An young being

What could be the greatest purpose for us as a human being?

53 posts in this topic

For me, I believe it's simply to experience the present life, both good and bad, and practicing activities that expand  consciousness and maintain that state.

What do you think is the greatest purpose a human being can ever have?

For me it is to live and feel alive, to experience and understand, to explore and be creative, to make choices and create meaning. Yet all purpose is self-created or self-discovered or self-invented, in a way the greatest purpose is purpose itself and yet the play within purposelessness also. In another way any question answers itself, the purpose of purpose is purpose, it is that sense, that which is pointed to, in whatever way it can be accessed, the experience of it and its creative expression which is all purpose is. I have some quotes too though:

"Earthly existence is a training period; and yet as far as possible I would like you to forget your ordinary ideas of progression. Ideas of good, better, best can lead you astray, for example. You are learning to be, as completely as possible. In one way you are learning to create yourselves. In so doing during the reincarnational cycle, you are focusing your main abilities in physical life, developing human qualities and characteristics, opening new dimensions of activity. This does not mean that good does not exist, or that in your terms you do not "progress," but your concepts of good and progression are extremely distorted."

"We enjoy a sense of play that is highly spontaneous, and yet I suppose you would call it responsible play. Certainly it is creative play. We play, for example, with the mobility of our consciousness, seeing how "far" one can send it. We are constantly surprised at the products of our own consciousness, of the dimensions of reality through which we can hopscotch. It might seem that we use our consciousness idly in such play, and yet again, the pathways we make continue to exist and can be used by others. We leave messages to any who come by, mental signposts. We can be highly motivated therefore, and yet use and understand the creative use of play, both as a method of attaining our goals and purposes and as a surprising and creative endeavor in itself."

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

Find God then wake up. God designed human body to do this. Its a God revealing machine.

Or having the karmic initiation process of waking up started 

Edited by Hojo

Being so Awake you help others from truly an honest place..not to appear compassive or because It suits your ego, but because truly within you are "done" and therefore all your energies and mind and be focused on the outside and do what is needed in the world.

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

16 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

For me it is to live and feel alive

This sounds like a grand purpose, to simply exist for the sake of the experience, and not be a dead body or a machine while doing so.

The rest of your thoughts are interesting but complex. I would say, a purpose to be without any desire to have a purpose could be a great purpose,lol. I assume that's the definition of enlightenment. The seeking of a time where we don't need a purpose to exist, provided that time exists.

21 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Find God then wake up. God designed human body to do this. Its a God revealing machine.

Or having the karmic initiation process of waking up started 

That's an interesting purpose but don't think it's a popular one, since many go after materialistic pursuits in this world and make them as a driving force for their life or a purpose. But could your choice be the greatest one? Why do you think so?

23 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Being so Awake you help others from truly an honest place..not to appear compassive or because It suits your ego, but because truly within you are "done" and therefore all your energies and mind and be focused on the outside and do what is needed in the world.

Trying to be truly selfless is indeed a wonderful purpose to have. But could it be the greatest one? Would we feel fulfillment after achieving that purpose, ie, have the capability to be completely selfless and use that capability to the world?

Also, what would define the greatest purpose? Something that would give the greatest fulfillment? Something that makes us stop having any more purpose?

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, An young being said:

Also, what would define the greatest purpose? Something that would give the greatest fulfillment? Something that makes us stop having any more purpose?

Transcending everything to the point of absolute unity and becoming a singularity of consciousness in which everything exists and expresses itself where no self is to be found and so everything is absolutely immutably perfect always since there is no one to judge, react or desire? Brahman, Shiva, God? Where there is absolutely no purpose and so that inflects itself into anything and everything having absolute infinite purpose independent of its circumstance and form in infinite absolute zero metaness?

Edited by Keryo Koffa

32 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Transcending everything to the point of absolute unity and becoming a singularity of consciousness in which everything exists and expresses itself where no self is to be found and so everything is absolutely immutably perfect always since there is no one to judge, react or desire? Brahman, Shiva, God? Where there is absolutely no purpose and so that inflects itself into anything and everything having absolute infinite purpose independent of its circumstance and form in infinite absolute zero metaness?

But couldn't that be the least important purpose? If God's natural state or the beginning itself is in absolute unity, why would as a human being, we want to end where it all began?

4 minutes ago, An young being said:

But couldn't that be the least important purpose? If God's natural state or the beginning itself is in absolute unity, why would as a human being, we want to end where it all began?

I would say because in the Absolute/God realm everything just IS, its Absolute, its ONE, its ALL, everything is included and inclusive. What is going here on Earth in regards to all Life especially Humans, it is not this way on some levels, yes all is provided for Us here to have Everything we need to Survive and Thrive, has anything we gained not come from this Earth? Our Bodies comes from this Earth via our Food, the only thing that does not come from this Earth is How we are Within Ourselves, our Karmic Substance (previous Lives residual effect of all the actions we took, could be 100's to 1000's of lives as a plant, human, animal...) and living in a Dual Material World but with endless Desire and seeming Purpose coming up at all opportunities (Achieve a Goal, you want to Achieve another Goal topping the previous one, this is Desire process).

Desire is the same as Life, its a progression to Having and Being more than what You are right now, this in the end if You follow it too its final conclusion leads us to complete Liberation and going back to the Absolute, losing all Individuality and ability to experience as we do here...

In Simple terms it is Life (Life=Absolute/God) being able to experience itself as Life and coming full circle thru it all, which does not happen in the Absolute realm imho:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

41 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

.Desire is the same as Life, its a progression to Having and Being more than what You are right now, this in the end if You follow it too its final conclusion leads us to complete Liberation and going back to the Absolute, losing all Individuality and ability to experience as we do here...

In Simple terms it is Life (Life=Absolute/God) being able to experience itself as Life and coming full circle thru it all, which does not happen in the Absolute realm imho:)

I agree, maybe it could be the least important purpose of God, but it could very well be the greatest purpose of a human being.

If progression could be having more than what we are right now, couldn't trying to achieve or know or obtain infinite things in the world also lead to the same conclusion called liberation? Is it possible?

@An young being Infinity infinitizes infinitely, there's always more and you will never get to the end of it. You can subdivide and expand reality forever but no matter how far you get, there's more. The process has no end. You assign significance through yourself, in a way you can choose since you are the arbiter of meaning.

5 minutes ago, An young being said:

I agree, maybe it could be the least important purpose of God, but it could very well be the greatest purpose of a human being.

If progression could be having more than what we are right now, couldn't trying to achieve or know or obtain infinite things in the world also lead to the same conclusion called liberation? Is it possible?

Purpose doesn't come from Absolute/God, the only thing that comes from that is Potential/Possibility, we are here to work out this thing we call "Purpose" which comes from out Intellect and Mind creating so many complexities to everything.  Purpose can be wonderful and horrible, we have many examples in the world of ppl with a sense of Purpose doing wonderful and horrible things/actions, and its still going on today, so there are somethings that have to be worked out before one comes to a point of having a "Purpose", because we as Humans have allot of Power available to Us today, compared to yester years, in our own individual lives and our lives as a whole..

Yes, Eventually after one has acquired and the need to be more has been done via the Physical, the person should Transcend to the Mental, then Energetic and then Non Physical aspect of Who They Are in this regard I would say. Many Ppl have gotten stupidly rich, so much so that they can't spend it all, and in their trying to spend it they realize their Happiness and Desire is not settled by the spending, then they go for Power and Control, the same happens there too, they Try Drugs and it probably destroys their lives, so as we age we naturally lose certain things, this is there for Us to realize that Life is not Found in "Things" or Achievements, Accolades. Success and even in Friends and Family, when one gets to this point its natures way of making Us more Spiritually Minded and Aware, it should awaken our Desire to Seek the Answers, this is why we have the Eastern Spiritual Systems of Yoga, Buddhism, Daoism and so forth so we have a way to Awaken to our True Nature and the End of Purpose or Desire driven Lives... 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

@An young being They are scared of God. The fear of death that humans experience is God they cant sit and feel it they cant even talk about it. some human are so scared of God they created this entire civilization to occupy themselves and tricked everyone from merging with God with the same fear.

Edited by Hojo

totally enlightenment. I want to open the door completely and leave it wide open .

24 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@An young being Infinity infinitizes infinitely, there's always more and you will never get to the end of it. You can subdivide and expand reality forever but no matter how far you get, there's more. The process has no end. You assign significance through yourself, in a way you can choose since you are the arbiter of meaning.

I do fantasize humans inventing an infinite AI that reaches infinite knowledge:D. And of course, humans getting wiped out of existence after knowing it, lol. Seriously though, scientists seems to be  closing in towards infinity with something called quantum mechanics, with the end seeming to be reachable within a few hundred or thousand years, I would say it's a pretty systematic version of inquiry.

16 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Purpose doesn't come from Absolute/God, the only thing that comes from that is Potential/Possibility,

Sorry, I shouldn't have used the word God, instead I would use " An enlightened being ". 

18 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Many Ppl have gotten stupidly rich, so much so that they can't spend it all, and in their trying to spend it they realize their Happiness and Desire is not settled by the spending, then they go for Power and Control, the same happens there too, they Try Drugs and it probably destroys their lives, so as we age we naturally lose certain things, this is there for Us to realize that Life is not Found in "Things" or Achievements, Accolades. Success and even in Friends and Family, when one gets to this point its natures way of making Us more Spiritually Minded and Aware, it should awaken our Desire to Seek the Answers, this is why we have the Eastern Spiritual Systems of Yoga, Buddhism, Daoism and so forth so we have a way to Awaken to our True Nature and the End of Purpose or Desire driven Lives... 

I too believe the same. The ones who think they can achieve the state of God with ego driven desires such as wealth, knowledge and power can be called as a version of Brahma, there's a reason why Hindus don't worship him and why Shiva cut one of his heads.

9 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@An young being They are scared of God. The fear of death that humans experience is God they cant sit and feel it they cant even talk about it. some human are so scared of God they created this entire civilization to occupy themselves and tricked everyone from merging with God with the same fear.

Looks like fear is a good thing after all:D. Without it we wouldn't have stories of great civilisations!

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

totally enlightenment. I want to open the door completely and leave it wide open .

But is it possible with an ego? Can we ever get free from it?

3 minutes ago, An young being said:

But is it possible with an ego? Can we ever get free from it?

It is not a question of getting rid of the ego but of reconfiguring it so that it is transparent

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is not a question of getting rid of the ego but of reconfiguring it so that it is transparent

Yeah, I think it's definitely possible, but it's never going to disappear infinitely.

Edited by An young being

1 hour ago, An young being said:

I do fantasize humans inventing an infinite AI that reaches infinite knowledge:D. And of course, humans getting wiped out of existence after knowing it, lol. Seriously though, scientists seems to be  closing in towards infinity with something called quantum mechanics, with the end seeming to be reachable within a few hundred or thousand years, I would say it's a pretty systematic version of inquiry.

How do you get to the end of this?

How do you reach infinity when all you do is expand your form within infinity to perceive infinity?

AI can accelerate exponentially and then double exponentially but it doesn't end. Only way to access all is through 0.

2 hours ago, An young being said:

Yeah, I think it's definitely possible, but it's never going to disappear infinitely.

It seems that being human is an evolutionary step, a school, or a crucible, to be a structure that enables total openness to the absolute being "something."

Posted (edited)

To become a beacon of truth unto mankind.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To become a beacon of truth unto mankind.

Mankind is an illusion/fantasy of Self.