Sugarcoat

my horrible situation that is almost too outlandish to write about

83 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Do some volunteering then. Where you have to care for others. 

how would that help? what I mean by self centered brain is one that has constant attention inward onto itself kind of, that default won't change

3 hours ago, Ulax said:

Could be dissociation

how could dissociation cause an almost total loss of 3d depth perception to the enviroment?

I mean I picked up on that feeling of emptyness inside you before. That dissociation. It could a lost soul/trapped soul phenomena. Where because of some traumas or pain a soul dissociates from the body in order to avoid the pain and then doesn't return fully. 

Did you experience anything traumatic before these simptoms appeared? 

no trauma no

There could be more than one explanation to it. I'm telling you, unless you're the next Ramana Maharshi, it's not the ego dissolution at play. 

you have an assumption about how self dissolution works. In my experience constant attention on the self facilitates most of it for me. What else would cause a near total loss of 3d depth perception?

Rupert is talking on attention on the Self. With the capital S. That means to focus on beyond the ego. 

how do you know that?

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

If you want to feel connected to the self. Connect to your heart. When you connect to your heart you won't feel flat or empty. You will feel full, complete, all pervasive etc. And it will organize and harmonize your brain activity aswell

how would that look practically. because im talking some kind of physical disconnection in the brain thats why exercise which creates a kind of expansion/growth thing builds it back. nothing else does it in my experience not dancing either as you mentioned

thanks for the replies nonetheless y'all

I mean I picked up on that feeling of emptyness inside you before. That dissociation. It could a lost soul/trapped soul phenomena. Where because of some traumas or pain a soul dissociates from the body in order to avoid the pain and then doesn't return fully. 

Did you experience anything traumatic before these simptoms appeared? 

no trauma no

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

how would that help? what I mean by self centered brain is one that has constant attention inward onto itself kind of, that default won't change

Volunteering is all about shifting your attention from being ego centric to being all-centric. It connects you to the heart that heals all things. 

Edited by Salvijus

If you identify with the body, self esteem issues will be inevitable. 

you have an assumption about how self dissolution works. In my experience constant attention on the self facilitates most of it for me. What else would cause a near total loss of 3d depth perception?

Maybe some dissociation disorder.

It's worth contemplating alternative answers to the problem. Because your current conclusions are not very solid (in my view at least) 

Yup, no one can help you, it's up on you...

Maybe the sooner you make the connection between healthy lifestyle and mental-health, the sooner you will feel better.

Posted (edited)

how would that look practically

Volunteering, art, loving relationships. Do something you're passionate about. Something that ignites your heart with fire 🔥

Say more Yes to life. Don't close yourself in a cubicle. It will suffocate the heart and make dissociation worse.

Meds cause dissociation/disconnect from the self aswell. Maybe consider some herbal brain tonics instead. Like gotu kola and brahmi.

Or just do volunteering. Try it. It won't make sense until you try it. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Rupert is talking on attention on the Self. With the capital S. That means to focus on beyond the ego. 

how do you know that?

Bruh... 

I just know things (because I'm awesome. :D) 

Edited by Salvijus

Even your theory that self centerness is related to your brains is a flaw in and of itself. 

Here's the proof your brains have nothing to do with your personality and where your attention resides. 

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Even your theory that self centerness is related to your brains is a flaw in and of itself. 

Here's the proof your brains have nothing to do with your personality and where your attention resides. 

I can’t really argue with you about how my own brain works

Volunteering, art, loving relationships. Do something you're passionate about. Something that ignites your heart with fire 🔥

Say more Yes to life. Don't close yourself in a cubicle. It will suffocate the heart and make dissociation worse.

Meds cause dissociation/disconnect from the self aswell. Maybe consider some herbal brain tonics instead. Like gotu kola and brahmi.

Or just do volunteering. Try it. It won't make sense until you try it. 

My situation started way before the meds. They haven’t changed anything. 

Maybe some dissociation disorder.

It's worth contemplating alternative answers to the problem. Because your current conclusions are not very solid (in my view at least) 

The doctors would’ve came to such conclusions if it was some dissociation disorder it’s not and they didn’t come to such conclusion

Posted (edited)

Volunteering is all about shifting your attention from being ego centric to being all-centric. It connects you to the heart that heals all things. 

Nothing changes the default self-attention. I even did this exercise to focus on external world every day and it still doesn’t change it at all

to be honest I feel a bit awkward about this post I’ve been considering removing it because I understand how weird my explanation sounds

Edited by Sugarcoat

My new recommendation. Try a cold shower :D

12 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

how could dissociation cause an almost total loss of 3d depth perception to the enviroment?

Symptom of derealization, which is a dissociative disorder

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works