Sugarcoat

Life is basically constant suffering if you are aware enough

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Because the self is this tension in itself . This anxious activity that is trying to maintain itself kinda

I notice some people who claim to be doing good but then they do something like bite their nails which suggest that they have stress they are unaware of. So happiness can be unawareness, with enough awareness there’s almost constant suffering it’s the nature of this ego

A woman on insta I follow (@carlabezanson to give cred) she said once “I exist therefore I am anxious “ and I think it sums it up pretty well

Edited by Sugarcoat

In the so-called material world there's constant stress for every living being, that's true. Also called survival of course.

But with ever more awareness, there's Ananda – a sort of existential happiness/bliss. But it's not always easily accessible.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

4 minutes ago, vibv said:

In the so-called material world there's constant stress for every living being, that's true. Also called survival of course.

But with ever more awareness, there's Ananda – a sort of existential happiness/bliss. But it's not always easily accessible.

I should’ve written self awareness in particular to be more clear. 

That bliss might be accessed in the absence of ego I guess ?

Just now, Sugarcoat said:

I should’ve written self awareness in particular to be more clear. 

That bliss might be accessed in the absence of ego I guess ?

That bliss is something one has to forget in order to experience oneself as an ego.

What's real? The darkness at night or the sun?

The trick is to suffer and not care.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, vibv said:

That bliss is something one has to forget in order to experience oneself as an ego.

I get what u saying 

3 minutes ago, vibv said:

What's real? The darkness at night or the sun?

Both

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The trick is to suffer and not care.

Doesn’t remove anything but sure

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

Both

In experience yes. But only one is being "there", only one is in a way real. You can't kill the darkness, but you could blow up the sun. That's because darkness has no reality of its own, it's merely the absence of something – which is in this case light.

You can't fight darkness – but it simply disappears when you bring light.

So: Don't focus on the suffering, focus on your true nature, which is eternal bliss.

Just now, vibv said:

In experience yes. But only one is being "there", only one is in a way real. You can't kill the darkness, but you could blow up the sun. That's because darkness has no reality of its own, it's merely the absence of something – which is in this case light.

You can't fight darkness – but it simply disappears when you bring light.

So: Don't focus on the suffering, focus on your true nature, which is eternal bliss.

What would focusing on your true nature look like practically

Isn’t your true nature just absence of self 

All the time, absolutely, there is suffering to a greater or lesser extent. The opening is almost never complete, there is always some contraction, except in the moments of total opening, which are brief and inconstant. when the self is poured out and naked existence remains. This is enlightenment, it is unthinkable and, they say, it can be permanent. The structure of the self prevents this, it is constantly searching, finding what is missing.

12 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Doesn’t remove anything but sure

Removes 90% of your suffering.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

All the time, absolutely, there is suffering to a greater or lesser extent. The opening is almost never complete, there is always some contraction, except in the moments of total opening, which are brief and inconstant. when the self is poured out and naked existence remains. This is enlightenment, it is unthinkable and, they say, it can be permanent. The structure of the self prevents this, it is constantly searching, finding what is missing.

I knew you’d agree with this one I’ve seen you write similarly 

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Removes 90% of your suffering.

Depends on what kind it is I guess

12 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

What would focusing on your true nature look like practically

Isn’t your true nature just absence of self 

Your true nature is incomprehensible and unspeakable. But it is at the same time the most intimate thing — I mean, it’s your true nature after all.

How to get there.. depends. Everyone has their own path. But you know it in your heart if you dare to listen.

Posted (edited)

Your true nature is incomprehensible and unspeakable. But it is at the same time the most intimate thing — I mean, it’s your true nature after all.

How to get there.. depends. Everyone has their own path. But you know it in your heart if you dare to listen.

I don’t know it in my heart🤷🏻‍♀️ it is still mysterious to me how it happens for people that they get enlightened permanently 

Edited by Sugarcoat

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

I don’t know it in my heart🤷🏻‍♀️ it is still mysterious to me how it happens for people that they get enlightened permanently 

Ask and you shall receive. But you have to listen very carefully.

Ask and you shall receive. But you have to listen very carefully.

👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

The thing is just remove obstacles. eliminate the questions, the search, the desire, the fear. be here and now in a total way. It is possible, but the self is always in the lack, in what is missing. The opening is in the complete, the total. It is very difficult for the self to withdraw, there are always remains, but we have to be honest enough to see them. The resistance, the contraction. Then sometimes it dissapear. reality becomes totally fluid, without mental obstacles, then you can go deeper, and sometimes, the heart of the infinity manifest. The total glory of existence. I can't remember it now, I just can realize it when it's open, when it's close, it's less than a remember.

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The thing is just remove obstacles. eliminate the questions, the search, the desire, the fear. be here and now in a total way. It is possible, but the self is always in the lack, in what is missing. The opening is in the complete, the total. It is very difficult for the self to withdraw, there are always remains, but we have to be honest enough to see them. The resistance, the contraction. Then sometimes it dissapear. reality becomes totally fluid, without mental obstacles, then you can go deeper, and sometimes, the heart of the infinity manifest. The total glory of existence. I can't remember it now, I just can realize it when it's open, when it's close, it's less than a remember.

I see👌🏻I can draw a few parallels to my own experience