bebotalk

Everybody is a hypocrite....

59 posts in this topic

This statement has always seemed too blanket IMHO.

Inconsistency isn't hypocrisy.

And some people are more hypocritical than others. 

It seems saying "everybody is a hypocrite" is just a projection by people who are very hypocritical. 

And because "everybody" is something, it doesn't mean that it's a good thing or something that shouldn't be critiqued. "everybody" lies in some fashion, but most say lying is wrong. 

The term is definitely being overused for gaslighting, but there is truth to the statement. Survival entails hypocrisy. Of course, blanket statements, such as “everybody” remove the nuance of degrees. The hypocrisy of a narcissist vs. a conscious individual is vastly different.

34 minutes ago, Ero said:

The term is definitely being overused for gaslighting, but there is truth to the statement. Survival entails hypocrisy. Of course, blanket statements, such as “everybody” remove the nuance of degrees. The hypocrisy of a narcissist vs. a conscious individual is vastly different.

Survival involves bending rules, perhaps. But this isn't the same as hypocrisy.

Hi Bebotalk

if I understand correctly  you are talking about a definition you hold of the word ''hypocrite'' ? What if you didn't have this definition in your own personal translation system or change its meaning? you can have an opinion , sure, I ask how well does this opinion serve you? is it useful to you and is it effective in your life?  Energy flows where attention goes, I think if we was to agree that everyone is a hypocrite , then so what? we all grow and learn in different ways all knowledge isn't taught in the same school, isn't it more important for you to be who you prefer to be then worry about other peoples opinions?  at the end of the day even if someone presents hypocrisy and you notice it, it has nothing to do with you but to do with them. The circumstances shouldn't determine your own state of being. I like to play a little game in my mind when I come across a very hypocritical person where I say to myself:  be who you chose to be and im staying where I am, in my own lovely bubble. It can only bother you if you let it bother you. 

thanks for your reply. I dont have a temple and I dont really understand what has made you so angry about my reply. I'm sorry if you felt like I am lecturing you this wasnt my intention.  we all have the right of opinion and I respect your point of view and I promise I won't reply again to any off your posts.  I have just expressed my opinions, thats all ,  you absolutely have all right to not agree with it at all. 

just a point more:

my reading comprehension is just fine , you did not need to try and insult me , bu that is your choice to try so and thats fine with me, thank you again for you reply to my comment.

All the best.  

4 minutes ago, Evelyna said:

thanks for your reply. I dont have a temple and I dont really understand what has made you so angry about my reply. I'm sorry if you felt like I am lecturing you this wasnt my intention.  we all have the right of opinion and I respect your point of view and I promise I won't reply again to any off your posts.  I have just expressed my opinions, thats all ,  you absolutely have all right to not agree with it at all. 

just a point more:

my reading comprehension is just fine , you did not need to try and insult me , bu that is your choice to try so and thats fine with me, thank you again for you reply to my comment.

All the best.  

When I saw your comment up top, I knew it wouldn't go well. All I'll say is, thank you for being you, we need more people like you in this world. You exude grace and elegance in the way you speak and I can tell the people around you are blessed to have you in their life. I took your comment up top as being wise and it being a powerful message.

Know thyself....

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

When I saw your comment up top, I knew it wouldn't go well. All I'll say is, thank you for being you, we need more people like you in this world. You exude grace and elegance in the way you speak and I can tell the people around you are blessed to have you in their life. I took your comment up top as being wise and it being a powerful message.

That is such a kind thing to say, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have just joined the forum , being of older age I thought it might definitely be interesting, it is actually the first forum I have ever joined. Thanks again for your wonderful words :) hope to converse with you more. 

Just now, Evelyna said:

That is such a kind thing to say, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have just joined the forum , being of older age I thought it might definitely be interesting, it is actually the first forum I have ever joined. Thanks again for your wonderful words :) hope to converse with you more. 

You're Welcome! Most of us here are kind and loving; and, on behalf of all of us here, we welcome you and are happy to have you. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

To All Moderators: 

I have to speak up. This is unacceptable. Yes, we all have our moments. Yes, once I told this user to go "f" himself. Once I got a no point warning for making a sarcastic comment about his behavior and the kind of posts he makes. If I get another warning because of this comment, I don't care. I didn't agree with the warning I got saying i was trolling and gaslighting, but I took it in grace. 

This is the type of personal attacks that is leashed upon a new member. These are the types of languages allowed here and these are the types of members one will get a warning point for. For trolling a troll. I will not sit around and be a part of a forum any longer that will allow these kinds of members to be a part of it, and on top of that give respectable members warning points against these trollers that CONSTANTLY makes hatred posts and disrespect it's members.

Do you see the VERY respectable comment that was made to him by @Evelyna and the nasty and disrespectful response that he gave. Then she respectfully responded and another nasty and disrespectful comment again.

This user is a constant menace and I cannot sit around and not say anything anymore. If you want to give me another warning for speaking up, go ahead. I already spoke up about another one awhile back who spoke about murdering women and he has not been back since. So I know sometimes speaking up is the right thing to do.

This user has gotten away with plenty and it will only get worse because he sees how he can. He gets defended and is allowed to constantly curse and insult. I don't know if what I'm doing is the right thing or not, but I just cannot let this one go by without addressing it. 

For some reason I cannot tag the mods names, so I hope atleast one of you sees this.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

3 hours ago, bebotalk said:

Survival involves bending rules, perhaps. But this isn't the same as hypocrisy.

I am interested to hear what rules you are referring to. I am personally referring to a slightly larger frame of reference, similar to the one Leo uses when speaking of Survival as a fundamental mechanism of retaining a particular state of consciousness.

When I choose to eat, I kill plants and animals. When I walk, I step on insects and fungi. When I live, part of society, I participate in the extermination of ecosystems and possibly even other societies, even if unwillingly.

If we use the definition of hypocrisy as "a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess", I think you can agree that survival is necessarily a hypocritical endeavor, because whatever set of moral beliefs I choose, they will necessarily be hypocritical due to the nature of existing as an organism. I personally have no qualms with it and the extent to which I can control my effect on the world

Btw, I don't believe @Evelyna was belittling you or being antagonizing. She didn't call you "stupid", a "sap", nor did she call herself a "social expert". I believe you can engage in a more civil manner, without being this combative. Of course, it is your own choice, but don't expect people to engage if this is the way you speak to others. 

4 minutes ago, Ero said:

Of course, it is your own choice,

Yes, its a choice to be rude and belittling but shouldn't be allowed; especially in this crude manner.

Know thyself....

53 minutes ago, Evelyna said:

thanks for your reply. I dont have a temple and I dont really understand what has made you so angry about my reply.

It had nothing to do with you. Everyone gets the same response from him. Welcome to the club :D

You cannot love what you need. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

It had nothing to do with you. Everyone gets the same response from him. Welcome to the club :D

Please, this is a new member he's speaking to like that and a very respectable one at that too, and this shouldn't be a laughing matter that just gets swept under the rug any longer. This is absurd. The only warning I ever got on this forum was for this............i don't even want to say because I'll get another if I do.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Please, this is a new member he's speaking to like that and a very respectable one at that too, and this shouldn't be a laughing matter that just gets swept under the rug any longer. This is absurd. The only warning I ever got on this forum was for this............i don't even want to say because I'll get another if I do.

I hear you. I would like to see a more wholesome behavior as well. Not sure if warning points would help tho. Good thing I'm not a mod who has to make decisions. :D

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, bebotalk said:

Your temple teaches bad values then, since i bet you don't have the balls to teach this to all, just to people who appear "weak". let's see who is "weak" then loooool.

Insidious people like you, who lack any real mental sense or social skills, amuse me greatly. Fuck you, coward. 

bro you appear so catastrophically weak right now, and you did it to yourself lol.

Evelyna just owned you by calmly discussing the topic while you spin in circles freaking out

32 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

This user is a constant menace

I'm sorry but that's such a funny sentence

It's Love.

2 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

I'm sorry but that's such a funny sentence

I'm sorry, I forgot to laugh.

Know thyself....

Laughing is important. Otherwise you become serious. And seriousness is death hormone. 

@Evelyna I see that you are new here. What you had to endure was not characteristic of this forum.

Don't let it stop you from engaging with anyone else. Nost people are nice here.

@Evelyna I second what @Princess Arabia and @Bobby_2021 said. Thank you for sharing your time with us, please don't let this interaction sway your opinion of the forum. The people who cannot appreciate guidance and are only antagonizing do not stay for long.