Chadders

Spiritual guidance needed

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I had an insight recently on LSD but I feel it is incomplete

We can pretty much all agree that the past and future is imagined since it is only in the form of thought and thought is ultimately a product of mostly unconscious manifestation that is illusionary 

However, I feel there is a difference in quality and understanding between saying that the past doesn’t exist and the past never existed. So I never actually went out to the shops a moment ago. It literally did not happen

This was along the lines of the insight that I was getting but again it wasn’t complete as I was coming down from the trip. Because on the one hand your life is infinite moments so in this respect, that moment did exist as a moment? Or did it if as my insight seem to be eluding to, that actually that moment never even existed. Perhaps it’s like saying it may as well never have existed because it only remains as a thought but that is different from saying it actually never happened

Hope this makes some sense. Spiritual guidance from the wise needed 

Edited by Chadders

the past exist, in your mind. But your mind exist. The existence of your mind is the same of the existence of a stone or anything else, only that it's not material, its a pattern that works in another dimension, like waves, but solid, real. The thing is perceiving the pattern, understand the ego mind, then you see that the past is something that is happening in the present 

Posted (edited)

Leo has answered this you just made it up. Yea you went to the grocery store but you are just making up that you went to the grocery store from this current frame of existence, this frame of existence is the only frame that has ever existed and you are making up your entire life from this current frame of existence the only one that has ever existed. The entire story is constantly held on one frame the only one that exists. There is no such thing as time. Like you have been sitting in a future state making up memories about doing something but its right now.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

It really depends on your state of consciousness. If you are in a human state of consciousness then the past is real for you because the human state imagines it so deeply. But if you become radically conscious then that whole human reality will melt away.

If you imagine something deeply enough it becomes your reality. Until you stop.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Your memory isn't actually describing something that happened in the past because descriptions don't happen in the past. That is an assumption about the memory. Descriptions happen now, not in the past. Physical objects aren't perceived in the past, like a shop. Look at your memory, it is comprised of physical appearances (a shop) which must have happened now.

Thought says "I experienced that in the past" but it is always relative to now. The actual experience of a shop doesn't happen in the past. You have only ever experienced thinking now, not thinking in the past. 

Your entire life has always been a single continuous "now", including thoughts about the past or whatever else.

Describe a thought.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But if you become radically conscious then that whole human reality will melt away.

The degrees of freedom as one scales up is what fascinates me greatly. My intuition is it wouldn't be a single "consciousness nob" that determines the access to the "source code" per the fact that there are people with human-level consciousness exercising greater control over the dream (Talbot's anecdotes) over say your personal experience of extreme consciousness but very little effect on the present dream. I imagine it something like a fractal tree, one that you can scale at the stem in a fashion similar to yours, or one can explore the many branches, each revealing a different metaphysical aspect : the illusion of time leading to premonitions and/or regressions, the illusion of distance - telepathy and so on. Either way, the higher you go, the more fluid the dream becomes to a point where you can no longer sustain its "frequency", having ascended too high (Mahasamadhi) 

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It really depends on your state of consciousness. If you are in a human state of consciousness then the past is real for you because the human state imagines it so deeply. But if you become radically conscious then that whole human reality will melt away.

If you imagine something deeply enough it becomes your reality. Until you stop.

OK hold up, so are there levels to human states of consciousness and then some tier 2 happens and there's again stages of God consciousness? 

Can you explain how you see this? 

Edited by Butters

past present future is colored by ego, you see through rose colored spectacles or in many cases rage colored spectacles

you have never seen here now

worse still you tell yourself, my perception is perfect

meanwhile god is here now and has never known a reality you claim to experience

Posted (edited)

There are multiple perspectives one could take. Here are some that came up.

The present is eternal and beyond time and it is a continuous, not a pum🔨 but an Ommmmmmm🌊

From this everpresent wave of existence, your mind is like a canvas and while interacting with reality it leaves footprints 👣 of experience. In the present moment, we interpret like hieroglyphics this impressions and we create "the past". The longer these footprints last and the more accurate they are, the better memory I have.

Does this make sense?

This is how memory and past creation operates in the human state.

Moreover, there are transhuman states. Such states can include, not knowing where you are, at all. You don't even know how you got to where you are sitting. You don't know how to return home or if you have a home or what is even home? You don't know if there is anything outside the room or what you can experience. If you are in a little room, like a toilet, it may feel like that 1 square meter is all there is to existence, it becomes universal. At this point the past becomes melty🫠 you don't know what happened to you, if anything happened, you have false memories that you would swear they happened but conventionally speaking they didn't. Even a complete disruption ⛓️ with the past, like a broken chain, the past moment falls to be connected inside the cause and effect paradigm and what can be is not restricted by anything prior but becomes law into itself.

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Everyone is only ever conscious of the present moment but they typically do believe that the past is real. Believing the past is real helps you understand what is happening now. What could happen that would allow someone to know with their direct experience that the past is real or not real? It seems there is no way to know it because they only are conscious of now. What would change in your life if the past was real vs the past never existing? If it is the same either way then maybe there is not much to be gained by believing one over the other. Develop your understanding without letting concepts like "the past is real" or "the past never existed" get in your way. If you do not know then realize you do not know and experience reality in different ways until you understand it coming from many perspectives. 

The past existed, the confusion is over what you mean by exist. For example, the past doesn't exist in the same way the present does. If you think about your episodic memories they are nebulous and low quality (and many probably wrong), and very much like a dream - it's another type of existence. Materially, the past is always concertinaed into the present, with clues everywhere, but even that is a different sort of existence than "the present moment". For example around the corner from here are streets lined with Edwardian houses: evidence of existence of a past, but it's actually the present - I have to reconstruct a past from what I see now, a reconstructed type of existence.

57% paranoid

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Butters said:

OK hold up, so are there levels to human states of consciousness and then some tier 2 happens and there's again stages of God consciousness? 

Can you explain how you see this? 

Something like that.

There's just many different states of consciousness some of which are the typical human ones. And humans occupy not one state but a range of states. The further you go outside that range the less human you become.

States are not necessarily more conscious, they could just be a different in quality. But some are more conscious, and some are less.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

What would change in your life if the past was real vs the past never existing? If it is the same either way then maybe there is not much to be gained by believing one over the other.

Maybe how people deal with trauma and other past baggage. Might help to speed up the process of healing. Not sure.

Know thyself....

@Chadders

What did or did not happen will ever elude you but when you look back or project it takes a nebulous cloud and condenses it into a story that you recall, as it's recalled. What that is is consciousness, which is your gift. But as for when it happened, this is a contrivance. It exists, but not only in the way you remember it. 

Of course the past is illusion.  Try pointing to it and see how it goes .you'd be pointing to a memory which is something that takes place in the present. 

The mindfuck of course is that even the present is illusory. Because it slips through your hands and turn into past continuously. Which I just demonstrated that its illusion. 

The key Is to realize that all of reality is illusion. Then you are happy 😊 .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

40 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Or maybe this makes you upset..dunno.

For me personally discovering that existence is one big optical illusion is mercy and liberation. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Some useful perspectives to digest. Thanks

On 7/4/2024 at 1:46 PM, Someone here said:

How do you know all reality is an illusion? And even if it is why would it make you happy?

11 hours ago, Jehovah increases said:

How do you know all reality is an illusion? And even if it is why would it make you happy?

I became conscious that there is no difference between real life and a dream . I'm done with that distinction. It can't be unseen.

It would make you happy because you realize all of your problems and worries are illusory  .

Thanks for the question. 

Posted (edited)

For Creation and Reality as we perceive it via the 5 senses, we need for sure a past, this is what Karma is based on, the residual effect of all actions from the past, that comes up in the present moment and makes You into what  You are experiencing right now.. No Karma no Existence, No Creation...

The key to dealing with Karma is: 1)Live Now absolutely, that does not mean neglecting past/memory or future/imagination, just don't identify or live in those places emotionally, this is key, both past and future do not exist, only NOW exists, focus on NOW and Life Experience changes, but don't be stupid and lose all awareness of past/future..2) Respond to NOW Consciously, rather than react Compulsively, Responding gives You Free Will..3)Accept all that IS as it IS, this moment is Inevitable as it is right now, if You can accept it, then Your open to what may happen in the future, if you do not accept it, then your a slave to the past events and karma...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru