James123

Enlightenment is just a begining

35 posts in this topic

After that there is a life, which is waiting for you and includes thousand of things to learn, experience, feelings in order to ride the Ox. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

🤘Yes, enlightment is not a denying or avoiding life like some ignorant people like to say.

to the contrary, it enhances you to the peak, you can finally jump completely into life because life is not anymore an constant stressful calculation of investment-reward. 

You can play the game fully ON, because you know nothing can leave you a scratch anymore. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Posted (edited)

Lots of people are enjoying life right now. Experiencing it to the fullest - suffering and all, with no expectations or waiting to become enlightened or what could be instore. Life is now and only now. Waiting is a dream. I've been learning, experiencing and feeling all my life, don't know about you, through every suffering, joy, sadness, happy moments, catastrophes, crying, laughter all of it. Its here and now. Dreamers are waiting to be enlightened. Enlightenment is now because only now exists. There's no beginning and no end only the eternal now.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

13 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Lots of people are enjoying life right now. Experiencing it to the fullest - suffering and all, with no expectations or waiting to become enlightened or what could be instore. Life is now and only now. Waiting is a dream. I've been learning, experiencing and feeling all my life, don't know about you, through every suffering, joy, sadness, happy moments, catastrophes, crying, laughter all of it. Its here and now. Dreamers are waiting to be enlightened. Enlightenment is now because only now exists. There's no beginning and no end only the eternal now.

For me, Before and after enlightenment taste of an apple do not change. However, life changes. After enlightenment, if mind on control, suffering is inevitable. İf mind under control, bliss is inevitable. Before enlightenment, I was just an ordinary human being, who seeks for only pleasure and believes the thoughts, therefore I. 

Posted (edited)

The more I learn the harder it is for me to define enlightenment. It seems like a catch-all term for describing a ton of different states of consciousness.

That being said, I have a meditation instructor who says that after a decade of consistent practice he has no more internal monologue.  That seems like "enlightenment" to me. 

But it might be helpful to distinguish enlightenment and awakening. Enlightenment seems to be about dismantling the ego and attaining a persistent no-thought or nondual state. Whereas awakening is understanding the fundamental structure of reality. Enlightenment is something that can be accomplished naturally with lots of practice, whereas certain awakenings, especially something like alien consciousness, might require chemical assistance.

Edited by Oppositionless

7 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

That being said, I have a meditation instructor who says that after a decade of consistent practice he has no more internal monologue.  That seems like "enlightenment" to me. 

This isn’t enlightenment, it’s no mind. Doesn’t mean shit honestly, it’s just peaceful. I somehow doubt that he has no thoughts as well. 

I think your grasp on enlightenment vs awakening is pretty spot on. To me awakening is much more important and exciting 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

Enlightenment might be just a beginning or not, we can only assume or imagine what’s after that but until you reach it we actually don’t know, it needs to be experianced to find out. It’s kind of similar to question what happens after we die, we just simply don’t yet know exactly  as it also has to be experianced first. It is fun to create different beliefs about it though. For now I choose to focus on the present moment and not worry too much about what enlightenment  is or what happens once we achieve it, that’s another experiance and I am in this moment experiencing this moment. 

Edited by Evelyna

2 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

This isn’t enlightenment, it’s no mind. Doesn’t mean shit honestly, it’s just peaceful. I somehow doubt that he has no thoughts as well. 

Me too. It doesn't seem very good for survival, our intellect is one of our major adaptions.

Enlightenment = Genuinely Not Knowing.

Life= Knowing and Learning.

3 hours ago, Evelyna said:

Enlightenment might be just a beginning or not, we can only assume or imagine what’s after that but until you reach it we actually don’t know, it needs to be experianced to find out. It’s kind of similar to question what happens after we die, we just simply don’t yet know exactly  as it also has to be experianced first. It is fun to create different beliefs about it though. For now I choose to focus on the present moment and not worry too much about what enlightenment  is or what happens once we achieve it, that’s another experiance and I am in this moment experiencing this moment. 

Death is end of knowing that's all. You can not experience enlightenment , you can only "be". 

Enlightenment? I have been enlightened for about 5 minutes straight at most. After that my mind closes and goes into normal, limited functioning. If you are truly enlightened, suffering is zero, you are beyond form, you are open to the essence of reality, everything is total glory. There is no difference between good and bad, for you it's ok to have cancer in the brain. Here no one is enlightened. In the world almost nobody is enlightened, more than that, almost no one understands what being enlightened means. 

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Enlightenment? I have been enlightened for about 5 minutes straight at most. After that my mind closes and goes into normal, limited functioning. If you are truly enlightened, suffering is zero, you are beyond form, you are open to the essence of reality, everything is total glory. There is no difference between good and bad, for you it's ok to have cancer in the brain. Here no one is enlightened. In the world almost nobody is enlightened, more than that, almost no one understands what being enlightened means. 

Enlightenment is realization of your True Nature, which is catching the ox (stage 4). Moreover, there is 6 more stages. Last one is return to society. 5 minute 5 meo experiences are not enlightenment. Do you think enlightened person perception is like 5 meo experience? 

Edited by James123

@James123 I don’t think you can know that for sure, but I respect your perspective, I can neither agree nor disagree because I just don’t know. It could be true or could not be true.

9 hours ago, James123 said:

After that there is a life, which is waiting for you and includes thousand of things to learn, experience, feelings in order to ride the Ox. 

Enlightenment is when You go Thru Life Untouched, by that it means You are totally Involved with Everything Around You, Family, Friends, Nature, the Planet and Universe, and even with Your Ego/Personality, but none of it Touches You, You can drop it in a second, and be fine with it, Emotions will rise, but what YOU are is not the Emotion or the Body or Mind, You "HAVE" Emotions, Body and Mind to use while here.. That is Enlightenment!!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

1 minute ago, Evelyna said:

@James123 I don’t think you can know that for sure, but I respect your perspective, I can neither agree nor disagree because I just don’t know. It could be true or could not be true.

Sure, totally understandable. If you know how your birth is, you can know what is death is. 

Just now, James123 said:

Sure, totally understandable. If you know how your birth is, you can know what is death is. 

Possibly but I don’t know for sure. 

1 minute ago, Ishanga said:

Enlightenment is when You go Thru Life Untouched, by that it means You are totally Involved with Everything Around You, Family, Friends, Nature, the Planet and Universe, and even with Your Ego/Personality, but none of it Touches You, You can drop it in a second, and be fine with it, Emotions will rise, but what YOU are is not the Emotion or the Body or Mind, You "HAVE" Emotions, Body and Mind to use while here.. That is Enlightenment!!

No, it is not. 

1 minute ago, Evelyna said:

Possibly but I don’t know for sure. 

You are born, because you learn your birth, family, universe etc... you will die when you forget the stuff since your birth, including the birth. Death is the being before your birth. So when you die, you will go back where you come from, which is surrendering the entire stuff you have. That's all. 

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, James123 said:

Do you think enlightened person perception is like 5 meo experience? 

I'm not talking about 5meo, but about the total opening of the perception. It happens only with meditation in my experience . Sometimes happened to me just walking in the street, but always it's short, because the energetic pattern that my mind is closes it. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

I'm not talking about 5meo, but about the total opening of the perception. It happens only with meditation in my experience 

So you are right, those people even meditate during the day while acting, which mean is mind does not chat whatsoever. Such as Krishnamurti. I accept it brother, it is not easy whatsoever. It is simple but the most difficult mission in entire world.