Will1125

Wait you believe others peoples exist?

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

While you can't prove it? Are you crazy ???

A solipsist is more rationnal than a non solipsist at least he believes what he is sure which his own consciousness

Edited by Will1125

It is easy to prove that it is false. Today I spoke with my cousin. In the infinity of unlimited existence, how many chances are there that it will never, in all of infinity, happen that reality is my cousin speaking to me today? 0%?

Is it also not possible that reality could infinitely avoid being your cousin speaking to you today and it was just a hallucination? Or you as reality completely and utterly imagining it ever happened in the first place? Just a thought to ponder

I spoke to someone today, they definitely existed.

As with any of this type of thing it all comes down to definitions. Even a solipsist can admit others exist, they just don't believe that others are not themselves. Existence is flexible and depends on what paradigm your using.

57% paranoid

Posted (edited)

People aren't beliefs, or logic which can be proved and quantified. None of reality is, actually. Wake up, you're in the map! 

1 hour ago, Will1125 said:

A solipsist is more rationnal than a non solipsist at least he believes what he is sure which his own consciousness

The belief in non-existence has nothing to do with consciousness. It's just someone who likes doodling on a map saying "this doesn't exist, that doesn't exist, this isn't real, that isn't real, I cant wait to reach the ultimate description of reality through this map!"

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

Do you believe that other people do not exist? That is not true either.

I don’t believe in solipsism, I believe in reality.

You are surely screwed if your authority is based on any person.

11 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

Is it also not possible that reality could infinitely avoid being your cousin speaking to you today and it was just a hallucination? Or you as reality completely and utterly imagining it ever happened in the first place? Just a thought to ponder

If the reality never was my cousin talking to me, it would be limited to being everything except my cousin talking to me, so it would be finite, since my cousin talking to me is a potential possibility. 

But what about if it’s so infinite, that it just never ever makes it to being the point of your cousin talking to you? It is a potential but does it really ever have to be actualized? I mean you havn’t actualized it. You’ve actualized being on the receiving end maybe, but not vice versa. So how do you know this doesn’t just remain as pure potential of taking the actual stand point of your cousin. It’s being your cousin talking to you that is the finite aspect. The mere fact that reality is infinite suggests that it may never ever get round to being your cousin. Or it could suggest that you’re correct and it has absolutely no choice to be your cousin.

Im not claiming it to be here one way or another. It’s just you seem so sold on your position I’m just throwing out a few potential scenarios that might relax your mind on your position and become a tad more open minded on the subject of solipsism and other people. I don’t think you’ve proved anything to be honest

13 hours ago, Will1125 said:

While you can't prove it? Are you crazy ???

Is not about belief. Is about understanding that others is not a concept inside your mind. They either exist or not. 

If they exist in your experience, you do not have to believe it. They just do. 

You believe that you exist?

Where is your proof?

6 hours ago, hyruga said:

Where is your proof?

My own awereness

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

But what about if it’s so infinite, that it just never ever makes it to being the point of your cousin talking to you? It is a potential but does it really ever have to be actualized? I mean you havn’t actualized it. You’ve actualized being on the receiving end maybe, but not vice versa. So how do you know this doesn’t just remain as pure potential of taking the actual stand point of your cousin. It’s being your cousin talking to you that is the finite aspect. The mere fact that reality is infinite suggests that it may never ever get round to being your cousin. Or it could suggest that you’re correct and it has absolutely no choice to be your cousin.

Im not claiming it to be here one way or another. It’s just you seem so sold on your position I’m just throwing out a few potential scenarios that might relax your mind on your position and become a tad more open minded on the subject of solipsism and other people. I don’t think you’ve proved anything to be honest

Well, agree, it is impossible to understand infinity. If absolutely everything has happened infinite times, then infinity has ended, so it would be finite. Being infinite, it never reaches its end, but since it has always existed, it has had eternal time to reach any end, but this does not occur even in eternal time, since it is infinite. in short, impossible to understand. 

Anyway if my cousin was there talking, seems that the infinity reached that point, but it's just a mental construction, same than solipsism. The solipsism prove one thing: i am. But can't prove the other thing: the other isn't. The no solipsism proves that the other appears, and since looks very similar than you, and you are, probably he is. No more can be known in both cases, so better forget it. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Exist means to stand out. What stands out?

Know thyself....

Does your car exist when it's in the garage and you're in your house?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Does your car exist when it's in the garage and you're in your house?

I don’t have a garage… but some of my other neighbors do :/

On 7/3/2024 at 4:14 PM, Breakingthewall said:

It is easy to prove that it is false. Today I spoke with my cousin. In the infinity of unlimited existence, how many chances are there that it will never, in all of infinity, happen that reality is my cousin speaking to me today? 0%?

lol, what sort of logic is that?

You experienced you talking to your cousin. That’s what happened actually. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

10 hours ago, hyruga said:

Where is your proof?

My existence is actually one thing which can’t be proven, but requires not proof as it is what is. I can’t prove to another that I exist, because my perception of the other is actually myself. 
So, I exist because I say I do. I Exist because I am. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"