An young being

What could be the greatest purpose for us as a human being?

53 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To realize and embody what you actually Are.

To become a mirror so others can do the same.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, vibv said:

Because they don't point at what I'm trying to convey. Simple.. as that ;) 

In what you're saying there's someone that sees himself to be above the illusion. You can't just discard everything that's happening because "it doesn't matter anyway". That's just spiritual bypassing.

The illusion is absolute. As soon as you try to be above it you've fallen into some kind of metaphysical duality again.

You're making assumptions. I never said anything about discarding everything that's happening because "it doesn't matter anyway". You have put "words in my mouth". You have interpreted what I've said as my being above the illusion. If my head gets cracked upside the head, that won't be an illusion to me and i don't live my life bypassing the dual nature of existence and it's relative nature. It's all normal and back to reality - so to speak. 

Why is it when one speaks about this stuff it's assumed they feel they are above anything. It's just a discussion on a particular topic. Nothing mentioned here about how one lives. Even the so-called enlightened beings chop wood and carry water. Life goes on and everything matters on the relative level. No point in discussing the Absolute if it's going to lead to assumptions of one's personal way of living and how they see the world. Two different topics. 

The difference is that certain things do fall away energetically and the individual can become less neurotic and delusional. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

19 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

To realize and embody what you actually Are.

To become a mirror so others can do the same.

i agree except one can't know oneself alone

oneself lopped off uncountable fragments of oneself and called that the universe

those bits need to be lured and loved back where they belong

oneself is a bullet ridden corpse until one's long lost limbs come back home

to love is to extend consciousness to embrace the beloved so two reunite as one

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You're making assumptions. I never said anything about discarding everything that's happening because "it doesn't matter anyway". You have put "words in my mouth". You have interpreted what I've said as my being above the illusion. If my head gets cracked upside the head, that won't be an illusion to me and i don't live my life bypassing the dual nature of existence and it's relative nature. It's all normal and back to reality - so to speak. 

Why is it when one speaks about this stuff it's assumed they feel they are above anything. It's just a discussion on a particular topic. Nothing mentioned here about how one lives. Even the so-called enlightened beings chop wood and carry water. Life goes on and everything matters on the relative level. No point in discussing the Absolute if it's going to lead to assumptions of one's personal way of living and how they see the world. Two different topics. 

The difference is that certain things do fall away energetically and the individual can become less neurotic and delusional. 

I don't really know you, of course. What I say is partly based on my general impression that these discussions here tend to become non-dual circle jerks. As if everything had been understood and there's nothing more to explore, except details inside this so-called illusion, because all the big questions have been answered. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I also got this sense when reading your first post in this thread. And the purpose of what I say is to remind you that nothing has been answered and if you think you've had arrived somewhere you've completely deluded yourself (again, speaking to the general audience here).

There's this mind-numbing buddhist notion that you're done as soon as you realize that all this is maya. It isn't. It's LIFE. Maya is everything that obscures seeing LIFE for what it is. Including the belief, that there's nothing to see here, cause it's all just an illusion. It's a bit tricky to put into words..

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

1 hour ago, vibv said:

I don't really know you, of course. What I say is partly based on my general impression that these discussions here tend to become non-dual circle jerks. As if everything had been understood and there's nothing more to explore, except details inside this so-called illusion, because all the big questions have been answered. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I also got this sense when reading your first post in this thread. And the purpose of what I say is to remind you that nothing has been answered and if you think you've had arrived somewhere you've completely deluded yourself (again, speaking to the general audience here).

There's this mind-numbing buddhist notion that you're done as soon as you realize that all this is maya. It isn't. It's LIFE. Maya is everything that obscures seeing LIFE for what it is. Including the belief, that there's nothing to see here, cause it's all just an illusion. It's a bit tricky to put into words..

You do draw a lot of assumptions. That's my assumption, so I'm not saying that's exactly what you're doing, just seems that way. Reason being, I don't think nor have ever said, I got anything, there's nothing left to be done, I've arrived anywhere and nothing left to explore. These are all words from you and I've never said any of this. I get impressions can be arrived at, but to have this many impressions, to me, and this is also an impression and assumption on my part, that you're grouping me into a category that tend to have these beliefs after recognizing the illusion without any real basis from anything I've actually said for you to come to those assumptions. You'll agree most of what I've said is the case but then the rest are all just your own assumptions and impressions; and to me, they are not based on anything i've actually said but your interpretations and impressions on the meanings. 

Youve even went on to talk about Buddhist notions as if categorizing me into that belief system when I know nothing about Buddhism. Another thing you're not taking into consideration is that not everyone has the same goal, on the same path nor seek the same things. So, it's up to the individual to decide for themselves which road to take and when and what they think is enough to satisfy their curiosity or when they believe there's nothing more to seek. Please don't assume anything here and just take these words for what they are without thinking I'm speaking about anyone in particular, even myself, or that I'm saying there's nothing more to seek or do. In my book, there's nothing else worthwhile to do in life but to explore this fantastic and marvelous thing called life in every aspect possible; but without the need to know anything. For me, it's a joy and pleasure to do these thing; not trying to get somewhere because I'm trying to gain something but for the art of exploring where I see fit and to my liking. 

Know thyself....

1 hour ago, vibv said:

On 01/07/2024 at 1:34 AM, Verg0 said:

I know very little about Buddhism, but can you point to the literature that says what you mean? I would like to explore it more.

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

i agree except one can't know oneself alone

oneself lopped off uncountable fragments of oneself and called that the universe

those bits need to be lured and loved back where they belong

oneself is a bullet ridden corpse until one's long lost limbs come back home

to love is to extend consciousness to embrace the beloved so two reunite as one

Just now I was talking about poets ;)

Learning to trust one another.

…or should I say

32 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You do draw a lot of assumptions. That's my assumption, so I'm not saying that's exactly what you're doing, just seems that way. Reason being, I don't think nor have ever said, I got anything, there's nothing left to be done, I've arrived anywhere and nothing left to explore. These are all words from you and I've never said any of this. I get impressions can be arrived at, but to have this many impressions, to me, and this is also an impression and assumption on my part, that you're grouping me into a category that tend to have these beliefs after recognizing the illusion without any real basis from anything I've actually said for you to come to those assumptions. You'll agree most of what I've said is the case but then the rest are all just your own assumptions and impressions; and to me, they are not based on anything i've actually said but your interpretations and impressions on the meanings. 

Actually thank you for pointing that out. It's something I definitely have to work on and that gives me some useful impulses for contemplation.

On the other hand I think I have a point. It may not apply to you personally, but it is some deep intuition I have when reading through some of those posts here and on other similar places. My goal is to - ironically - challenge some deep assumptions about this work I stumble upon again and again. It's as if I'm seeing many that are fast asleep while thinking, they are awake, but they are merely sleepwalking.

To do that effectively I have to also challenge my own assumptions first, I can see that.

44 minutes ago, An young being said:

I know very little about Buddhism, but can you point to the literature that says what you mean? I would like to explore it more.

No because I didn't derive that from literature.

I'm speaking from some of my own profound insights into the nature of LIFE and can tell you – it is so much more crazy than anyone, much less any human, could ever fathom. To reduce it to Nothingness just feels completely misleading to me.

We have to have some breakthroughs in human spirituality and my goal is to contribute to poking holes in what is currently called that. It's the same with art, science and any other field: Time and again we think we found most of the "answers", or that there are only details left to explore – and this is just something I'm sensing – but in reality there are mindfucks of such magnitudes to be had, that you couldn't even begin to understand them right now.

I get a sense of complacency when looking at the state of our collective development that just drives me crazy. The creative spark of humanity seems like a tiny flickering flame when it could be a raging bonfire.

20 minutes ago, vibv said:

No because I didn't derive that from literature.

I'm speaking from some of my own profound insights into the nature of LIFE and can tell you – it is so much more crazy than anyone, much less any human, could ever fathom. To reduce it to Nothingness just feels completely misleading to me.

We have to have some breakthroughs in human spirituality and my goal is to contribute to poking holes in what is currently called that. It's the same with art, science and any other field: Time and again we think we found most of the "answers", or that there are only details left to explore – and this is just something I'm sensing – but in reality there are mindfucks of such magnitudes to be had, that you couldn't even begin to understand them right now.

Yes, you are right, there still exists many unsolved mysteries in the universe, have fun deciphering them all !

1 hour ago, vibv said:

Actually thank you for pointing that out. It's something I definitely have to work on and that gives me some useful impulses for contemplation.

On the other hand I think I have a point. It may not apply to you personally, but it is some deep intuition I have when reading through some of those posts here and on other similar places. My goal is to - ironically - challenge some deep assumptions about this work I stumble upon again and again. It's as if I'm seeing many that are fast asleep while thinking, they are awake, but they are merely sleepwalking.

To do that effectively I have to also challenge my own assumptions first, I can see that.

👍Same here.

Know thyself....

Just to experience reality