Sugarcoat

Life is basically constant suffering if you are aware enough

50 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The trick is to suffer and not care.

You just hit the nail on the head right here. Nothing more needs to be said about suffering. I've come to this recognition a while back and it's amazing how short-lived the suffering got and how I realized the mind was doing it. The key is to bring it back to the present and recognize what is happening then. Most times you're just sitting on a couch or washing dishes. Where is the suffering in that. Half the shit i was worried about never even came to pass. Physical pain is a different story.

Know thyself....

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

Half the shit i was worried about never even came to pass. Physical pain is a different story.

Time to grab the stool softener! 

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

You just hit the nail on the head right here. Nothing more needs to be said about suffering. I've come to this recognition a while back and it's amazing how short-lived the suffering got and how I realized the mind was doing it. The key is to bring it back to the present and recognize what is happening then. Most times you're just sitting on a couch or washing dishes. Where is the suffering in that. Half the shit i was worried about never even came to pass. Physical pain is a different story.

I agree that presence is key to dissolving those mental stories. That is what self awareness is in a way

Just now, Yimpa said:

lol 

Just now, Yimpa said:

I guess that's where the physical pain comes in. Hehe the shit that never came to pass. Funny.

Know thyself....

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Physical pain is a different story.

It applies here just as well.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

I agree that presence is key to dissolving those mental stories. That is what self awareness is in a way

Do you know how many times I caught the mind going left to Timbuktu and I had to bring it back. Sometimes even just a minute later it started going there again. The trick is to keep bringing it back and bringing it back and bringing it back, till it gets tired and weary of not getting that kind of attention, the thought that is. 

Know thyself....

Just now, Leo Gura said:

It applies here just as well.

I see. Yeah I can understand that. Takes massive mind training though, but doable.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Do you know how many times I caught the mind going left to Timbuktu and I had to bring it back. Sometimes even just a minute later it started going there again. The trick is to keep bringing it back and bringing it back and bringing it back, till it gets tired and weary of not getting that kind of attention, the thought that is. 

👌🏻

Edited by Sugarcoat

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I see. Yeah I can understand that. Takes massive mind training though, but doable.

I agree with physical pain I guess it would take serious practice to be present in severe pain. With smaller pains that’s a different story it can be tolerated to a degree

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Takes massive mind training though, but doable.

Or, just not having any other option.

I live with physical pain every day, all day. Hard to even remember what no pain feels like.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Or, just not having any other option.

Yeah, sometimes that can be curative. Funny how the mind works.

Know thyself....

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I live with physical pain every day, all day. Hard to even remember what no pain feels like.

What do you feel?

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's painful to hear. I have to implement the "no other option" scenario with that.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Didn’t the Buddha say life is suffering? 

It’s true the ego is always kinda struggling. But also fuck it. 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

58 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

It’s wild how convincing the mind can be. So many times I’ve been convinced I’m on the verge of insanity, death, passing out and none of it ever happens 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

Just now, BlessedLion said:

It’s wild how convincing the mind can be. So many times I’ve been convinced I’m on the verge of insanity, death, passing out and none of it ever happens 

My "Spiritual practices" includes observation. I'm constantly observing that mind. My practices are day-to-day, 24/7, except when I'm sleeping. I've become aware of a lot of things just by being constantly aware and vigilant in my experiences. Didn't realize how deceptive the mind was before this. I'm constantly seeing this and I can also spot it in others. It's brutal.

Know thyself....

It's still suffering, even if you are not aware, you are just less aware of why or what is going on.

Take a simple example: A pet could be tormented in any number of ways and be completely unaware of it or why, but it'd still be going through it. The pet has the advantage of not being socially conditioned to hide the trauma. They shake or tremble, and visibly appear injured, often, this means an animal can shake off a trauma quite literally from their body when it happens. For a human, they can look completely normal, but they've rearranged their life to account for the equivalent of missing a leg or being disconnected from themselves and wearing a mask. Because humans are not socially conditioned to shout, shake their bodies, or otherwise integrate or recover from trauma they have experienced.

Being unaware of how crippled they are, or how much they are suffering, doesn't change it.

You have to get in there and do something like the completion process, or emotional surgery, which Teal just did a free three-day live session for on her platform if you haven't done it before. Her book, the Completion Process is pretty good for any internal work you've got to do. 

How do you know when you are fragmented, detached, or in a harmful pattern? Whenever you have a triggered emotion, a dilemma between two pieces of yourself, a self-sabotage or coping mechanism, for example. Any pattern that is causing suffering.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Think of the liberation that awaits you when the body falls away. In my case I'll be ditching a wheelchair too. Sweet!

11 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

constant suffering

Have you tried consciously choosing to suffer? That suffering doesn't feel the same somehow.