Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenAlex

How can I make my time housebound meaningful.

5 posts in this topic

I don't know how to make my time meaningful while housebound guys. I can get out for short walks 15-20 minutes once a day but that is it.

I'm still off work, and cannot exert or concentrate for very long without feeling overwhelmed. Even typing this thread feels like an effort. 

I've got further appointments to see doctors but I feel like I'm gradually getting weaker and less able to handle exertion, physical or mental.

Long covid, me/cfs, dysautonomia. One of these.

I was on a call with a therapist and was asked to concentrate hard on something for like 30 minutes and I've felt more dizzy and unbalanced ever since. It exacerbated my default symptoms. I feel more drained more easily. I'm making sure to maintain a healthy diet including supplements. 

So I'm going to take the next month to just chill out. Exertion is something I need to avoid as much as possible right now. 

My plan is to just meditate for hours with reality, still try and get out for short walks to avoid deconditioning even thought it does bring on symptoms, and listen to audiobooks.

But want to know what else you guys can recommend I do while recovering. I cannot work now because concentrating on work eventually leads to tinnitus and blurred vision, as well as dizziness. 

How to make it meaningful? I feel like I've done as much investigating into my symptoms as I can, and I've got an appointment in 2 months with a syncope clinic. 

Even concentration on writing threads like these - It's like I can only tolerate it for so long. 

Meditation is obvious, anything else?

Do you have a purpose ? Are you sure you really want meditate ?

The devil is in the details.

6 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Do you have a purpose ? Are you sure you really want meditate ?

Yes because meditation makes me feel better. Most I've tried to meditate at once is 2.5-3 hours. I do it largely just to see what happens, not looking for anything. 

After 40 mins to 1 hour or so I feel considerably better. 

1 minute ago, ZenAlex said:

Yes because meditation makes me feel better. Most I've tried to meditate at once is 2.5-3 hours. I do it largely just to see what happens, not looking for anything. 

After 40 mins to 1 hour or so I feel considerably better. 

Cool.

Do you have a particular technique ? There are plenty of ways to meditating.

The devil is in the details.

25 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Cool.

Do you have a particular technique ? There are plenty of ways to meditating.

I just with my palms up, eyes closed or open depending on the day, take some deep breaths and let reality be as it is.