VictorB02

From The States To Indonesia - A Spiritual Journey

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here are some photos from my adventure to Indonesia, after 40 hours of flying from the U.S.

I’m completely humbled and shocked at the experience thus far, and I’ve only been here a day! Some things that have stood out to me:

• Lot of fear and anxiety came up upon arrival last night, that has all since dissipated now that I have my bearings and surroundings down in the daytime.
  • I feel much safer here than I ever do in the US
  • The architecture is incredible 
  • The energy or “vibe” of this island is palpable. Everyone is friendly, even if they are busting their ass working.
  • Scent and fragrance caries a vibration 
  • It doesn't matter where you are "in the world", the work is the same. Consciousness IS WHAT IS. You are The Self. You are IT! And traveling will give you a deeper appreciation for your Isness, as well as your personal character.

This is a reminder to get out - explore - and see the world we all call Home!

It’s worth it.

(more photos to come)

IMG_4551.JPG

Outside my villa.

IMG_4550.JPG

Walking to main street

IMG_4549.JPG

Amazing coffee.

Edited by VictorB02
photo captions

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Posted (edited)

More photos:

IMG_4548.JPG

At the market. Picked up some sunscreen and charger for their native plugs. Clothing like shirts and shorts are only $4 USD per piece here!

IMG_4547.JPG

Incredible statues.

IMG_4546.JPG

Edited by VictorB02
Photo captions

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Sweet photos since i only been im europe. Im surprised there are not like 20 women fighting over you letting you take those pics 😏 got lucky.

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

Posted (edited)

Congratulations. I've lived there for 3.5 years and it's an amazing culture, though Java is quite different from Bali. 

Can't wait to visit SEA again soon and travel around for a year or so.

How long are you planning to stay? 

30.000idr ($3) for a coffee is crazy expensive tho, tourist prices. 

Edit: just googled and 30.000 idr is only $1.8 these days. Yay for inflation I guess. 

Edited by Butters

Of course. US is a very dangerous country. 

Great. Enjoy, learn, explore :D:D 

Looks awesome.

Any monkeys around?

22 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Sweet photos since i only been im europe. Im surprised there are not like 20 women fighting over you letting you take those pics 😏 got lucky.

Thanks, more coming soon.

And I sure did. Luckily they were all in my bed so I could take pictures in peace ;)

16 hours ago, Butters said:

Congratulations. I've lived there for 3.5 years and it's an amazing culture, though Java is quite different from Bali. 

Can't wait to visit SEA again soon and travel around for a year or so.

How long are you planning to stay? 

30.000idr ($3) for a coffee is crazy expensive tho, tourist prices. 

Edit: just googled and 30.000 idr is only $1.8 these days. Yay for inflation I guess. 

Thanks @Butters It's incredible here, honestly.

I'm going to extend my visa for the extra 30 days and then from there maybe Thailand or Vietnam? I'll probably roll the dice and go with the flow B|

And I am paying around 30.000 to 40.000 for a coffee, much cheaper than the $6 I was spending in the US, so yes - Yay for inflation! :D

16 hours ago, hyruga said:

Of course. US is a very dangerous country. 

Sadly, hopefully we can reunite in my lifetime like the people of Indonesia. They are so together here. No division or fighting. 

16 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

Great. Enjoy, learn, explore :D:D 

Indeed I will, thank you brother!

15 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Looks awesome.

Any monkeys around?

It's incredible. And not where I am staying but next week I will see some monkeys! I'll make sure to post pictures here :)

More photos:

5AAB3B8B-C3EC-4895-A9A1-FF01956F000B.JPG

The hindu influence is strong here. Beautiful architecture. 

03ECDD4A-698A-4B47-A5E7-9E112B05E814.JPG
Turtle sanctuary on Sanur Beach walk.

22FCD82A-2561-41FA-902F-E457BAF93986.JPG
Sanur Beach

E5B8EB11-6DD1-49FF-8274-F60EED1BE542.JPG
Beautiful sculptures everywhere.

FF855BE7-4AC1-4E85-8ACF-528BA111B037.JPG
We're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy!

E9F1538D-AB21-4BE4-9B0B-586EFFC24CD6.JPG
10/10 coffee - and Huxley was a True Mystic. This book is just incredible. If you are into Consciousness or Awakening, You'll love reading this. 

Here is an excerpt of my journey thus far:

Island of The Gods: Bali, Indonesia

I have been completely and totally humbled by my experience here in Indonesia. Coming from the states and having never travelled internationally I had no idea what to expect, but I knew this was a spiritual journey I had to take. I was being called and beckoned by the Universe to follow my intuition, even though my ego was creating a massive amount of fear around the idea of going. 

I contemplated and decided to go anyways. 

If I didn’t, who would I be? 

If I can’t even listen to my own intuitions and instincts, then what do I have? 

Am I even alive? 

No! 

I have to honor myself, or else my spiritual integrity will be broken. 

So I booked a flight. 

Upon arrival I faced a plethora more of difficult and unpleasant emotions, from anxiety and confusion, to pure existential terror. The ego was really throwing a fit, because this is as unknown as it gets - new continent, new country, completely solo - all firsts for me. But it wasn’t long before those feelings of division and anguish faded. 

All the years of spiritual practice, of observing and watching my internal environment, and of sinking back into my True Nature of Consciousness paid off. 

They really did.

I see and understand clearly that no border or geographical location can ever change or divide the Unified and Divine Reality that is shining and ever present in all places, things, and beings. 

No journey or trip, no matter how difficult or far, can change what I Am. 

We are One. 

We always have been, 

and we always will Be. 

When you look into the eyes of another being, what do you see? 

A man or a woman?

A young or old person? 

A certain race or religion? 

No, you see none of those things.

What you see is the One looking back, reminding you of your boundless Truth.

@VictorB02

On 2024-07-05 at 4:00 AM, VictorB02 said:

Here are some photos from my adventure to Indonesia, after 40 hours of flying from the U.S.

I’m completely humbled and shocked at the experience thus far, and I’ve only been here a day! Some things that have stood out to me:

• Lot of fear and anxiety came up upon arrival last night, that has all since dissipated now that I have my bearings and surroundings down in the daytime.
  • I feel much safer here than I ever do in the US
  • The architecture is incredible 
  • The energy or “vibe” of this island is palpable. Everyone is friendly, even if they are busting their ass working.
  • Scent and fragrance caries a vibration 
  • It doesn't matter where you are "in the world", the work is the same. Consciousness IS WHAT IS. You are The Self. You are IT! And traveling will give you a deeper appreciation for your Isness, as well as your personal character.

This is a reminder to get out - explore - and see the world we all call Home!

It’s worth it.

(more photos to come)

IMG_4551.JPG

Outside my villa.

IMG_4550.JPG

Walking to main street

IMG_4549.JPG

Amazing coffee.

Hey, congrats on visiting my mother country! Is this just a holiday or you planning on living there?

@VictorB02

17 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

Here is an excerpt of my journey thus far:

Island of The Gods: Bali, Indonesia

I have been completely and totally humbled by my experience here in Indonesia. Coming from the states and having never travelled internationally I had no idea what to expect, but I knew this was a spiritual journey I had to take. I was being called and beckoned by the Universe to follow my intuition, even though my ego was creating a massive amount of fear around the idea of going. 

I contemplated and decided to go anyways. 

If I didn’t, who would I be? 

If I can’t even listen to my own intuitions and instincts, then what do I have? 

Am I even alive? 

No! 

I have to honor myself, or else my spiritual integrity will be broken. 

So I booked a flight. 

Upon arrival I faced a plethora more of difficult and unpleasant emotions, from anxiety and confusion, to pure existential terror. The ego was really throwing a fit, because this is as unknown as it gets - new continent, new country, completely solo - all firsts for me. But it wasn’t long before those feelings of division and anguish faded. 

All the years of spiritual practice, of observing and watching my internal environment, and of sinking back into my True Nature of Consciousness paid off. 

They really did.

I see and understand clearly that no border or geographical location can ever change or divide the Unified and Divine Reality that is shining and ever present in all places, things, and beings. 

No journey or trip, no matter how difficult or far, can change what I Am. 

We are One. 

We always have been, 

and we always will Be. 

When you look into the eyes of another being, what do you see? 

A man or a woman?

A young or old person? 

A certain race or religion? 

No, you see none of those things.

What you see is the One looking back, reminding you of your boundless Truth.

That's some great spiritually non-dual sounding points, like a more excited Leo!😁

Anyways I will say Indonesia is a great place for holidays, in certain places and Islands obviously, and if you know what you're doing and speak the language, it's also a good place to live long term. Just gotta know how to handle the heat and humidity there. Was from there myself in my childhood years, had plenty of good experiences. Only had a few bad ones, one in particular of supernatural/paranormal nature which unfortunately made the magical experiences there not so magical, if you know what I mean.

So beautiful. I’m probably gonna go next summer to do some volunteering and meet some locals. Enjoy it ! 

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@VictorB02

Hey, congrats on visiting my mother country! Is this just a holiday or you planning on living there?

i plan on living here as long as possible but will most likely go back to the states towards the end of the year, we will see :) 

Posted (edited)

@VictorB02

That's some great spiritually non-dual sounding points, like a more excited Leo!😁

Leo is Truth.

I am Truth.

Just different expressions of the Absolute.

;)

@VictorB02

Anyways I will say Indonesia is a great place for holidays, in certain places and Islands obviously, and if you know what you're doing and speak the language, it's also a good place to live long term. Just gotta know how to handle the heat and humidity there. Was from there myself in my childhood years, had plenty of good experiences. Only had a few bad ones, one in particular of supernatural/paranormal nature which unfortunately made the magical experiences there not so magical, if you know what I mean.

And yes I love it here, the humidity and heat is so nice because where I live in the states it gets so so cold. I needed this tropical lifestyle change! 

And I’m curious to hear more about your supernatural experience, if you don’t mind? Because I’ve definitely sensed something like that here. Not necessarily a bad energy or good just different in essence. I can feel it.

Edited by VictorB02

47 minutes ago, integration journey said:

So beautiful. I’m probably gonna go next summer to do some volunteering and meet some locals. Enjoy it ! 

Awesome, you will love it here.

Thank you! 

Any thoughts of going to Thailand, Malaysia or Vietnam? I want to visit those countries too 

Don't skip out in exploring the ocean. You're in the Coral Triangle, one of the most biodiverse marine ecosystems on the planet.
Immerse yourself in a true alien environment B|. Try some snorkelling, scuba or free diving. Go swim with some Whale Sharks, that will be a life changing experience.

@VictorB02 Same when I had my visit to my Homeland Brazil. I think if people get to long in a single place some kind of corrosion happens in their mind. I call it " The provincian dis-ease". Consciousness desire to explore itself. 

@Rafael Thundercat

On 2024-07-07 at 8:23 AM, Rafael Thundercat said:

@VictorB02 Same when I had my visit to my Homeland Brazil. I think if people get to long in a single place some kind of corrosion happens in their mind. I call it " The provincian dis-ease". Consciousness desire to explore itself. 

Been to Brazil too, good place and loved the Brazilian grill restaurants there. Sunshine and humidity was bit much, got so bad I had to roll around the apartment floor to soak in as much cold as possible.