Past-Philosopher-562

Any Successful Actualizers here besides Leo ?

19 posts in this topic

Any successful actualizers here besides Leo . Do you guys consider yourself Actualizers? - Have you managed to satisfy your D-REALM NEEDS or are you as clueless as any one in any personal development subreddit ? How did you do it ? 

I’ve only just begun.

Plenty.

One useful piece of advise if you intellectualize about personal development too much: Thinking is no substitute for experience.
2 years of going out to bars every week and bartending myself has helped me develop socially and sexually more than any book ever could help me with.

Plot twist: Waldo finds himself.

@Yimpa Where are you ? -- Where are you stuck in each need - Are you in defecenies or being needs ?

1 hour ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

Have you managed to satisfy your D-REALM NEEDS

What does that look like to you?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard It looks like tranquility and peaceful domeaner . it looks like the person has erased childhood or past scars and has love for himself and is not insecure . it looks like someone who is safe and secure . It looks like someon who has a good self esteem . Satisfying those needs means the person has dealt with all the negative emotions that stem from not having his basic needs met .

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

@Carl-Richard It looks like tranquility and peaceful domeaner . it looks like the person has erased childhood or past scars and has love for himself and is not insecure . it looks like someone who is safe and secure . It looks like someon who has a good self esteem . Satisfying those needs means the person has dealt with all the negative emotions that stem from not having his basic needs met .

That's a continuous work in progress, unless you're enlightened (actually it's even true for enlightened people, but in a more subtle way). I don't think anyone has "maxed out" their peace and tranquility while still in human form.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard  Thank you for your Response . I would love your help with a dilemma I'm facing. I have a strong desire to actualize and work through my needs step by step, starting from the basics and gradually building a lifestyle that fulfills my needs. This journey aims to experience the phenomena Maslow describes when deficiency needs and being needs are satisfied, such as mystical experiences, clear perception, reduced frustration levels, and increased passion for life, among others.

Reading about self-actualization and transcendence makes me fall in love with the idea. However, I'm also considering whether I should focus on developing my Frame—starting with the Physical Pillar, then moving to the Intellectual and Emotional Pillars, and finally my Vision. A Mental Model I have been working on before I become passionate about Actualized.org

The issue is that I feel torn between these two concepts of self-improvement. I can't seem to decide whether to follow the path of self-actualization or concentrate on Frame development. Any guidance or insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated .

By the way , when I wanted to work on Frame was because I was motivated by Love , esteem and safety needs . I was reading how Abraham Maslow said , any action you have is motivated by many needs and even Frame seems to be partly motivated by this three needs .

That's because the good life is the challenging life. 

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

7 hours ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

The issue is that I feel torn between these two concepts of self-improvement. I can't seem to decide whether to follow the path of self-actualization or concentrate on Frame development.

How are they contradictory?

@ItsNick Are you proficient in cocktail making?.I started to love making them also would like  bartending to up my social game.If so any direction you can point me for a begginer?

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

@NoSelfSelf I am decent.

Best advise is to find a part-time job as a bartender or volunteer as one. Helps if you have a friend who is a bartender to help you.

Plot twist: Waldo finds himself.

@Carl-Richard @Carl-Richard Frame is about dating and intersexual dynamic and may be even more than that because it's about having a strong frame through developing Specific pillars , Physicl , Intellectual , and emotional and a vision and that creates a vision - by the way there are multiple ways I have seen about how frame is developed and Acualization is about fullfilling needs in a hierarchy of needs which will help a person satisfy the lower needs and upgrade to higher being needs .

I don't know how to connect them together or leave one and follow the other . I am attached to both

Posted (edited)

On 2.7.2024 at 9:28 PM, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

@Carl-Richard @Carl-Richard Frame is about dating and intersexual dynamic and may be even more than that because it's about having a strong frame through developing Specific pillars , Physicl , Intellectual , and emotional and a vision and that creates a vision - by the way there are multiple ways I have seen about how frame is developed and Acualization is about fullfilling needs in a hierarchy of needs which will help a person satisfy the lower needs and upgrade to higher being needs .

I don't know how to connect them together or leave one and follow the other . I am attached to both

I just see those as two slightly different ways of viewing a problem. Finding out what you ultimately want to do is sort of orthogonal to any model and simply requires an inner sense. There are 100s of ways to model the psyche, and most of them are very similar, just like the two you mentioned. So in the end, it doesn't really matter that much which one you choose to focus on. All of them provide you some tools for structured sensemaking and a sense of direction. Even if they're sort of bad and lead you astray, you'll learn and grow anyway, and your inner sense will keep taking you where you want to go.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Leo is currently the only billionaire in the forum(Obviously he owns it).

I am on my way but not there yet.

Great question. A lot of bickering and bullshit on this forum. It seems some of the mods are self actualising, as well as a few others. Just keep your eyes peeled, you can usually tell who's serious.

Btw, when you can't pick between two self development paths, choose the one that is lower on the hierarchy of needs.

@thenondualtankie Very interesting  Insight . choose the one that is lower on the hierarchy of needs. brilliant . I have a lot of mental models and some of them do tackle lower needs like safety from The 4 Hour work week , some are about developing Frame for love and self esteem needs . 

Thank you . this is good Idea 

Ask yourself:

What is my own, personal definition of success and why? 

How much am I currently successful in that specific way?

What would I honestly rather believe about myself, my unique validity, opportunities, sovereignty, innate talents and abilities, choices, past circumstances, future possibilities, etc ... ?

You may always shift your inner state of being, consciously transform or change your beliefs to your preferences and therefore have a different perception, interpretation and exhibit new behaviour which can only be affirmed in your own reality experience how successful, enriching or fulfilling you now believe your life to be.