Jayson G

Project 2025??

301 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just saw @Leo Gura's blog post. 

I had to rewatch the first guy's video 3x, this actually sounds batshit crazy. 

I tried skimming some parts of the 900 page paper: https://www.project2025.org/policy/

But I honestly don't understand it. I'm unfortunately very ignorant of anything politics related on a technical level, although I do listen to a lot of high level stuff. 

I tried putting some of the pdf papers into chatgpt, and well ChatGPT is too damn nice I guess. It says everything is fine lol but its ChatGPT. 

Anyways, what's really going on here?

Some things I'm thinking: 

What are the implications of this?

By current government processes, built over centuries, how could it let one man have so much power and be a dictator like that? would the government even allow this?

How much of this is fear mongering? 

Could this be just a bunch of idiots trying to get it there way but the government won't allow that?

I really don't know, but I definitely didn't like a lot of the points the guy in the first video described. 

I mean people say a lot of stuff, but does that mean any of this stuff will really happen?

I'm also curious what you guys think the implications this could have on an individual level? the future? different sectors like AI, military, etc.? What groups will get affected and how?

Key point of my post: I definitely don't want to make this sound like I am choosing an argument or position here. I really just want to understand this situation deeper, if there really is that much of a concern at all. I think first having a deep understanding of the situation is key. 

Kind of random, but a youtuber commented on that first video: "German here. I have found out about Project 2025 months ago and have been worried ever since. My grandparents fell for it. I hope that most of you don't." you guys don't really think this is anything similar to hitler is it? again, just looking for understanding here.

Edited by Jayson G

@Leo Gura also if you could expand on some of these claims:  "finally market collapse along the lines of 2008", "erosion of the entire government at all levels, chaos" .. what kind of chaos are we talking on a more us citizen life, or systems of america? and market collapse is a pretty bold claim, why would that happen?

Deregulation leads to pillaging of the economy until eventually it collapses. That's what we saw with Bush in 2008.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I think im getting some higher level understanding: Deregulation -> increased corruption allowing banks and corporations to do what they want to do at others expense -> chaos -> uncertainty in a bad way?

also authoritarian state -> selfish agenda -> hurting the lives of many 

Posted (edited)

Trump will appoint the most incompetent and corrupt people in every major position in government. That cannot end well.

Edited by Leo Gura

https://www.reddit.com/r/Defeat_Project_2025/comments/1ddich3/here_is_a_bullet_point_breakdown_of_project_2025/

This pdf provides a bullet point overview of each chapter in the 900 page pdf

Also wtf is it really saying it will eliminate the dept of homeland security and replace it? 

@Leo Gura Im still not getting how this is connected to trump though? it seems the "heritage organization" wrote this, not the trump admin?

I completely understand that Trump is a horrible choice, but I feel like Biden is far too infirm to continue.   So now what?  Harris?  Newsome?  Could we have a moderate who spends responsibly and who will fix the border problem/illegal immigrants issue?

I mean, can we have some better choices at least?  The Progressives have gone way too far with this Woke crap, and insidious political correctness, but on the other hand, the far MAGA right wants to turn us into a bunch of born again Christian zombies.  How about neither one?

9 hours ago, Jayson G said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Defeat_Project_2025/comments/1ddich3/here_is_a_bullet_point_breakdown_of_project_2025/

This pdf provides a bullet point overview of each chapter in the 900 page pdf

Also wtf is it really saying it will eliminate the dept of homeland security and replace it? 

@Leo Gura Im still not getting how this is connected to trump though? it seems the "heritage organization" wrote this, not the trump admin?

It's connected to Trump because, if he gets into office, he would most certainly take as much liberty as the law gives him to fire any dissenting voices and appoint Trump loyalists.

Really it would allow any politician to do that. But he already has a strong proclivity for that type of behavior.

But you are correct that Project 2025 is more the work of right wing think tanks. But if Trump or any Republican gets elected, it gives these think tanks a lot of leverage to implement this plan because these think tanks are the ones that fund their campaigns.

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

If Trump wins again I'm not gonna feel very sorry for America. You can be mistaken once, but twice? you are a fool. 

USA will suffer from it's own immaturity, voting for a potential Tyrant.

I really hope the American people vote for the lesser Evil.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

29 minutes ago, Ramu said:

I mean, can we have some better choices at least?  The Progressives have gone way too far with this Woke crap, and insidious political correctness, but on the other hand, the far MAGA right wants to turn us into a bunch of born again Christian zombies.  How about neither one?

I'll take wokism over far-right Christian Autocracy any day. 

Also, Progressives don't really have much influence in the Democratic party. Biden is a centrist which is why he appeals to Moderate Conservatives who're against Trump. 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Deregulation leads to pillaging of the economy until eventually it collapses. That's what we saw with Bush in 2008.

Regulatory reform > deregulation.

The concept known as "regulatory capture" (where corporations in power use regulations to bully competition, IE: defense "cost plus" contracts, telecom monopolies etc.) should be reformed. 

There are second order consequences to over-regulation as well. The lack of affordable housing in many places is due to insane nitpicking, general douchebaggery of local governments driving up the cost/difficulty of building homes to the point where developers would rather build elsewhere. Overregulation of nuclear power has had a horrible net-negative on the world. It obviously needs to be regulated but nobody can even build a standard nuclear powerplant without insane amounts of time and money, rendering the cost-saving (and carbon neutral!) benefits of nuclear null - forcing under supplied electrical grids to rely on fossil fuels.

Edited by Dabidoe

@abundance The reason everyone is playing to "the middle" is because they are the only votes that swing the tide of election. The states that are "100% blue, red" don't need to be catered to, many will proudly decree "I would rather vote for a corpse than the other side."

So yes radicals that don't have any meaningful ability to convert the minority of "swing voters" will be nothing more than echo-chamber pandering partisan ideologues who are more cultural figureheads than political influencers.

Posted (edited)

This entire shenanigans has made me reflex on the corruptions I am conducting in my own personal life.

Edited by Yimpa

I think its safe to say we're witnessing a slow moving coup in America. I am deeply worried if Trump gets reelected. 

@abundance I don't think a Christian autocracy is possible here, with our checks and balances.  Not everyone is a religious zealot, plus he'll fix the border.  Biden will never fix the border, because he's merely a tool for the Progressive agenda.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Deregulation leads to pillaging of the economy until eventually it collapses.

This is false. 

Regulation leads to market capture and stifling of creativity. It's all about balance. 

The Democrats have to find a better candidate if they want to win. Biden won't cut it this time. 

Posted (edited)

The Heritage Foundation is directly working with Trump. They pick all the judges for his appointments.

Heritage is just an arm of the Christian Nationalists.

Their plan is Trump's platform.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ramu said:

@abundance I don't think a Christian autocracy is possible here, with our checks and balances.  Not everyone is a religious zealot, plus he'll fix the border.  Biden will never fix the border, because he's merely a tool for the Progressive agenda.

You're wrong. Project 2025 is an attempt to destroy those very checks and balances by replacing thousands of federal employees with Trump loyalists. 

To your second point, there was bipartisan legislation in place to address the border crisis that Biden was slated to sign into law.  It was ultimately nixed by Republicans at the orders of Trump.  

Edited by abundance

48 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

This is false. 

Regulation leads to market capture and stifling of creativity. It's all about balance. 

The Democrats have to find a better candidate if they want to win. Biden won't cut it this time. 

We already had a balance and SCOTUS destroyed.