnam. Props to them for showing some restraint.

42 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Those are regional tensions & territorial disputes between neighbouring states. They always existed and always will exist. 

Hong Kong was once a British colony, doesn’t that fall into your category of western bullying?

Best to be consistent with our west thrashing. 😁

Also the Mongolians literally did bully half the world and over extend themselves, but that doesn’t count because it was so long ago?