Princess Arabia

Spiritual Gain Is No Different Than Material Gain.

105 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

No I didn't. At least try to understand what I'm saying.

You said nothing in relation to my points. Nor would you have any objection of me calling a desire a gift/a blessing from God if you had understood what I'm talking about. 

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

You said nothing in relation to my points. Nor would you have any objection of me calling a desire a gift/a blessing from God if you had understood what I'm talking about. 

Ok. Apologies. You have your perspective and I have mine.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

I still want to anchor this because it's important. 

Desire for a better life is unstoppable and not in your control, might as well enjoy the ride.

This unstoppable desire is God's will for you that you get to know and experience his glory evermore intimately and profoundly. 

Accept that as a gift from God. Because that's what it is. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

22 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Ok, point taken; and you do raise a good point when you say "gradually reduces expectations because of a sense of more fulfillment". That's a difference; because in materialism the need is always more and more and more. Spiritualism can also create the need for more and more and more also but I get that the difference could result in a less egoic need for more.

Thank you for the compliment! ( My mind's subtle expectation mechanisms doing the work here) 

Like you have said, spiritual practices also can create the need for more and more, when the desire is very strong and the desire is due to curiosity or a thirst for knowledge, instead of a search to escape suffering.

Next month’s hot topic:

Peter Ralston Starts Wearing Wig And Goes Beyond Enlightenemnt!