Merkabah Star

President Kamala Harris.

575 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

@Leo Gura What’s your prediction for the debate on Tuesday?

I don't expect much movement in either direction.

Trump will shamelessly bullshit as he always does, and we'll just have to see how Kamala handles it. Hopefully she is prepared to cut through bullshit rather than being logical about substance.

Trump is an intellectual terrorist so he must be dealt with accordingly.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't expect much movement in either direction.

Trump will shamelessly bullshit as he always does, and we'll just have to see how Kamala handles it. Hopefully she is prepared to cut through bullshit rather than being logical about substance.

Trump is an intellectual terrorist so he must be dealt with accordingly.

A lot of undecided voters these days seem to be very disappointed by the fact that candidates these days talk less about policy and substance than they used to.

Edited by Hardkill

On 9/5/2024 at 11:52 AM, PurpleTree said:

either way many people are going to be salty as fukc

it‘s also funny how both sides are running with their doomsday scenarios 

democrats: if trump wins democracy is gone, welcome fascism, next up concentration camps and ovens smh trump os the worst human being ever 

republican‘ts: if kamala wins it’s either communism or ww3 and we’re all going to get nuked by putin, and while the nukes drop on our freedom loving american heads kamala is going to laugh with her horrible face smh she’s the worst

The polarization and hysterical rhetoric is at a level that I have never seen before.  The reality is that whichever side wins, the oligarchs and their bureaucracy will be firmly in control.   The clown show diverts attention from the real power structure. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

4 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

The polarization and hysterical rhetoric is at a level that I have never seen before.  The reality is that whichever side wins, the oligarchs and their bureaucracy will be firmly in control.   The clown show diverts attention from the real power structure. 

Which oligarchs? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

2 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

Which oligarchs? 

Larry Fink

I love it when Trump supporters get triggered!

Edited by Hardkill

The Lincoln Project is sooo good at making psychological attack ads.

11 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

The Lincoln Project is sooo good at making psychological attack ads.

Such ads are too sleazy and petty.

Lincoln Project ads are like what political ads would be if Trump ran an ad company.

There's no need to sink to this level to effectively criticize Trump.

Edited by Leo Gura

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lincoln Project ads are like what political ads would be if Trump ran an ad company.

I wish candidates went back to setting out substantive agenda of their own by proposing new serious initiatives for dealing with current issues. That way many more winners of elections would win a real mandate for policy-making during their time in office. That used to be much more the case in the good old days of politics.

But I gotta hand it to the Lincoln Project for an ad like that.

Edited by Hardkill

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I see the Lincoln Project serving 2 functions:

1) They put Trump on tilt. They're like an evil clown, always popping up and fuckin' with him. Their sole mission is to destroy him (and make money while doing it) and he knows it. This is incredibly useful if they can reach him.

2) Just like how Trump provides his cult with a big "Fuck You" to the people they hate, The Lincoln Project serves as a big "Fuck You" to the Trump cult. This is not all bad. We're in the muck already. They're slinging shit. People want to sling shit back. 

I wasn't too impressed with that particular ad but they do have some really good ones from time to time. 

Edited by Joshe

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I see this type of ad as one component in a systems of components designed to take down Trump. One component of a larger strategy is dropping to Trump’s level to attack him psychologically. 

This type of ad is not targeted to the general public. It’s  targeted at Trump’s psychoses and disfunction within his inner orbit. They’ve been effective: Trump has responded to their ads with rage and can amplify dissent. In this case with Loomer and MTG. The ad offensively controls narrative and is frustrating to Lacivita and Wiles, Trump’s only semi-professional campaign staffers that want to focus on policy issues. 

Other strategic components include mocking Trump on TikTok as well as criticizing him from higher levels. 

Edited by Forestluv

Lol! Joe has some sense of humor 

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Joe should have gone to a petting zoo and put the MAGA hat on a mule.

Although that would be insulting to mules.

Edited by Leo Gura

Some of the polls I have been watching say Harris is kicking butt, but buyer beware, the more conventional media says it is very close with Trump slightly ahead in the battleground states. I guess we will have to wait for awhile to let the smoke clear.

I am not a crybaby!