Shodburrito

Solipsism. It's not that hard.

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am tired of everyone on here debating over solipsism is true or not. The problem is most people are not creating clear definitions of the terms we are talking about.

I am not trying to be mean but a lot of people on here are not equipped to be talking about a topic like this. People on here keep saying some post along the lines like this “Bro no one exists except you! You are God therefore only you exists!”

Of course, only God exists, we get it. An infinite being which encompasses everything, is everything, and has no limitations. Anything you imagine, including your friends and family, is included in this definition of God. But, just because God is everything does not mean that there cannot be separate conscious experiences occurring which you are not aware of.

People on this forum think that because God is everything, it = their conscious experience is the only conscious experience occurring = solipsism is true. Well if you phrase it as “everything is God and therefore there is only me!” of course solipsism is true.

But this is grossly misinterpreted by nearly everyone on here. Just because God is all that exists does not mean that you are the only limited conscious experience of reality that is occurring. It is entirely possible and in fact inevitable that there are conscious experiences occurring that you are not aware of. Why? Because if you say that there cannot be other conscious experiences occurring that you are not aware of, then you are placing a limitation on God. God is limitless and completely sovereign. Of course, God can imagine billions of different conscious experiences that are simultaneously occurring that yet are unaware of other peoples’ conscious experiences.

It’s not that hard and I am tired of people thinking this is such a difficult topic. It's honestly not that profound either.

Edit: i forgot to mention how debating over this is also a waste of time. It's really not going to improve your life and, in fact, it will damage many mentally unstable people, possibly including yourself. It's doing more harm then good. I get some on here just want to pursue Truth, but sometimes people need to be more careful before sharing their unfleshed-out ideas.

Edited by Shodburrito

@Shodburrito Well Said.. 

People that say "I am the Only One that Exists" are only saying and experiencing it this way because they have Huge Ego, its very satisfying, and even a bit Fulfilling to experience Life this way, "Hey I'm the Only thing that exists, I am making all this Up and Its Fantastic, Horrible, Grand, Complex, bla bla bla", they get off on it, but its puts them further away from what the Truth Is, they just don't realize it...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Ya good point. this is interesting and important to share. 

Bullshit.  Solipsism is the deepest awakening. You're simply not awake enough. Back to the drawing board. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

It is quite obvious that my field of consciousness is limited. I'm looking at a phone and thinking about solipsism. This is infinite and eternal reality? obviously not, it's just a small part of it.

Another thing is that this particle of consciousness contains the totality, since any part of the infinite is the total infinite, but it contains it as a potential, as an absolute essence. here and now the absolute total, but the field of consciousness is limited. then, there are other fields of consciousness, which are also the total absolute, but have another part of the form.

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Bullshit.  Solipsism is the deepest awakening. You're simply not awake enough. Back to the drawing board. 

Hahaha oh here we go, the dreamer arguing with his npcs 😆 

-1/12 is Infinity 

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is quite obvious that my field of consciousness is limited. I'm looking at a phone and thinking about solipsism. This is infinite and eternal reality? obviously not, it's just a small part of it.

Another thing is that this particle of consciousness contains the totality, since any part of the infinite is the total infinite, but it contains it as a potential, as an absolute essence. here and now the absolute total, but the field of consciousness is limited. then, there are other fields of consciousness, which are also the total absolute, but have another part of the form.

Yes, fractals and stuff. All things in the universe rhyme and all life exhibits similarities, from spiral galaxies to the human body, to the flowers, we share the same golden ratio.

I know your isness and the bee's isness and my isness are the same, but all 3 of those experiences are completely different. Yet we share this one Isness Being, but being is not an experience. Most Solipsist are confused, as they confuse what they are in essense with their experience and we will have arguments.

-1/12 is Infinity 

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

Hahaha oh here we go, the dreamer arguing with his npcs 😆 

Well..there is no one there but me ..I'm fully conscious of that..nothing else to do..I'm all alone by myself. :D

But seriously..what is called "solipsism " is just the radical extension of nonduality &oneness to its ultimate conclusion. 

without your  consciousness nothing exists .this is an axiom that cannot be denied in a fucking zillion years .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

8 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Yes, fractals and stuff. All things in the universe rhyme and all life exhibits similarities, from spiral galaxies to the human body, to the flowers, we share the same golden ratio.

I know your isness and the bee's isness and my isness are the same, but all 3 of those experiences are completely different. Yet we share this one Isness Being, but being is not an experience. Most Solipsist are confused, as they confuse what they are in essense with their experience and we will have arguments.

All that and all what Breakingthewall is saying is intellectual games. Not lucidity of your own sovereignty as a solipsistic bubble of Aloneness. 100% direct consciousness .

57 minutes ago, Someone here said:

All that and all what Breakingthewall is saying is intellectual games. Not lucidity of your own sovereignty as a solipsistic bubble of Aloneness. 100% direct consciousness .

Do you deny the isness of the subconscious under the surface of consciousness? 

If you were conscious of everything right now you wouldn't be able to operate in this world. 

-1/12 is Infinity 

10 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Do you deny the isness of the subconscious under the surface of consciousness? 

Yes I do ,easily. 

10 minutes ago, Dodo said:

If you were conscious of everything right now you wouldn't be able to operate in this world.

Why ?

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes I do ,easily. 

Why ?

Its beyond obvious, you need to be small and limited in order to hone in and execute small tasks, seeing everything in great detail and being able to interact with things. 

For a bee to polinate a flower, to a man shmoozing a girl, there are myriads of completely different things that can be done in reality, and you are not conscious of all of them. What you are given is one alive being, you have no conscious control over the bees for example.

You don't even have full conscious control of your own body. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo see my thread I posted right now .

Posted (edited)

@Someone here

Does the conductor (conscious mind) control the orchestra (unconscious mind) or the orchestra control the conductor?

Is there only an orchestra, or only a conductor? If you want good music, you need both. Only orchestra will be disorganised, only conductor will be silent.

One needs the other to get the music! The conductor is one and small, but very important, the orchestra is large and powerful, but in need of guidance. 

Ying and Yang should not be stirred into a homogenous mess. You need the contrast between conscious and unconscious.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

@Someone here

Does the conductor (conscious mind) control the orchestra (unconscious mind) or the orchestra control the conductor?

Is there only an orchestra, or only a conductor? If you want good music, you need both. Only orchestra will be disorganised, only conductor will be silent.

One needs the other to get the music! The conductor is one and small, but very important, the orchestra is large and powerful, but in need of guidance. 

Ying and Yang should not be stirred into a homogenous mess. You need the contrast between conscious and unconscious.

There is no such thing as unconscious. You are imagining unconsciousness using consciousness right now .there is no disputing this obvious fact . Just check your direct experience and see what you are actually doing vs what you are conceptualizing about aka imagining. 

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is no such thing as unconscious. You are imagining unconsciousness using consciousness right now .there is no disputing this obvious fact . Just check your direct experience and see what you are actually doing vs what you are conceptualizing about aka imagining. 

Thats your hearsay. I have no proof that I am creating the unconscious/subconscious. 

Conscious and unconscious should be seen like the 2 sides of the same coin and the coin can never have only one side. 

One side of the coin doesn't create the other. They are both created simultaneously, or always exist simultaneously without the need of creation.

Ofcourse when you experience parts of the unconscious, they become conscious, but now other things continue to be unconscious outside of your reach. By definition. And you ignore it only because you can never experience it. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Someone here simple exercise to prove my point

Think of a pink parrot.  Where was the image of a pink parrot before it surfaced to the conscious mind? Now pink parrot is consciously imagined, but while that is conscious, where is the red, white and green parrot? 

Now you thought of those red, white and green parrot and forget about the pink parrot. The pink parrot image has returned to the vast dark unconscious and you focus the light of consciousness  only on the parrots you decide to be conscious of.

The other images are readily available in the deep dark unconscious for the powerful light of consciousness to access. 

-1/12 is Infinity 

5 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Thats your hearsay. I have no proof that I am creating the unconscious/subconscious. 

No you have . Right now ..you ..are ..imagining in your thoughts (conscious mind )..the concept of ..unconscious.

got it ?

7 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Conscious and unconscious should be seen like the 2 sides of the same coin and the coin can never have only one side. 

One side of the coin doesn't create the other. They are both created simultaneously, or always exist simultaneously without the need of creation.

Everything relative has an opposite . But the absolute has no opposite. And consciousness is the absolute .because HERE IT IS.

Ofcourse when you experience parts of the unconscious, they become conscious, but now other things continue to be unconscious outside of your reach. By definition. And you ignore it only because you can never experience it. 

You've answered your own question. 

Posted (edited)

@Someone here simple exercise to prove my point

Think of a pink parrot.  Where was the image of a pink parrot before it surfaced to the conscious mind? Now pink parrot is consciously imagined, but while that is conscious, where is the red, white and green parrot? 

Now you thought of those red, white and green parrot and forget about the pink parrot. The pink parrot image has returned to the vast dark unconscious and you focus the light of consciousness  only on the parrots you decide to be conscious of.

The other images are readily available in the deep dark unconscious for the powerful light of consciousness to access. 

All that shows is that you are conscious of something when it's happening but not when it is yet to be created .

Thoughts are not "stored " in some platonic ideal fantasy world and you pull them to your consciousness.  That's false .

Consciousness imagines a thought out of thin air .

Edited by Someone here

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

All that shows is that you are conscious of something when it's happening but not when it is yet to be created .

Thoughts are not "stored " in some platonic ideal fantasy world and you pull them to your consciousness.  That's false .

Consciousness imagines a thought out of thin air .

Again this is hearsay. 

As said by Leo in one of his profound videos, not in his exact words, but along the lines of 0 is like a zip file that contains everything, its not nothing / thin air, it is everything condensed

With a math map this is true, so I trust it. Think of all numbers from negative to positive infinity, now if we add them all up, we get 0. Ofcourse its tricky adding infinite series, but you can see that every negative number has a positive counterpart, and cancel out. 

-1/12 is Infinity