Merkabah Star

President Kamala Harris.

567 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Hardkill Those who are homophobic are already voting for Trump.

It makes no sense to overlook a perfect VP like Pete just because he is gay. That is literally pandering to homophobes. Dems need to grow some balls.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill Those who are homophobic are already voting for Trump.

It makes no sense to overlook a perfect VP like Pete just because he is gay. That is literally pandering to homophobes. Dems need to grow some balls.

I worry that many middle age to older voters who are moderate to conservative leaning will still get too spooked by the idea of a gay man being second in line to the presidency.

Even my parents, who have been liberal Democrats all of their lives think that it would be a terrible mistake to have Buttigieg as her running mate. 

How will straight white Christians who still make up a very substantial portion of the electorate in the country feel about having a black/asian women for president and a gay man for VP?

You even said that most Americans are still God fearing low educated individuals who believe in “good old Judeo-Christian American values.” 

Yes, most people in America now accept gay marriage and other LGBTQ+ rights and I believe that gay people should be treated with the very same respect we give to straight people in our country. However, I honestly just don’t see a homosexual becoming the Vice-president let alone the next president of the United States anytime soon, especially when the Democrats are already taking enough of a bold risk by having a black/asian woman at the top of the ticket.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

How will straight white Christians who still make up a very substantial portion of the electorate in the country feel about having a black/asian women for president and a gay man for VP?

Frankly, I don't give a damn. They lost their right for me to care what they think.

If they don't like it, let them vote for The Orange Baboon.

Edited by Leo Gura

This was predicted by someone on reddit 4 month ago I read

@Hardkill The black community which is a core base for the Dems having conservative social values could be an issue on this 

@Hardkill  I agree. I'm all for Pete, but now is not the time to risk anything. The Dem ticket should include the top two candidates to win the election, period.

13 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

@Hardkill The black community which is a core base for the Dems having conservative social values could be an issue on this 

13 minutes ago, ryandesreu said:

@Hardkill  I agree. I'm all for Pete, but now is not the time to risk anything. The Dem ticket should include the top two candidates to win the election, period.

Yeah, besides it doesn't look like he is going to be chosen as the VP even though he was one of the 6 VP finalists:

The two finalists who are the most likely choices are now Tim Walz and Josh Shapiro.

The two finalists who are the 2nd most possible choices are now Mark Kelly and Andy Beshear

The two finalists who are the least likely choices are J.B. Pritzker and Pete Buttigieg.

Found interesting cartoon that on animal kingdoms, animals also vote and give promises, so you should know.

IMG_2477.jpeg

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Best possible choice for a VP pick. Popular progressive governor. A military veteran and labor advocate who's very likable, and gets bonus points for starting the trend of calling Trump and the Christian Nationalists 'weirdos'.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Balz to the Walz.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

the trend of calling Trump and the Christian Nationalists 'weirdos'.

They aren't weirdos. They're dangerous brainwashed corrupt ignorant lunatics.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

Best possible choice for a VP pick. Popular progressive governor. A military veteran and labor advocate who's very likable, and gets bonus points for starting the trend of calling Trump and the Christian Nationalists 'weirdos'.

I think you're right. 

It was a tough call, but I think that Shapiro probably turned out to be too controversial of a pick given the fact that he Jewish and criticized too many young people and pro-Palestine voters for their protests. Mark Kelly probably got too much flack for also coming off as "too pro-Israel" and too moderate.

Progressives like Cenk thought that Mark Kelly would've been a bad choice because Kelly is too much of an establishment/corporate Democrat and that people don't really care about the fact that he was an astronaut. Plus, I think Democratic operatives thought that their Democratic could not afford to lose a Senate seat if Kelly were to be elected VP.

Democrats already have a razor thin majority in the Senate and they are already going to lose a senate seat from West Virginia because Manchin is not running for re-election and Jim Justice, who is the current GOP nominee for Manchin's seat, is too popular and too strong of a candidate for any Democrat to defeat in West Virginia.

Liberals/Progressives probably also thought that Buttigieg was also too much of an establishment/corporate Democrat.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They aren't weirdos. They're dangerous brainwashed corrupt ignorant lunatics.

You know that. And I know that. It's obvious to any minimally informed person.

But to the lowest common denominator, apolitical low-information voter (who's not already voting for Trump), the 'weirdo' rhetoric seems to be working.

So I say go with it - since it's not wrong, and it complimentary to pointing out how dangerous and brainwashed Christian Nationalists are.

They're dangerous weirdos.

Edited by DocWatts

@Leo Gura Tell me this isn't effective messaging for apolitical normies who haven't been following what's been going on with Trump and Project 2025.

Posted (edited)

I don't like this weirdo language, it is needlessly vague.

The bottom line is that Trump and Vance are both corrupt and dangerous. Anyone can understand that. I don't see a need here to pander to children.

Weirdo is how you might describe Trump to a 4 year old child.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Isn't childish appeal all Republicans have? No policies, just vibes, when in reality they don't pass the vibe check.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

1 minute ago, martins name said:

@Leo Gura Isn't childish appeal all Republicans have? No policies, just vibes, when in reality they don't pass the vibe check.

There is no such thing as one right vibe.

Vibes is all about fitting the vibe some folk craves. Nazis got just the right vibes for some folk.

#NaziVibes

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't like this weirdo language, it is needlessly vague.

The bottom line is that Trump and Vance are both corrupt and dangerous. Anyone can understand that. I don't see a need here to pander to children.

Weirdo is how you might describe Trump to a 4 year old child.

Problem is that low-information voters who haven't been following politics are likely to have a mindset that thier day-to-day life didn't change all that drastically last time Trump was president. As a result, they're also likely to think that our warnings about Trump's dangerous plans are overblown (many people living in early 1930s thought the same thing about Hitler, thinking that he wouldn't be able to sustain his radicalism once he was brought into the government).

They aren't able to see how thier day-to-day observations connect to the broader social context in which that experience takes place; if they were able to, they wouldn't be on the fence or undecided.

Edited by DocWatts

@Leo Gura what do you think about Tim Walz as now confirmed VP?